• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

'07-'08 Demo Day Dates

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
With the new season come new demo dates. Post 'em if you know 'em.

Here are a few:

Sunday River (ME): 11/24-11/25
Winter Park (CO): 11/24
Waterville Valley (NH): 12/16
Okemo (VT): 12/16
Gore (NY): 1/6

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
More:

Loveland Ski Area (Co): 12/5
Butternut (MA): 12/28
Wildcat (NH): 12/30-31

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
And a few others:

Seven Springs (PA): 12/15
Mt. Hood: 12/15-16
Camelback (PA): 1/11
Loon Mt. (NH): 12/15

Lori_K

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
For you skiers in the Northeast, also check out Ski Magazine's Demo centers located at Bristol Mt, NY, Stowe, and Smuggler's Notch.

https://www.skidemocenter.com/

The demo centers are open just about every day, and they have a pretty good selection-- most of the stuff that's reviewed in the Magazine is available for demo. We demo'd a couple times at Bristol when we lived out in NY.

Also, many of the larger ski areas will have "performance" or "high performance" skis available at the rental shop. These will be new and/or recent model skis, for all skill levels. If you ask, you can probably stop in and swap skis a couple times during the day. We've done this locally (Taos) and also I demo'd a pair of Pocket Rockets at Jay Peak a few years ago.

P.S.-- the ski magazine demo center will sell all of their skis toward the end of the season-- so keep your eyes open if you find something you like!

Calgal

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hey if anyone has any idea of some demo days up in Canada, please let us know ..... I will try to find some info and post it.
I had to pay big $$ one day to demo some high performance skis. Then I went and bought the Vision 73's without demoing them !!

Quiver Queen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Any way of knowing which brands will be represented at each of the demo days?

Jilly

Staff member
Tremblant demo days - Dec 15 and 15th. (I know Calgal, that doesn't help you out west!!)

tcarey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
QQ-usually all of the brands are there at a demo day-Volkl,Dynastar,K2,Elan,Rossi,Nordica,Salomon,and some I am sure I forgot!

T

The only thing that may deter the companies is lack of snow! Too many people taking skis out that they do not care about!!

sibhusky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
According to one of the guys in the shop downtown, the Whitefish demo day will be 12/15 and 16. Normally, there are three ski shops plus factory reps at the demo days, so most normal brands will be represented.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
For anyone in eastern PA, Buckman's Ski Shop is having a number of demo dates and customer appreciation days:

12/30/07. Sno w/ demo 49.00
1/7/08. Jack Frost w/ demo 20.00
1/18/08. Elk w/ demo 20.00*
1/25/08. Camelback 23.00
1/28/08. Blue 18.00
2/4/08. Sno 15.00
2/1/08 Elk 20.00*
2/11/08 Jack Frost 20.00
2/15/08 Bear Creak 18.00
2/25/08 Blue 18.00

You have to get tickets ahead of time at Buckman's.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Sugarloaf's demo days will be Dec 8-9 this year. Hope to get there - it's always busy for this event. If I do attend, I will report back on whether the demos available adequately represented WOMEN.

haylmom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Are there many demo days in the new year...or are most of them beginning of the season only (nov-dec)?

Bravosarah

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Tues Jan 4th, Elan will be demoing at Dagmar. East of Toronto.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga