• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

08/09 Skis

LilaBear

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Disappointed to see the graphics on the J.O. - so teenage male!

But the womens' skis look good, like the mountains on the Great One, looking forward to demo'ing that and the Wild One!

These sound good .............. just need snow .........:snow:

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
Seems like Volkl's really been changing it up the past few seasons, with the tigershark/powerswtich skis last year replacing the 5 stars, which everyone seemed to love, and now the new wider skis this season -- the AC 50's, the Grizzly -- those are new, right?

Anyways, I love the pdf's Volkl does.

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hmm...No specs on the 08-09 Nordica Olympia Helldiver. Is it the women's version of the Hot Rod Helldiver (~90mm underfoot)? So, maybe a little fatter than the Conquer? Softer? I can't tell.

Ooh! I found the ski that I need to demo! The new Volkl Aurora!! Hm. Wendy, what did you think of it?

Jilly

Staff member
That Nordica site is just an overview, more like a teaser eh?? No spec's just pictures to drool over.

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That Nordica site is just an overview, more like a teaser eh?? No spec's just pictures to drool over.

Yeah, it's evil.

Lol - so I just checked my PMs. Apparently two people sent messages to me at the end of last season telling me to try the Auroras!

I think Ski Diva tested this ski on the soggy demo day at Stratton and posted a review on this forum. I couldn't find it with a quick search but I think she liked it!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Hmm...No specs on the 08-09 Nordica Olympia Helldiver. Is it the women's version of the Hot Rod Helldiver (~90mm underfoot)? So, maybe a little fatter than the Conquer? Softer? I can't tell.

Ooh! I found the ski that I need to demo! The new Volkl Aurora!! Hm. Wendy, what did you think of it?

Whoops. Sorry, I missed this earlier.

This is an absolutely fabulous ski. I loved it. Go here for my review.

Jilly

Staff member
As of today, Nordica does have their new site up and running. If you go in from the main page, you can pick your country, for our diva's not in the US of A.

outdoor divas

Certified Ski Diva
Yeah-bummer about those HEAD graphics---check out G3's graphics they are great this year .....it was snowing on Berthoud Pass (CO) this morning, makes me want to start earning some turns!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yeah-bummer about those HEAD graphics---check out G3's graphics they are great this year .....it was snowing on Berthoud Pass (CO) this morning, makes me want to start earning some turns!
Welcome!
Love the info on your site.
Anything spectacular coming on the horizon for the average ski diva?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna