• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Vaccines and Ski Plans

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Not sure if this is the right thread for it, but Governor Scott announced today that those who have received the second shot of vaccine can come to Vermont without quarantining as long as they wait two weeks after the second dose. Similar measures apply for returning Vermonters.

I’m kinda wondering if this means that if I quarantine after I come back from a trip out of state (say to Sunday River), Dr Pugs, who is vaccinated, would be in compliance with both the letter and the spirit of the travel restrictions...

newboots

Angel Diva
Not sure if this is the right thread for it, but Governor Scott announced today that those who have received the second shot of vaccine can come to Vermont without quarantining as long as they wait two weeks after the second dose. Similar measures apply for returning Vermonters.

I’m kinda wondering if this means that if I quarantine after I come back from a trip out of state (say to Sunday River), Dr Pugs, who is vaccinated, would be in compliance with both the letter and the spirit of the travel restrictions...

Hooray! :dancing:I hope Okemo is open in April!

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I took SallyCat’s advice to heart because I know she’s a strong young woman and if it did that to her, YIKES! I have skied with her and she’s in great shape! (And lots of fun! Loved our time in Mammoth and Yosemite and the hot springs in JUNE!!!).

I miss Mammoth so much!

Hooo, boy not quite as young and strong as I once was! My department was hit hard by the booster across age ranges, and yet many people were completely fine. I would love to know, if research can eventually reveal, the possible reasons for the vast disparities in reactions.

Speaking of strength, I'm sharing this anecdote because it just happened and I'm still proud of it!--->

I had to pass a physical fitness test for work yesterday, which I'd been dreading for months because all of my firefighter-co-workers would be watching. I've been struggling with poor fitness and some embarrassing and frustrating "pandemic weight." I didn't know what the test entailed, so I did the thing that was most fun: snowshoeing laps up the quite-steep Mt. Ascutney just about every day carrying my snowboard and gear, then riding down. Guess what the first part of the test was?

Four repetitions of walking up three flights of stairs carrying a 30-pound medical bag, with a time limit.

Nailed it.

Completed the whole 10-minute series of tasks with 3 minutes to spare.

:wink:

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I miss Mammoth so much!

Hooo, boy not quite as young and strong as I once was! My department was hit hard by the booster across age ranges, and yet many people were completely fine. I would love to know, if research can eventually reveal, the possible reasons for the vast disparities in reactions.

Speaking of strength, I'm sharing this anecdote because it just happened and I'm still proud of it!--->

I had to pass a physical fitness test for work yesterday, which I'd been dreading for months because all of my firefighter-co-workers would be watching. I've been struggling with poor fitness and some embarrassing and frustrating "pandemic weight." I didn't know what the test entailed, so I did the thing that was most fun: snowshoeing laps up the quite-steep Mt. Ascutney just about every day carrying my snowboard and gear, then riding down. Guess what the first part of the test was?

Four repetitions of walking up three flights of stairs carrying a 30-pound medical bag, with a time limit.

Nailed it.

Congratulations! :dancing:

MissySki

Angel Diva
Hooray! :dancing:I hope Okemo is open in April!

I saw somewhere today that Okemo is supposed to close April 4. Supposedly Vail sets the closing ahead of time unlike some places that go with the conditions to some extent? I don’t know if that would change for any reason this year to try and increase revenue or if they wouldn’t bother since the spring isn’t usually a big money maker for resorts anyway. :noidea:

MissySki

Angel Diva

Do you know when you might come?? :ski:

newboots

Angel Diva
I saw somewhere today that Okemo is supposed to close April 4. Supposedly Vail sets the closing ahead of time unlike some places that go with the conditions to some extent? I don’t know if that would change for any reason this year to try and increase revenue or if they wouldn’t bother since the spring isn’t usually a big money maker for resorts anyway. :noidea:

Bummer.

BlueSkies

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
:cry::cry: If I get the Moderna vaccine I won't be able to go to VT until April 5

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
I'm so jealous, you guys! TN is still restricting the age-based indication to 70+! Not starting 65+ until March!!

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
I got the first shot and was tired for a couple of days. Second shot is scheduled for March 3. I'm looking forward to it as we plan to travel to CO in mid-March.

We have heeded the good advice to not schedule anything for a couple of days after the second shot.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Pandemic-induced agoraphobia :rolleyes:

That’s too bad, it’s plenty safe as long as you adhere to your usual pandemic hygiene behavior.. just like anywhere else. At least that’s my take after ~13 weeks straight of negative tests skiing here. If you end up changing your mind, depending how the weather goes, I’m planning to take a week off in March to ski here and also pay a visit to Saddleback. I want to finally get a cross country lesson in somewhere too.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I miss Mammoth so much!

Nailed it.

Woo Hoooooo!!!

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm so jealous, you guys! TN is still restricting the age-based indication to 70+! Not starting 65+ until March!!

I've got some serious vaccine jealousy FOMO too. I've seen so many people here and on FB getting vaccinated, and while I'm glad for them, I'm still at least a month or two away as a grocery worker. At this rate, I basically feel like I'm going to be one of the last to be vaccinated despite being in a job that has constant and close interaction with others for the entire shift.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member

Vail has set a hard, fast closing late for Okemo for as long as they've owned the mountain. Doesn't matter what the weather or conditions -- they CLOSE, which is different from how it was under the Muellers. Drives me nuts. I hadn't heard April 4, but that sounds credible.

vickie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Keystone is also closing April 4, isn't it, @skibum4ever?

I don't know what direction which mountains face, but Copper long-timers told me that by mid-April Copper degrades fast, even with new snow. They said once the sun gets to a certain point, it just beats down on it. Maybe Keystone is the same way. :noidea:

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Vail has set a hard, fast closing late for Okemo for as long as they've owned the mountain. Doesn't matter what the weather or conditions -- they CLOSE, which is different from how it was under the Muellers. Drives me nuts. I hadn't heard April 4, but that sounds credible.

just another one of many reasons to miss the Muellers. I do not begrudge them for sale but I do miss the place in Okemo was. Other years I’d be heading west to keep skiing the first week of April. I’ve had a lot of fun in Utah that week.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga