• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

$9 Wildcat Mtn NH this Friday

deannatoby

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wildcat Mountain in north NH will have lift tickets for $9 this Friday. That's the good news. The bad news is the weather won't be exactly cooperative. A brief 1-2 day cold spell comes in with highs predicted anywhere from 20's to low 30's. And wind, gusts in the 30 mph range.

But, other than that, lift tickets are $9!

Jcb2ski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
my SO and I were planning to come yet not sure how good the conditions were going to be and whether worth coming or not. What are the conditions like do you know?

deannatoby

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just called Wildcat. They're closed to skiing today but office is open. Their base is still about 50" and they got a couple more inches of snow after the rains. I asked her about the wind level, and she said that if Jackson is supposed to have gusts of 35 mph then the mountain will be getting a lot of wind. When wind reaches the 40's they shut the summit lift down. Naturally, she couldn't make any predictions about Friday. This past Monday they said we would wake up to rain at Gunstock and the conditions were great. No rain till almost 3:00 p.m.! So, let's hope the weather changes.

Also, for those of you interested, Wildcat does an all-season-long special where the second day of skiing is $39. Still holds with $9 ticket on Friday, so you could ski for Saturday for only $39 if you go on Friday. Two days for $48!

I'll call again tomorrow to find out what it's like on the snow. Nobody skiing on it today but tomorrow they'll have some feedback on conditions. Groomers will be out tonight.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga