• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

2023-24 Colorado resorts, conditions, and meetups

Amie H

Angel Diva
Considering current Northern Colorado conditions, through Tuesday:

I'm unsure of what skis to take to Beaver Creek (and maybe Vail) because after Sunday in deep loose granular, I realize that choosing the right ski can make your day a little easier out there.

If I understand the weather reports correctly, an inch or so by/on Saturday? Then maybe more snow during my stay?

The hardest part of most ski trips for me is packing!

marzNC

Angel Diva
I'm unsure of what skis to take to Beaver Creek (and maybe Vail) because after Sunday in deep loose granular, I realize that choosing the right ski can make your day a little easier out there.
I skied a day at Beaver Creek on Dec. 17. There hasn't been new snow since then. Take skis that are good on manmade groomed snow. There will be fresh snowmaking and perhaps a little natural snow, but that's likely to get skied off on popular runs by the afternoon.

Amie H

Angel Diva
I skied a day at Beaver Creek on Dec. 17. There hasn't been new snow since then. Take skis that are good on manmade groomed snow. There will be fresh snowmaking and perhaps a little natural snow, but that's likely to get skied off on popular runs by the afternoon.
I have no problem with man-made groomed snow. But i'm more concerned about freeze thaw cycle - groomed ice, essentially

marzNC

Angel Diva
I have no problem with man-made groomed snow. But i'm more concerned about freeze thaw cycle - groomed ice, essentially
Are you going next week? The OpenSnow temperature forecasts for Beaver Creek are all in single digits overnight and nothing higher than 20 for daytime temps.

Amie H

Angel Diva
Are you going next week? The OpenSnow temperature forecasts for Beaver Creek are all in single digits overnight and nothing higher than 20 for daytime temps.
I arrive Saturday at noon. I DID pack all my warmest gear, and toe warmers, so at least I have that angle covered!

Amie H

Angel Diva
RE: Beaver Creek:

I called my hotel. No skiing access even by hiking to the chair, bc the route has been closed by ski patrol. :frown:Verified that even though it's snowing now, many icy spots. I'll have to request a village shuttle with the app or hopefully, they will schedule regular service to Centennial lodge from hotel with the hotel's SUV.

Peak Rankings just posted a video on their YouTube claiming that Vail has had ok snow cover. That may cement my choice to take a town bus there maybe Monday or Tuesday.

Well, this will be an adventure. No I can't cancel bc I re-read my terms on my lodging. "No snow" isn't one of the criteria for the insurance to kick in! :wink:

MissySki

Angel Diva
RE: Beaver Creek:

I called my hotel. No access even by hiking to the chair, bc the route has been closed by ski patrol. Verified that even though it's snowing now, many icy spots. I'll have to request a shuttle with the app or hopefully, they will schedule regular service to Centennial lodge from hotel with the hotel's SUV.

Peak Rankings just posted a video on their YouTube claiming that Vail has had ok snow cover. That may cement my choice to take a town bus there maybe Monday or Tuesday.

Well, this will be an adventure. No I can't cancel bc I re-read my terms on my lodging. "No snow" isn't one of the criteria for the insurance to kick in! :wink:
Bummer, we were so lucky last season at this time with such fabulous conditions and ski in/out already available. Assuming you are staying where we did last year?

Amie H

Angel Diva
Bummer, we were so lucky last season at this time with such fabulous conditions and ski in/out already available. Assuming you are staying where we did last year?
Yep, Pines again.

I'm hoping that the upside is that some guests cancel so at least I can have the hot tub all to myself, lol.

The good news is McCoy Park just opened recently so I'll noodle around in there. Elkhorn area (the blue mogul area I wanted to try again) is totally closed.

I'll make the best of it. Worse was an early season trip to Tahoe in 21. Loads of snow in Nov, then very end of Nov, it all melted! Everything was closed. So I just did more sightseeing & hiking.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Yep, Pines again.

I'm hoping that the upside is that some guests cancel so at least I can have the hot tub all to myself, lol.

The good news is McCoy Park just opened recently so I'll noodle around in there. Elkhorn area (the blue mogul area I wanted to try again) is totally closed.

I'll make the best of it. Worse was an early season trip to Tahoe in 21. Loads of snow in Nov, then very end of Nov, it all melted! Everything was closed. So I just did more sightseeing & hiking.
The app for the shuttle was great, we used it a bunch for non ski related stuff last year. So I’m sure that will be good still. Hot tub to yourself would be amazing, fingers crossed! I’m sure you’ll have a great time regardless, such a fun place all around. Loved the village and shops there, I look forward to going again at some point. Maybe you’ll get some snow while there. :goodluck:

marzNC

Angel Diva
Vail was in much better shape than BC when I was there mid-Dec. Being at a higher elevation helped. There were far more options of where to go, so it was easier to find groomers that weren't skied off by the afternoon.

Have fun!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Turned out opposite on my visit. So much exposed grass/gravel at Vail. BC was actually quite good. Hardpack 1st day but some fresh the next day. I had a great time!
Hmm, perhaps more people went to Vail in the last few weeks than BC.

In any case, glad you had a great time.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga