• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

A Junior Diva is born

SuperMoe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So, my 12 yr old DD has been skiing for a few years now. I thought we had put our youngest (now 9) in lessons a few years ago. Turns out, my husband had taken her once (he's not a downhill skier) It ended up, she crashed a few times on the chairlift, lost skis, etc. Totally did not want to ski again.

Fastforward to now, I'm learning, having fun. Hmmmm, she's trying to do 360s on her cross country skis and going down some of the hills backwards on her XC skis.

OK, little chica, time to take you back to the hill...this time, I'm making sure you get a lesson.

We get there, they have a Sunday lesson program, so I sign her up. While we're there, two of her girlfriends show up. They're doing the Tbar together, she's looking pretty good going down the baby green run that we have. Lesson time comes, she gets a nice instructor (Ruth) and they take off. Best part is we got the lift ticket, rental and (private - because no one else signed up) 1.5 hr lesson for $45.:becky: Told the instructor that she already had some decent XC skills, but she needed to teach her how to do lifts, etc.

They both had huge smiles on their faces when they were done. Hmm, a bunch of the blues, one of the blacks, jumps, glade runs. No wonder they were both ear to ear.

Let's go take a few runs together. So, we going down the first run, as we get to the first flat (I'm behind her) she's heading for a jump WTF (that's a Mom for you) I can see she's off balance, falls on the top. I'm trying to stop beside the jump, carrying a bunch of speed and as I'm trying to stop...a stupid 10-year old boarder comes ripping by me...I wipe out trying not to hit him.:yell:

While I'm carrying my skis to the car, she takes one more green run...as I'm coming back, I see her hitting 2 more jumps. What have I unleashed:noidea: I'm seeing twin tips in our future.

Meanwhile, DD1's friend didn't show up. She's pouting on the deck. I did what any good mother would do...asked her to take some runs with me. She declined, so I ignored her and left her there. She did do some runs later on her own and I did get her to do a few with me before we left.

Came home, made pork tenderloin and some soup, along with mac salad for dinner. Yummy. Also had some of those chocolate peppermint cookies that Robyn (I think) had posted a recipe on her blog. MMMMMMMMMM

Can't beat a day like that. Makes you really appreciate all that you have in life.:smile:

Daria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I can remember the early days when my two daughters (now 24 and 19) started skiing. We would take them to ski school kicking and screaming in the morning and then couldn't tear them away in the afternoon. When we did ski with them, they would take us through all kinds of nasty narrow chutes and jumps and we would be totally pissed off. That was almost 20 years ago when skis were alot longer and alot stiffer. Now we search for all of that terrain. Go figure!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ahhhhhh, Family time!
More important..........Chicks on Sticks!!!
:thumbsup:

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Fantastic! I love hearing stories like this and am so glad you tried and enjoyed those cookies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga