• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

$799 Season Parking Pass!!

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am not kidding! At Snowbird, for next year!

Is that nuts?

Go here.
I saw that earlier. Wouldn’t be in my budget! It does sort of emphasize how tough traffic and parking is in Little Cottonwood Canyon! I see the Snowbird pass does include bus transportation for free. Not that people like to give up their cars. I actually prefer the bus for either Canyon, now. Someone competent is driving me and I don’t have to park!

elemmac

Angel Diva
I know that Tremblant has a similar parking pass. For 7 days a week, $599 + taxes.
Sunday River offers a similar "preferred" parking pass for $599 too.

Seems like it's becoming pretty normal at a lot of mountains.

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That is the same prive as the least expensive 4 month winter parking pass in Jackson. Still requires a walk or shuttle bus ride. The feont lot is over $1,400!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I know that Tremblant has a similar parking pass. For 7 days a week, $599 + taxes.

That is the same prive as the least expensive 4 month winter parking pass in Jackson. Still requires a walk or shuttle bus ride. The feont lot is over $1,400!

I had no idea!

lisamamot

Angel Diva

Yup, we are on the list at Barker; apparently there are plenty who are willing to pay, because the wait list is estimated to get to us in 20 years..by then we will actually need it!

Oh, and those rows are set aside only Sat/Sun and holidays until 1pm; weekdays and after 1pm are any open spot.

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am not kidding! At Snowbird, for next year!

Is that nuts?

Go here.
Yup. The resorts are catering to the uber-rich. What's next? Pay for restrooms? Reserved runs only for those who can pay hefty tickets? First-class sections of the resort? (At Targhee (some years back) a wonderful untracked section was roped off for cat skiing only: $300 per half day and you had to reserve weeks in advance).

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
I just saw that a season pass for Snowbird is super cheap at $1149 2022-2023! Huh....
Putting together with the parking pass is still so much cheaper than Aspen at just a season pass for $2899....

mustski

Angel Diva
BBMR brought in paid parking (weekends only) after being bought out by Mammoth. A limited number of season parking passes were offered shortly thereafter. I'm not sure if those were a Mammoth addition or brough in after Alterra bought us up. I have quite a few local friends who bit the bullet and they buy one every year. Even on weekdays, they are guaranteed close parking and can arrive when they want instead of at the crack of dawn.

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@mustski even the pass thatvis over 1500 dollars does nothing to guarantee a spot! The system you speak of makes sense.

Chuyi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Snowbird shrank their free parking, to get a free spot got to get there by 8A on weekends. The pass is for preferred parking. Solitude does not have free parking (few free spots on the road).
Alta charges $25 on weekend for non Alta pass holders. These parking fees are designed 2 push people 2 take bus & prevent congestion in the canyons.
Also rental cars don't have snow tires + drivers who don't know how 2 drive in snow, block canyons when they slide off.
Park&Drive lots r underdeveloped & at least 1 lot is the target of breakin, stolen cars& stolen catalytic converters.

altagirl

Staff member
Yup. The resorts are catering to the uber-rich. What's next? Pay for restrooms? Reserved runs only for those who can pay hefty tickets? First-class sections of the resort? (At Targhee (some years back) a wonderful untracked section was roped off for cat skiing only: $300 per half day and you had to reserve weeks in advance).
I mean - I like the parking reservation system and wish they'd do that for the whole canyon.

They do need to do something to get people onto the busses but I don't know that this helps - it just causes more traffic jams of people searching for free spots. I'm shocked that they allow all the side of the road parking that they do. It seems very dangerous.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga