• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

2021 Black Crows Camox Birdie

rbkvail

Certified Ski Diva
Hi! I’m interested in this ski but unsure of length. I am 5’5, 120lbs. I ski Colorado. No park experience. Advanced skier and I enjoy bumps and off piste in the back bowls. I currently ski K2 Alluvit 88 and K2 Mindbender 106c for powder. I want the Camox because I want something more playful and maneuverable for the bumps. Wondering what length you recommend? I think options are 156,162,168 and 174?Thanks!

Last edited:

newboots

Angel Diva
I don’t have an answer, but I’m guessing those in the know might ask the lengths of your current skis. But, good question, and you came to the right place to ask it!

:welcome:

rbkvail

Certified Ski Diva
I don’t have an answer, but I’m guessing those in the know might ask the lengths of your current skis. But, good question, and you came to the right place to ask it!

:welcome:
Thank you! Good question, my 88s are 156 and my 106c are 159

lisamamot

Angel Diva
I vote for the 168. I am 5'9"/140s and demoed the 174 in the earlier version, before they lightened it up, and it was spot on.

@MissySki has very similar stats to you and can likely voice in here. She has the earlier version and I am quite certain she has the 168.

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have earlier version it is 165.2? I will be demoing the 168. 5’4” 130 at this point in time lol
but I think if @rbkvail could demo the 162 and 168 it would be helpful, the 162 would be similar to her other skis and maybe better if using for bumps?

rbkvail

Certified Ski Diva
I have earlier version it is 165.2? I will be demoing the 168. 5’4” 130 at this point in time lol
but I think if @rbkvail could demo the 162 and 168 it would be helpful, the 162 would be similar to her other skis and maybe better if using for bumps?
That is what I’m thinking...162 since I don’t have experience with longer skis. I’ll demo them this week and will let you know. I’m excited!

MissySki

Angel Diva

I’m about the same, 5’4” and 125 at the moment, and my 2019 Camox Birdie is the 165.2 as well.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Thanks! You like them?

I do, they are a really fun ski! My daily driver is the Blizzard Sheeva 9 though, and I find them exceptionally fun and playful in the bumps. Not to give you extra to think about haha, but if you get to demo I’d add those to the list for comparison sake if you are so inclined. I haven’t gotten to try the new Camox Birdie though so can’t give a good comparison to the most recent model. Looking forward to hearing how the demo goes!

rbkvail

Certified Ski Diva
Thank you! I will report :smile:

lisamamot

Angel Diva
I’m about the same, 5’4” and 125 at the moment, and my 2019 Camox Birdie is the 165.2 as well.
Thanks for the correction. It seems when you research the older model they are often showing the top sheet of the old model, but length stats for the new. I swore the one I demoed was closer to 171 not 174, but I am struggling to confirm!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I'm curious about the difference between the newer camox birdies and the older version .....

rbkvail

Certified Ski Diva
OK- I tried the 162. LOVED them...we didn't have any powder. In fact everything was pretty hard packed but I liked how stable they were on the hard packed and also, how eager they were to pivot and nicely complete turns. I couldn't try them on the bumps today but will try tomorrow. Can't find the 168 but may get these 162 :smile:. Thank you all for your input.

MissySki

Angel Diva
OK- I tried the 162. LOVED them...we didn't have any powder. In fact everything was pretty hard packed but I liked how stable they were on the hard packed and also, how eager they were to pivot and nicely complete turns. I couldn't try them on the bumps today but will try tomorrow. Can't find the 168 but may get these 162 :smile:. Thank you all for your input.

Wonderful! Sounds like a successful demo!

marzNC

Angel Diva
I'm curious about the difference between the newer camox birdies and the older version .....
Never tried the previous version of the Camox Birdie, 97mm. I liked the 156cm that I checked out for a couple groomers runs at JH during early season. I assume they were the 2021 version. We're about the same size.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Never tried the previous version of the Camox Birdie, 97mm. I liked the 156cm that I checked out for a couple groomers runs at JH during early season. I assume they were the 2021 version. We're about the same size.
The 156 is actually 96 underfoot (or mine is from 2017-2018)...... think they took some of the stiffness out of the 2020 and 2021 models. Very fun ski !

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga