• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Advice for skiing at Park City?

VTsnowflower

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hi. We've just decided to go to Park City at the end of March (Easter weekend.) I'm planning to book a condo in the Park City area. Any advice about best areas (blues and blacks) to ski? Best lifts to start with? Strategies to avoid lines? Current conditions? Restaurants to try? Thanks for anything you can tell me.

Chuyi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think PC is the Home hill of @BonStarlet. Do you have an epic or ikon? Epic is PC ski resort. Ikon is deer Valley. Park City has a free efficient bus system so you don't need a car. PC ski resort has 2 bases as it used to be 2 ski areas. Canyons close to the highway and Park City (off main street). Skiing from one base to the other takes close to 2 hours basically you spend a day going from 1 base to the next have lunch & come back. In between the 2 base is a beautiful gondola ride quicksilver. Usually people pick a base & stay around. On weekends no way to avoid lines although end of march may be less crowded. The bases are the choke points. If you ski at Canyons going back to base requires offload from gondola or a swing slow lift or a tow rope.
I would expect spring conditions but the forecast is not good until the week before.
Restaurants depends on how much you want to spend (expensive or more expensive). Main Street is where the Sundance festival it looks like old west with expensive shops but not as luxurious as Aspen. Restaurants with mediocre food. Near the Hwy is the area called Kimball Junction with outlet mall+whole Foods Walmart +smith's (Kroger). Hana ramen is good. 11Hauz has great Jamaican Food.
Cafe Rio is a local/rockies Mexican chain that is affordable (they make fresh tortillas).

BonStarlet

Certified Ski Diva
Welcome to park city! Conditions are highly variable right now - yesterday we had sun, rain and snow....all in about 6 hours. I agree with most of what Chuyi provided here. I think it can take less than 2 hours to ski from base to base, and i quite like doing that as the "middle ground" between PCMR and Canyons tend to be less crowded.

There are a LOT of great blues "between" the resorts off of Peak 5 lift, Daybreak and Dreamcatcher. From the PCMR side, I am a big fan of Pioneer lift and the views from Georgianna (McConkey's lift) can't be missed. King Con lift serves a nice section of blues with good variety, but if it has been warm / cold then can be a bit scratchy over there. From Canyons, I like to start my day on Orange Bubble, ski over to Super Condor and work my way from one edge of the mountain to the other. I also highly recommend lunch on the Canyons side at Tombstone BBQ - right at the base of the Tombstone lift.

Depending on where you end up staying, there are a LOT of restaurant options! I live over near Kimball and cannot recommend Hana Ramen enough. It is NOT fancy, but it is GREAT. We eat there probably 1X per week every single week.

Verve

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Enjoy PC!! Lots of great info here already so I’ll only add that almost every restaurant will let you bring your own wine and charge a corkage fee ranging from $5-$20 - if you like wine with dinner it’s a good way to save a few $$. There are two liquor stores in town - the larger is in the Kimball Jxn area already mentioned.

My personal favorite blue on the PC side is Keystone - Canyons side is Boa.

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
Welcome to park city! Conditions are highly variable right now - yesterday we had sun, rain and snow....all in about 6 hours. I agree with most of what Chuyi provided here. I think it can take less than 2 hours to ski from base to base, and i quite like doing that as the "middle ground" between PCMR and Canyons tend to be less crowded.

There are a LOT of great blues "between" the resorts off of Peak 5 lift, Daybreak and Dreamcatcher. From the PCMR side, I am a big fan of Pioneer lift and the views from Georgianna (McConkey's lift) can't be missed. King Con lift serves a nice section of blues with good variety, but if it has been warm / cold then can be a bit scratchy over there. From Canyons, I like to start my day on Orange Bubble, ski over to Super Condor and work my way from one edge of the mountain to the other. I also highly recommend lunch on the Canyons side at Tombstone BBQ - right at the base of the Tombstone lift.

Depending on where you end up staying, there are a LOT of restaurant options! I live over near Kimball and cannot recommend Hana Ramen enough. It is NOT fancy, but it is GREAT. We eat there probably 1X per week every single week.
@VTsnowflower ….Bear in mind if you are not an ungroomed skier look at the map on Epic, not PCMR. All those nice blues near King Con were ungroomed. Have fun.

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
Hi. We've just decided to go to Park City at the end of March (Easter weekend.) I'm planning to book a condo in the Park City area. Any advice about best areas (blues and blacks) to ski? Best lifts to start with? Strategies to avoid lines? Current conditions? Restaurants to try? Thanks for anything you can tell

BonStarlet

Certified Ski Diva
@VTsnowflower ….Bear in mind if you are not an ungroomed skier look at the map on Epic, not PCMR. All those nice blues near King Con were ungroomed. Have fun.
yes - definitely. when i was on King Con two weeks ago, about 50% of the runs were groomed. and the groomed runs were a bit slick due to warm days and cold nights.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna