• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

An eventful weekend...

dvmvail

Certified Ski Diva
I have a pair of Salomon 9's which I think are very similar. I have a really protruding bone on the top of my foot (whatever that knobby bone is called). i was having trouble with my foot going numb when the boots were buckled. I took them in and they adjusted that "3rd" buckle to be a bit slanted and they also marked the exact spot where that bone protrudes then took my liner in the back, heated it up and were able to create a little pocket for those bones. It took care of all my problems! Each boot is a little different, but I hope that helps! Congrats on your new boots. I bought ones that fit this year and they just made ALL the difference, even for a beginner skier like me. And congrats on your great day on the mt.!

persee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Update #3

Ok... This should be the last update I post before actually skiing in the boots. Good news is that last night I think I got them totally comfortable. Was in them for well over an hour and very comfy. No cold or numbness on either foot and I was able to tighten down the buckles a bit more and still be quite comfy. I was sooooooo happy. I'll prolly wear them around a bit more tonight - in part to remind me to take the pricetags off ($635 originally! :eek: ) and to just try to tweak things a bit more. Then the big test on Saturday!:becky:

Next report will be saturday night!

persee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
NVG,

Indeed.... but that has to wait a couple of weeks - I won't be in Denver until 11pm on April 9... Sorry to disappoint!:confused:

persee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
New Boots... The weekend report

So I got the new boots out on Saturday (yesterday). Wow what a difference and some strange things to report. I figured that I would have to tighten my boots less whileout in the cold skiing (it was 23ish with probably below 0 windchill at BW. BRRR!) because the shell plastic would tighten/shrink up. From my clomping I'd found the comfort spot indoors on the boots buckles on each feet and figured I'd start with that. Well immediately I had to tighten up the boots more - seems like my FEET SHRANK in the cold. So after a bit of nudging on my buckles I got them workable - still need to work out a bit more but that will come.

Regardless it made a huge difference to my skiing. Lots quicker response with my skis. I no longer can seem to get the skis to go faster than my comfort level. I can push them as fast as they're willing to go (Attiva AC3s which do like to GO!) and I'm still confident. I did some more varied terrain - including my first black glade:clap: - and these just worked so well. My failures were more where my own confidence failed me. I actually fell 3 times (most I've fallen in a long time) due to the fact that I was pushing myself (once when I caught a stem in the black glade). Skiied blacks several times and felt really good. Also was able to feel some really nice edge to edge carving - I was going under the lift line at high speed and think anyone looking down must have had to admire my skiing (this was on a blue but still).

I had a really great day - although I'm a little sore in my shoulder today from one of my falls - not sure which one though I have a suspicion. ROM/strength is not impacted so I figure it will just go away. I need to get the feet ratcheted down a little bit more - I feel like I can more my forefoot a bit more than I ought but it's a minor complaint. I'm not really sore in my quads or gluts after this skiing which I think is a big testament to the boots and I pushed a bit. We got a late start yesterday and I had to go in for like 20-30 minutes to thaw my hands (need new glove/mitts desperately for uber cold days!) but both DH and I would have gone longer if not for the mountain closing. I was really proud of myself yesterday and can't wait to ski more. The only disappointment is that that was prolly my last trip in the glades for the season as unless we get a major dump there won't be enough snow, just ice, to make them fun. And to think I thought I never would/could ski glades!

Oh and even better. when the Anthems were on SAC on Friday I saw them but wasn't willing to spend on them (I just spent $450 on boots!) but DH ordered me 2 pairs! :love:

So I'm very very very pleased to have new boots! And once again I can't wait till my next day out!:snow:

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Hey, really glad to hear that things are working out for you and the boots! It really is the consummate struggle, it seems---but once you're dialed in :yahoo: You said zip about pain, so that's GOOD - just some minor tweaks, and you're all set. Looks like, from what it's doing up here, the ski season isn't going anywhere too soon. We're in for yet another cold week, more or less - certainly nothing capable of major damage. How late are the Threedom resorts staying open? BW has gone way late in past years, as I recall.

persee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well as for the threedom resorts CMR has officially extended their season to April 6 - they were scheduled to close next weekend - but based on the conditions last weekend and my own local weather report (SiL is in the area) which told me they saw a fair deal of rain and not so much snow from last week's storm I don't think we'll be hitting there again this spring. WV is probably looking at April 15thish and we'd like to ski there before the end of the season but not holding our breath. Once again they're longitudinally disadvantaged. BW I think was open until May last season and I fully expect with the base/conditions they have now that they'll be trying for May this year. I think our last ski day in NE will probably be April 6 unless we see some mid/late april dumps as we'll be skiing in CO the following weekend. :thumbsup:

But yes. I'm really psyched about my boots. Don't feel near as bad about that $450 anymore! Oh and keep snow dancing for this week so we can have more beautiful conditions! The latest NWS report for coos county is calling for another snow event tuesday night/wednesday. WOOOHOOO!:yahoo:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga