• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

2016 K2 Luv Boat

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
k2-luv-boat-108-skis-women-s-2016-163.jpg

K2 has been innovative with their women’s skis since the inception of the Luv line over 10 years ago, and they continue to excel with the all-new 2016 Luvs.
Today we’re talking about the Luv Boat, a ski you’ll be happy to have when you get that 2 feet of powder you’ve been waiting for. The Channel Light Core will give you the lightness you want when you’re playing in the trees, while Bioflex maintains the strength and stability you need when you’re charging the steeps and bowls.
This ski will float your boat!
Who is it for? Women looking for a fun powder play toy.
Who is it not for? Groomer Cruisers
Insider tip: The Luv Boat skis a little long. For more playfulness (maybe), try one size down.

Last edited:
Likely too wide for me in the northeast and I've never demoed anything by K2 before so if I get the chance on a powder day I'd take it for a spin. I've not seen K2s where I normally ski but I'll keep an eye out. Great review, thank you.

@surfsnowgirl K2 has a really nice line up this year. Worth looking at no matter what width you're looking for. They have a really nice width with the Ooohlaluv.

I will definitely check out their lineup. I normally ski at my local small hill in western Mass and then a few places in Vermont or New Hampshire and haven't run into these yet. I also haven't gone out of my way to find them either mind you. I have the Ooohlaluv on my demo list for this year. What would you recommend in the <80 underfoot or <90 underfoot range. I have never been on a K2 ski so looking to change that.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I will definitely check out their lineup. I normally ski at my local small hill in western Mass and then a few places in Vermont or New Hampshire and haven't run into these yet. I also haven't gone out of my way to find them either mind you. I have the Ooohlaluv on my demo list for this year. What would you recommend in the <80 underfoot or <90 underfoot range. I have never been on a K2 ski so looking to change that.
For a daily driver? I would suggest something between 80-90mm under foot, but that depends on the construction of the ski.
The Luv line from K2 is inspired by their slogan Serious Fun. K2's goal is to make skis that everyone can enjoy, for ease of use as well as charge hard when you want to attack some challenging terrain.

For a daily driver? I would suggest something between 80-90mm under foot, but that depends on the construction of the ski.
The Luv line from K2 is inspired by their slogan Serious Fun. K2's goal is to make skis that everyone can enjoy, for ease of use as well as charge hard when you want to attack some challenging terrain.

I don't really have a daily driver per say since I have a mini quiver. I guess my daily driver would depend on the conditions on that day. My current front size ski at 80 underfoot is a Blizzard Magnum 8.0ti. I ski on ice/hard pack the brunt of the time and weight a good bit so like a stiff ski with metal. I did like the looks of the oohlaluve at 85 underfoot as it had titanium in it, same sorta area as my 87 underfoot kenja. I will have to check out their narrower lineup for a front side comparable.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
k2-luv-boat-108-skis-women-s-2016-163.jpg

K2 has been innovative with their women’s skis since the inception of the Luv line over 10 years ago, and they continue to excel with the all-new 2016 Luvs.
Today we’re talking about the Luv Boat, a ski you’ll be happy to have when you get that 2 feet of powder you’ve been waiting for. The Channel Light Core will give you the lightness you want when you’re playing in the trees, while Bioflex maintains the strength and stability you need when you’re charging the steeps and bowls.
This ski will float your boat!
Who is it for? Women looking for a fun powder play toy.
Who is it not for? Groomer Cruisers
Insider tip: The Luv Boat skis a little long. For more playfulness (maybe), try one size down.
Nice review.. May try them out while @ Northstar.....if a good season!

Skisailor

Angel Diva
I recently spent an afternoon demoing the Ooo La Luv and I was very impressed. I used to be a K2 girl but haven't been on K2s for a long time. Demoed one of their Potion skis last year and hated it! Felt like a dead slug to me. I'm not surprised that the Potion series is already gone. So I approached the Ooo La Luv with some skepticism.

What a pleasant surprise!

Bend the flat in the shop and you'll see it has an incredibly even flex pattern.

This ski was fun and confidence inspiring. Held a great edge, was stable at speed, had easy turn initiation and some pop at the tail end. It was very maneuverable and easy to pivot. I really enjoyed every moment on it.

I was in the market for a narrower ski though, so I bought the Luv Sick. Same exact construction but 5 mm narrower at tip, waist and tail. Can't wait for them to arrive !!

K2 is back!!

Divegirl

Angel Diva
I seem to be an outlier here. I demoed the new K2s last March - Oolaluv, Luv Sick and Beluved and did not like any of them - I didn't feel comfortable on them, never seemed to get in sync w/ them - too light I think. I took them down my favorite narrow twisty trail and they didn't hug the curves they way I wanted, I felt like they were sliding out from under me. I did like Potions better as I could really dig them into the curves and hold them there. The Potion 74Xti put a huge smile on my face.

Southern NE skiers - Wachusett usually has a K2 demo day in March w/ the K2 Alliance. Women only all day (9 am to 3 pm) clinic and demo. You get to ski w/ the K2 reps and they evaluate you - lot of fun. The clinic is free but can be expensive as I found out. Went 2x and both times ended up w/ K2 skis - Superstitious and the Potion 74.

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
I recently spent an afternoon demoing the Ooo La Luv and I was very impressed. I used to be a K2 girl but haven't been on K2s for a long time. Demoed one of their Potion skis last year and hated it! Felt like a dead slug to me. I'm not surprised that the Potion series is already gone. So I approached the Ooo La Luv with some skepticism.

What a pleasant surprise!

Bend the flat in the shop and you'll see it has an incredibly even flex pattern.

This ski was fun and confidence inspiring. Held a great edge, was stable at speed, had easy turn initiation and some pop at the tail end. It was very maneuverable and easy to pivot. I really enjoyed every moment on it.

I was in the market for a narrower ski though, so I bought the Luv Sick. Same exact construction but 5 mm narrower at tip, waist and tail. Can't wait for them to arrive !!

K2 is back!!
Skisailor,
How are you liking these skis? Glad to hear you are a K2 girl again! You've come full circle! Is this your Level II exam ski? (I think this year's K2 Luv line is really nice and overlooked by divas).

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
@surfsnowgirl : Southern NE skiers - Wachusett usually has a K2 demo day in March w/ the K2 Alliance. Women only all day (9 am to 3 pm) clinic and demo. You get to ski w/ the K2 reps and they evaluate you - lot of fun. The clinic is free but can be expensive as I found out. Went 2x and both times ended up w/ K2 skis - Superstitious and the Potion 74.

Thanks. I will try to find out when this is. Although my vacation days are pretty much accounted for this year and Id feel guilty taking yet another sick day to go skiing. I want to do this though, maybe next year..... It sounds great and it would be a great introduction to K2 skis.

Skisailor

Angel Diva
Skisailor,
How are you liking these skis? Glad to hear you are a K2 girl again! You've come full circle! Is this your Level II exam ski? (I think this year's K2 Luv line is really nice and overlooked by divas).

I'm loving my LuvSicks! 80mm underfoot. Taking them everywhere on the mountain now - including off the peak. Deep snow or crud is the only reason I get off them. :smile::smile:

Ursula recently demoed the LuvMachine at 74 mm and loved them!! Great zippy carver which also cut thru loose snow well.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Going to Tahoe tomorrow for 5-6 days.. Big storm coming in... thinking I might like to try k2 LuvBoat....saw them in the ski shop @ northstar.

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
Going to Tahoe tomorrow for 5-6 days.. Big storm coming in... thinking I might like to try k2 LuvBoat....saw them in the ski shop @ northstar.
:jealous:

Count me among the K2 luvers! Two of my four paid are K2; The other 2 are high end Atomics.

The Luv Boat sounds like what I've been thinking about to add to my quiver. :wink:

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
I got to take some K2 Fulluvit 98ti's out for a few runs last Monday, and they were a super smooth, playful, fun, and easy ski. I wouldn't want them on hard pack, but for soft snow, they were an effortless confidence-builder in off-piste skiing.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga