• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

2015 Cycle Stoke Thread

We survived today. OMG it was fun. I was excited and terrified at the same time. Working with riding with each foot forward so each is comfortable. Still more comfortable with my right foot forward. By the second run I was riding standing up much of the time. Decent beginner trail. A couple scary parts (for me) but I did it. This was the most fun I have had outside of being on skis. I think I have found a new summer hobby. DH had a blast too. We had a great instructor Allan who was so patient, nice and encouraging. Plus every time we pulled over to rest people that passed up were so encouraging.

My bum (sit bone) is sore and OMG was I tired. Just woke up from a nap.

This thread has been so inspiring.

I can't wait to do this again. I Love skiing but now have something to look forward to come June.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We survived today. OMG it was fun. I was excited and terrified at the same time. Working with riding with each foot forward so each is comfortable. Still more comfortable with my right foot forward. By the second run I was riding standing up much of the time. Decent beginner trail. A couple scary parts (for me) but I did it. This was the most fun I have had outside of being on skis. I think I have found a new summer hobby. DH had a blast too. We had a great instructor Allan who was so patient, nice and encouraging. Plus every time we pulled over to rest people that passed up were so encouraging.

My bum (sit bone) is sore and OMG was I tired. Just woke up from a nap.

This thread has been so inspiring.

I can't wait to do this again. I Love skiing but now have something to look forward to come June.
Yes, it is such a blast! So glad you had fun! So many parallels to skiing, really. Challenging both mentally and physically, and gives you things to work toward!

Ringrat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm going to break into the mountain biking chat to say "woo! I managed a big ride!"

My previous longest ride was 74 km with @geargrrl a few years ago, so this was a big jump in distance. I've also had a mystery foot injury for 5 months, so I haven't been active at all this summer and some days I was more than done on the bike by 20 km from pain.

I was pretty stoked to complete the distance and feel ok at the end (just really tired!), but way more excited that my foot hadn't really bothered me the whole time. Breaking into three-digit distances makes some other rides seem way more possible!

IMG_20150912_162758.JPG

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That's really awesome! And I can totally relate to "X" not hurting during or after a big ride! Makes it that much more exciting for sure :D

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@Ringrat - has your foot generally been better lately? Was it just a time thing, or have you been working on it?

geargrrl

Angel Diva
I had a beautiful fire road climb yesterday, 11 miles. It had just finished raining. The light was very golden and filtered. The dirt was giving off mist and there were banks of mist rolling along the tops of the cedars. The guys were in front of me and it was incredible beautiful.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sounds mystical and wonderful. I love fall riding in general! Heading up to 8500 feet and the Brim trail here shortly. Will take pics!

geargrrl

Angel Diva
I had a beautiful fire road climb yesterday, 11 miles. It had just finished raining. The light was very golden and filtered. The dirt was giving off mist and there were banks of mist rolling along the tops of the cedars. The guys were in front of me and it was incredible beautiful.

This was only 9 miles, the last part of a 20 mile ride that was all singletrack with that culminated in a 5 miles descent... hence the forest road climb back out to the rig. We had rain, hail, wind, sun, rainbow, partial meltdown by yours truly, slippery trails....everything but the usual bear sighting that we usually have in this area.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am so jealous of you guys and all the fall ride photos I see in my facebook feed! I'm not allowed to ride anything that only has two wheels - no mountain bike, no road bike, not even my motorcycle. ARRRGHH. And I don't think bursitis is something that can be rushed. I can do PT, but it's more palliative than anything.

Anyway, enjoy!

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I know, Bounce, I've been thinking about you. I'm sorry :( And I know how it feels, too. Sucks!

Ringrat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@Ringrat - has your foot generally been better lately? Was it just a time thing, or have you been working on it?

No, not much improvement. Some days are better than others, but the past week and a half or so have been worse. No diagnosis, CT scan was normal. Appointment with the orthopedic surgeon on Wed, still waiting for MRI. The physio's been working on some things, but no smoking gun, just theories. And working on them doesn't seem to help, at least not in the 4-5 months we've been working on them. I'm in denial and scared to try ski boots. Skates go on in a couple weeks, that'll be an experiment. Thanks for asking, though! *hugs* back to you too!

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I know, Bounce, I've been thinking about you. I'm sorry :( And I know how it feels, too. Sucks!

Ah, well. It's "good" timing - with the new job, I can just immerse myself in that and then laze about and decompress over the weekend. I just gotta be good for ski season! I hope this won't have unforeseen consequences in terms of skiing dynamics.

No, not much improvement. Some days are better than others, but the past week and a half or so have been worse. No diagnosis, CT scan was normal. Appointment with the orthopedic surgeon on Wed, still waiting for MRI. The physio's been working on some things, but no smoking gun, just theories. And working on them doesn't seem to help, at least not in the 4-5 months we've been working on them. I'm in denial and scared to try ski boots. Skates go on in a couple weeks, that'll be an experiment. Thanks for asking, though! *hugs* back to you too!

I'm sorry to hear (read) that. Fingers crossed that the MRI gives you some answers.

Hope you are back in the saddle again soon enough Bounceswoosh. Glad you have your job to keep you busy.

I want to downhill mountain bike a few more times before I get my own stuff due to the expense involved. The guys at the bike shop suggested a website called Pink Bike.com. They said its a buy/sell/trade site just for bikes. Is anyone familiar with this? Might at least pick up knee/elbow pads.

altagirl

Staff member
Hope you are back in the saddle again soon enough Bounceswoosh. Glad you have your job to keep you busy.

I want to downhill mountain bike a few more times before I get my own stuff due to the expense involved. The guys at the bike shop suggested a website called Pink Bike.com. They said its a buy/sell/trade site just for bikes. Is anyone familiar with this? Might at least pick up knee/elbow pads.

I'm familiar with Pinkbike, but haven't really bought/sold anything on there. I always feel like the majority of the ads are from Canada and shipping wouldn't make any sense.

What size do you need for armor? I may have some extra stuff lying around.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
What size do you need for armor? I may have some extra stuff lying around.

I've not bought anything off of pinkbike.com , but I also have extra armor I don't use.

I am embarrassed to admit I don't know what size armor I had. I do remember I had a Large helmet (I have a big head) but not sure about the knee or elbow pads?

altagirl

Staff member
I am embarrassed to admit I don't know what size armor I had. I do remember I had a Large helmet (I have a big head) but not sure about the knee or elbow pads?

Most companies have decent size charts so you can measure biceps/thighs/etc. and figure out what fits. It does vary brand to brand, especially if they have women's specific gear. I can't even fit in Large Womens Race Face arms - they're too small for my arms. Which I guess is good that they make small sizes, because I can just wear unisex arm guards and women with very thin arms actually have something available that doesn't fall right off....

Ok, thanks. My elbows and forearms are small but my legs are bigger so I guess I'll need to try some on. I'll be back up at Mount Snow in 2 weeks for my boot fitting so I think I'll go into the bike shop and find out what sizes they had on me last weekend. That'll be good place to start I think. I do want to invest in a decent pair of bike shorts so I have a little cush for my tush :smile:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga