• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

24" of Freshies, 20" more on the way!!!

skigrl27

Ski Diva Extraordinaire<br>Legal & Environmental A
Well I made my travels to & from Denver on Saturday...came home to a winter wonderland of powdery goodness.

I think the 24" (what they're reporting at Snowmass) is a little low. I was in more snow than that yesterday and it continued to dump ALL night long....still goin' strong this morning. Weather is calling for another 20" today....with another front coming thru Tuesday afternoon.

YAY!!!!:ski2:
:clap:
:ski2::snow: :snow: :snow:

tradygirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I feel ya, sister. We're finally in the flow this year and the storms keep piling up! I don't think I've ever been this sore from skiing. Back-to-back, bell-to-bell powder days. Thank god I had to go to work today so I could recover. :eyebrows:

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Eisenhower tunnel is closed right now for a snow slide. Traffic is being rerouted over Loveland Pass. The drive over Berthoud, to Winter Park, and is dicey and more snow is coming!

skigirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's not FAIR!!! I am sitting here and it is 50 degrees out and still going up!!! There is no snow left in my yard and I am sick of skiing in spring conditions in January!!! :Cry: :hurt: :Cry: :mad:

On a Good Note Keep all that snow because I will be there in 3 weeks!!!!: :snow: :yahoo: :thumbsup: :clap:

skigrl27

Sorry the totals were a bit off....it was 27" with more on the way. (sorry East coasters)

Travels are certainly tricky on I-70. Wolf Creek & Silverton are basically in emergency mode with nobody coming in or out due to avalanche concerns.

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Glad you made the drive safely. Is your best friend still there/do you have to drive back again soon?

Enjoy the freshies, and take a few runs for us Midwesterners and Easterners.

skigrl27

We had safe travels. My friend got very sick from altitude when we went to Highlands on Sunday, I felt pretty bad for her. She's better today.

I'm traveling back on Friday afternoon for a girl's weekend in Denver & Boulder, then I'll drive back on Sunday. I am SO sad to miss the full weekend of skiing, but I'll make up for it on the vacation days I took this week.

Snow update - ummm, it's finally NOT snowing. Just overcast. They said another foot possibly, but it would have to start soon for that to happen.

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We had a couple of 50 degree days here in Denver but right now it's coming down like crazy here. The weatherman said it will snow for the next 5-6 hrs then quit.

I thought the predictions said that it was going to be a dryer than normal year but snowpacks across the state are above 100%. If this is dryer than normal I'd hate to see what normal is like! :laugh:

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I am so jealous of your snow! We've been spoiled here in the east, I guess. After a terrific December, we're in the midst of a January thaw. Skied today in spring-like conditions, which here means plenty of bare rock and sticky, mashed-potato snow. Why we have bare rock after FEET of snow is beyond me! Hope it turns back into winter soon.

Enjoy the powder for us!

Shellski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
O..M..G..!! This is awesome, I just hope it keeps up for when we get there. I spoke to my stepsister who lives in Edwards this morning, they had an epic weekend at Vail and Beaver, she was almost incoherent with trying to describe how amazing it was.

skigrl - glad to hear you made it there and back safely.

:snow: :snow: :snow: :snow: :snow: :snow: :snow: :snow:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga