• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Vermont over Easter?

newboots

Angel Diva
@Abbi - I’ve called it K-mart and K-ton. I thought I would change it up after I heard Mr. Blizzard call it Killy and realized I had heard it before from some other old ones!

SkiBam

Angel Diva
Tremblant is still fully covered and excellent. Skied yesterday and saw not a single bare spot. Very few people either so it was a fabulous day! It was so lovely to be able to ski top to bottom without encountering anyone except my own little group. It's not often any more that it feels like our private mountain. I expect over Easter it will be much more crowded but it turns out I can't ski then anyway as my daughter has invited us for the weekend.

@Jilly, are you planning to be there Saturday? Think I'll be there.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Smugglers Notch has extended its season til 4/21. Well, sort of. After April 14th, lift operations will pause midweek from April 15th -19th and reopen for Easter Weekend.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⁣ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Last edited:

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Will anything likely be open mid-week after just after Easter? I'll be up in the NH/ VT area that Monday and Tuesday.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Will anything likely be open mid-week after just after Easter? I'll be up in the NH/ VT area that Monday and Tuesday.
I think Sugarbush has a good chance of being open mid-week, but definitely check before you go!

BlueSkies

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was at Sugarbush Friday and Jay for the weekend. At this time both are planning to be open midweek thru 4/26. Both still had good coerage with the only brown spots on natural snow trails,particularly runs with high sun exposure. There was sill snow in the woods.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for starting this thread, I was about to post a similar question! I’m hoping that even with limited terrain, Killington will still have trails open other than Superstar? Does anyone have any idea if that would be likely?

Any idea if any place (New England) might still be open weekdays after Easter?

Killington will be closed Monday-Thursday starting May 6.

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Argh. Rain in the forecast for Tremblant this weekend and I have 45 mins to decide whether to cancel my hotel or not....

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yeah... reports say there is a bit of storm coming in but the detailed forecast says there will be dry periods... I’m debating whether it’s worth driving up for slushy conditions. In any case I cancelled my hotel for now and will just rebook if it starts to look better in the next few days as the forecast becomes more accurate.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Any idea if any place (New England) might still be open weekdays after Easter?
Sugarloaf is open daily through May 5. East side lifts have now shut for the season, but terrain in that region is accessible via other lifts.

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I wouldn't pay money to ski at Killington anymore this season unless you want to lap Superstar all day. It was horrendous yesterday. Dirty granular thinly dispersed over ice. It was the loudest ski day I've ever experienced, just high-decibel scraping all day long. We pretty quickly just started laughing at the absolute shite conditions. To be fair, we had near-biblical levels of rain on Monday and that must have wreaked irreparable havoc with the snow.

Screenshot 2019-04-20 10.11.03.pngScreenshot 2019-04-20 10.11.58.png

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hmmm, starting to rethink packing my gear up. I already told DH I would join him when he gives a talk at Dartmouth, but unless the forecast changes I might be looking for something else to do during the day. I have Ikon, so I've been keeping an eye on both Killington and Sugarbush. Would it be worth it to go further north to Jay? Any other late season stragglers thinking of skiing anywhere on Tuesday?

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I wouldn't pay money to ski at Killington anymore this season unless you want to lap Superstar all day. It was horrendous yesterday. Dirty granular thinly dispersed over ice. It was the loudest ski day I've ever experienced, just high-decibel scraping all day long. We pretty quickly just started laughing at the absolute shite conditions. To be fair, we had near-biblical levels of rain on Monday and that must have wreaked irreparable havoc with the snow.

View attachment 10748View attachment 10749

That's just nasty! At least you got a laugh out of it. Is the bike tuned up and ready to go?

MissySki

Angel Diva

WOW!! I was considering driving up tomorrow, I have days left on Ikon, but yuck. I just want soft bumps! Maybe better to wait a bit and just stick with a couple of sunny Superstar days? I’d rather go when other divas might be around so if it sucks we can just drink on the deck! Lol

Tvan

Angel Diva

Ick!

Meanwhile, at Chez Tvan, the boat is in the water... picked up from the marina last night.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna