• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

A tiny trip

newboots

Angel Diva
I had to drive to Burlington, VT, for seminars on Monday and Wednesday. I stayed with family in Montpelier, and skied Bolton Valley on Tuesday.

A powder day! It snowed all day! There was fog, snow falling, and ice on my goggles. A fixed grip lift and freezing temps!

I met a nice couple, Paul (expert snowboarder) and Jenny (fifth day EVER skiing). I skied with Jenny, grateful not to be the slowest skier in the group, and helped her work on getting past the snowplow. We lapped a long, enjoyable green trail.

Later we split up and I decided to try a blue trail after I warmed up. Oops! Ungroomed! Moguls! I have never skied moguls before, there was rock showing everywhere, and I was on my new Black Pearls. I fell once and tipped over a couple of times.

It was a lot better than sitting all day in a seminar!

1580361546134.jpg

knolan12

Angel Diva
We might tack on a trip to Bolton during our trip to VT in a couple of weeks. Agree with @marzNC - everyone always has such great things to say an the lift ticket prices look great!

TeleChica

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@newboots my SO and I went to Bolton this weekend with some friends. Like you we had a great time! I've really only skied their XC and BC trails, and HOLY COW what a fun resort! They have a bunch of just lovely glades, and the trails are a lot of fun as well. (There was JUST enough snow for the mellower glades.) Given the high elevation, we had snow all day Sunday, which continued into the week, so you hit it perfectly.

My SO Rider.Steve in a glade off Cobrass. We will be back!

RS_Bolton.jpg

newboots

Angel Diva
@newboots my SO and I went to Bolton this weekend with some friends. Like you we had a great time! I've really only skied their XC and BC trails, and HOLY COW what a fun resort! They have a bunch of just lovely glades, and the trails are a lot of fun as well. (There was JUST enough snow for the mellower glades.) Given the high elevation, we had snow all day Sunday, which continued into the week, so you hit it perfectly.

My SO Rider.Steve in a glade off Cobrass. We will be back!

Great fun, wasn't it?

How do you get your photo to come out straight? I spend 20 minutes re-doing mine, and I got it right-side up on my phone, but here it is sideways again!

:snow:

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
I enjoyed reading your trip report, @newboots, and headed over to Bolton today as a result (and as a matter of convenience). I rarely have had the chance to ski or ride here during the day, and I was grateful for the opportunity. I love how much of the terrain is nestled in trees. It feels so cozy, like a warm hug and a mug of hot cocoa.

Sadly, there was only one negative to my day today - the Vermont Adaptive athlete I was scheduled to coach didn’t show! To make the best of my time, I put some mileage in on my skis, then practiced riding switch on my snowboard. Much falling occurred, but I do think that the engagement of both legs while skiing really helps with activating my non-dominant leg while riding switch.

They were spinning the Wilderness lift today and I jumped on the chance to ride it, since it’s rare that this lift runs. Picture below.
95BD898C-5DC3-4F43-8D91-25E0EAC3C3A1.jpeg

marzNC

Angel Diva
Rode up a lift at Taos today with a couple who brought up their kids at Bolton. They said it was really good for families. These days their son is at UVM and skiing Stowe. They are doing mostly backcountry skiing apparently.

newboots

Angel Diva
@ilovepugs - Isn’t the snow nice? We had lovely surface, and it snowed all day. Not enough to cover the rocks on Cobrass, though. My nemesis.

knolan12

Angel Diva
Bought tickets for BV for the end of February on Liftopia yesterday, $36 and $38!! We couldn't get over those prices.

I usually stick to the greens while my husband can ski anything so we're also excited about all the different trails on the map!

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Bought tickets for BV for the end of February on Liftopia yesterday, $36 and $38!! We couldn't get over those prices.

I usually stick to the greens while my husband can ski anything so we're also excited about all the different trails on the map!

Enjoy!! I spent a fair amount of time skiing (not riding) greens over the last weekend and had a really nice time. Lots of very beautiful terrain will be accessible to you. Don’t miss the Timberline side of the mountain - some great green trails there. Take Snowflake, hang a right, and you’ll be able to make it over to Timberline :smile:

lisamamot

Angel Diva
I grew up in Shelburne and then Richmond VT and spent many a day skiing at Bolton. as well as their locally famous night skiing. We have not been there in soooo long; I need to add a day there the next time I am in the area!

Thanks so much for posting - love seeing the pictures. Sorry your Vermont Adaptive lesson didn't show - that is not a cheap lesson to cough up!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna