• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

ALL our snow is basically GONE

C

CMCM

After some early snow, low temps and a lot of good snowmaking, I got in 5 really good ski days Nov. 7-11. Then it warmed up and has gotten sunny and warmer ever since, and virtually ALL that snow is GONE GONE GONE, and we're back at square one, waiting for the winter storms. There nothing left on the hills to ski on now! Guess I shouldn't complain, though....at least I had 5 nice days early on to get my ski legs back!

Kano

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yup, if your slopes have had more than six inches of snow on them for more than five hours at a time, you can't complain!

Karen in Boise

jaydog

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
At least you got some ski days in! Here in WA, we had a couple inches, not nearly enough to ski, but enough to start hoping. Then the pineapple express came and did away with it all. And it's been maddeningly warm ever since...

skimomma24

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We had snow, then it melted, and today we got some more. But not nearly enough to open any hills! Hopefully the cold temps we are getting now will allow the machines to run and get things going.

Jilly

Staff member
skimomma24 - Tremblant opens Friday and its looks like 4 runs!! We had flurries here today down by the lake. Alberta clipper coming in for tomorrow so maybe 1-2 cm. That will be enough to get people in the snow mood anyways. Christmas shopping etc.

Jilly

Staff member
skimomma24 - Tremblant opens Friday and its looks like 4 runs!! We had flurries here today down by the lake. Alberta clipper coming in for tomorrow so maybe 1-2 cm. That will be enough to get people in the snow mood anyways. Christmas shopping etc.

oragejuice

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Same here. I skiied last weekend, and now the snow is gone. Its mid 60's in Bend today. I'm wearing a skirt and tee. Poop.

LindsaySkiGal

Certified Ski Diva
I have the opposite problem - PA got 9" and the slopes haven't opened yet! It is torture! I mean really, how long does it take to open a few runs?

perma-grin

Instructor PSIA L 3, APD Alpine Ski training MHSP
We open Mt.Holly tomorrow at 3:00pm, luckly I don't have to be out their until thursday for my first patrol shift of the year! They have been making snow like crazy! We also are having our ski swap This saturday so we are guarunteed a good turn out! Captive audience so to speak! Lol!:ski2:

LilaBear

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
After some early snow, low temps and a lot of good snowmaking, I got in 5 really good ski days Nov. 7-11. Then it warmed up and has gotten sunny and warmer ever since, and virtually ALL that snow is GONE GONE GONE, and we're back at square one, waiting for the winter storms. There nothing left on the hills to ski on now! Guess I shouldn't complain, though....at least I had 5 nice days early on to get my ski legs back!

Hey, it's got to feel harder that it came and went. What a tease!

SkiGAP

Angel Diva
Here in Munich / Southern Germany we're expecting a major snowstorm...regardless, either Saturday or Tuesday I plan to head into Austria to try out the new boots with the Auras...good luck to all getting some snow to stick!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
A few years ago we had a killer January thaw here in Vermont. The season was going fine, then around MLK weekend the temperatures went waaaay up, it poured, and there was some serious damage on the slopes. A lot of places ended up closing temporarily. We seem to get some warm days like that every year in January, though most of the time they're not so severe.

Haven't skied yet, and I really envy that you have! Okemo opens on Saturday, but I won't get out there til Monday. :(

SkiNurse

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Temps in Denver have been in the 70s-80s...mountains 50s. Thank God, that the nightime temps at the resorts do drop into the teens so they are still frantically making snow at night.

I'll be heading up to Copper today for those 50 degree temps, blue skies and hopefully, soft man made snow!:ski2:

C

CMCM

A few years ago we had a killer January thaw here in Vermont. The season was going fine, then around MLK weekend the temperatures went waaaay up, it poured, and there was some serious damage on the slopes. A lot of places ended up closing temporarily. We seem to get some warm days like that every year in January, though most of the time they're not so severe.

Haven't skied yet, and I really envy that you have! Okemo opens on Saturday, but I won't get out there til Monday. :(

Same thing happened here in January 2006, I think it was. THe season got a good start November-December, and there wasn't a single snowstorm in January, temps warmed up, and I think it probably RAINED. It was horrible, and virtually no skiing that month. Then Feb/Mar/Apr were pretty good. Sometimes we have gotten our biggest storms in March! But this current weather is uncharacteristically warm at this point. Usually it's at least raining by now. I put my flannel sheets on the bed in early November, but I almost need to switch them back to regular sheets right now. I'm in short sleeve T's now, too. Back to biking for awhile?? :noidea:

SkiNurse

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Copper was gorgeous today! Temps in the 50s, blue skies...no clouds or wind!

They are opened top to bottom (Ptramigian being the top run open) and less than half of the people that I encountered last Monday.

So, soft snow, twice the terrain as last week and sun...what more can I ask for today??:ski2:

Copper looks like it has been doing a good job blowing snow to get ready for the Thanksgiving week. The peaks surround Copper are nicely covered...and that's just Mother Nature!:drool:

G Hoodie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

I'm in the same boat here! No snow and the natives are getting restless!

Snowflower

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My mountain (Monarch) relies on all natural snow, so while most of the big resorts in Colorado are open, ours isn't yet, and it doesn't look likes it's going to be open for a while. They are scheduled to open on the 26th, but unless we get a storm soon I'm not sure that's going to happen.

It's hard to sit here and wait, but once it comes it will all be worth it! Plus wearing flip flops in November is actually kind of nice!

oragejuice

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Bwahaha. Nevermind my earlier post. The snow is back, its dumping at Bachelor. =) Hurrah!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga