• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

New John Irving Novel "The Last Chairlift"

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
I would like to read this as well.

I will check with my library in November.

Please provide a review if you read it.

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
Simon and Schuster pushed this ad to me yesterday. It looks like it comes out on October 18!
Haven't read anything by Irving since The Cider House Rules, but judging from that and Garp, this could be a pretty wild ride!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
In my experience, John Irving can be very, very good, -- or very, very bad. One of my all time favorite books is "A Prayer for Owen Meany." (If you haven't read it, you should.)

I'll definitely give "The Last Chairlift" a try.

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
In my experience, John Irving can be very, very good, -- or very, very bad.
I'm remembering the very very bad one I most recently tried to read.

I'll consider giving this one a try. Library, not purchase, since I'm not sure how it will go.

Bookworm

Angel Diva
Not sure - I'll ask, but I bet it needed editing. Like Ski Diva said, sometimes he's brilliant and sometimes awful. PRAYER FOR OWEN MEANIE is one of my all time favorites as well

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just read some of the reviews. They are mixed.
And it's over 900 pages. Not sure I'm up for that.
I've put my request in at the library.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna