• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

14-20" at Sugarloaf

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Elevation matters! After an extremely difficult day for weather in this part of the world yesterday, I noted on streaming radar that the heavy rains appeared to have missed Sugarloaf. From their website:
https://www.sugarloaf.com/TheMountain/DailyReport/index.html
7:00am

What an exciting day yesterday! Sugarloaf got a regular old early season blizzard! Groomers say we received over 20 inches at the top of the mountain and 14 inches at the base! You know what that means, we have some AWESOME early season skiing. Though it may have been raining where you were, it was all snow and powder at the top of the SuperQuad!

Hoping that Saddleback fared similarly, their base elevation is even higher (but they are not yet open -- soon, I hope!).

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh, if only our ski trip was THIS weekend! Here's to hoping the conditions stay good for a bit!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Oh, if only our ski trip was THIS weekend! Here's to hoping the conditions stay good for a bit!
Looks good.
Looks real good.
Forecast remains cold, some snow in forecast (not huge), snowmaking will go full-on. Actually, the extra week should be beneficial in terms of # of runs open. Keep watching the website for updates -- it also has a new "community" - forum, etc., for the "inside story."

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
p.s. Summit totals actually came in at 24" -
It was super-wet, heavy stuff, though, and it couldn't get tilled up and groomed until some water had drained out of it. So I heard that on Wednesday, after it had set up and frozen, things were wicked-bad. Your timing is still good - better than during the actual storm. Trust me - I skied in the storm. It was.......wet...

SkiBam

Angel Diva
Wow! Please keep me posted about Sugarloaf conditions. I plan to be there Dec. 14 - 19. Will any Divas be skiing there then?

We've had a lot of snow this week up here in the Laurentians so winter is off to a great start!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Wow! Please keep me posted about Sugarloaf conditions. I plan to be there Dec. 14 - 19. Will any Divas be skiing there then?
Lots of light snow, some accumulating, major snowmaking - as of Friday, Narrow Gauge getting serious snowmaking. Typically for Loaf---WINDY. Be advised. Clouds hanging over summit both yesterday and today. Good conditions in a.m., tends to get skied off in run centers by aft, always good snow at edges and nice bumplets form in center. But do sharpen your edges.

December 16, 17, or 18 strong possibilities for me to get there. Let's start a "meet" thread in the private section (you need a few more posts to do so, not sure of minimum) so we can plan something :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga