• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

A spring challenge for Divas

SnowGlider

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've always wanted to do the following, all in the same day: ski; hike a small mountain; kayak; and bike. Sort of a QUADRATHLON.

In the East that's only possible during the winter/spring or fall/winter overlap. Don't know if this year it will be possible, but I'm keeping my eye out for thawed water near a ski hill.

Anyone ever done anything similar?

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't, but there's a yearly race in NH that does exactly that. The Inferno - you run, you kayak, you hike, and you ski tuckermans (not sure in what order, but the skiing is last, and I *think* the kayaking is first). I guess most people do it in teams, but there are always a handful who do the whole race themselves.

Jilly

Staff member
Got a friend who tries to do something similar. Its ski, sea-doo and bike. If our local bump makes it into April and the ice is out of Lake Ontario, he usually can do it. Haven't tried it myself. Done all in the same month, but not day!

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've done a race before that's lots of fun. There's three parts to the race, but it's always followed up by a non competetive 4th part.

Run (3 miles), swim (4 miles), kayak (3 miles). The race ends at the kayaking finish line, then everyone heads out for a hike together, and there's a picnic and grilling at the forest preserve.

It's lots of fun, and the hike afterwards is open to friends and family as well, so it's a great way to get out there and connect. And for me, it's a great way to do a triathlon since I don't know how to ride a bike :o

As far as doing things in the same day, I've skated, skied, swam, ran, and horseback ridden in the same day. Around here we have lots of seasonal overlap, often 4 seasons in one day!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga