• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

A Unique way of bringing in the New Year!

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
A New Year's tradition for a few folks in our bicycle club is to ride their mtn bikes up Green Mtn to watch the fireworks over Denver.

Last night we joined them but instead of biking we snowshoed up the trail.

The trailhead was across the street from our hosts house so around 11:00 we walked to the parking lot. A Lakewood policeman was in the lot and told us the park was closed but to enjoy ourselves and have a "Happy New Year".

The first part of the climb was steep and icy, apparently the neighborhood kids had been sledding there. I was starting to question the sanity of what we were doing. As we climbed the snow started getting deeper so we stopped and put on our snowshoes.

In the moonlight I could see the climbers ahead of me silhouetted against the white snow and dark sky. I felt like I was climbing Mt Everest!

When we reached the "summit" we toasted 2007 with champagne and the lights of Denver shimmering at our feet.

What a way to bring in the new year!:smile:

Happy New Year!

Kathi

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga