• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Women's ski week at Taos

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
I'm arriving Sat from Santa Fe. Haven't figured that out yet. But I definitely want a beer and dinner somewhere when I get in.
Again, just PM me with any questions on where to eat, etc. Are you staying in Taos or on the mountain?

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
Any shuttle recommendations from Samta Fe?
I think the shuttle that runs from ABQ airport also stops in SF. Look up airport shuttle.

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
You're going to have a great time doing a ski week. And AVS is a great place to stay. Around what time do you think you'll be getting in? If it's fairly late you might want to stop in Taos for dinner.

pjtyler

Certified Ski Diva
You're going to have a great time doing a ski week. And AVS is a great place to stay. Around what time do you think you'll be getting in? If it's fairly late you might want to stop in Taos for dinner.
Scheduled at 1 pm in Santa Fe so I should have plenty of time. Thanks for all your input! I hope you meet you at some point.

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
Scheduled at 1 pm in Santa Fe so I should have plenty of time. Thanks for all your input! I hope you meet you at some point.
A lot has changed at TSV in 40 yrs. I'm not skiing this weekend d/t Pres Day, so contact me if you have any questions. I'm sure we'll be able to meet up - happy to give you a tour of the Mtn to get you reacquanted.
So, this is my 15th post so I can access more Diva info. Hope to meet up on the slopes some time!
Congrats on becoming a Certified Ski Diva!

pjtyler

Certified Ski Diva
A lot has changed at TSV in 40 yrs. I'm not skiing this weekend d/t Pres Day, so contact me if you have any questions. I'm sure we'll be able to meet up - happy to give you a tour of the Mtn to get you reacquanted.

Congrats on becoming a Certified Ski Diva!
All of this is so cool! I'm looking forward to some great skiing.

floridakeysskibum

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I fly into Denver Wednesday afternoon, drive down to Santa Fe Thursday for two nights. Staying at the inn of the governors. Skiing Santa Fe Friday, shop the square sat am. Eat lunch then head up to edelweiss for check in sat. Maybe ski sat afternoon in Taos depending how late we are.

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
I fly into Denver Wednesday afternoon, drive down to Santa Fe Thursday for two nights. Staying at the inn of the governors. Skiing Santa Fe Friday, shop the square sat am. Eat lunch then head up to edelweiss for check in sat. Maybe ski sat afternoon in Taos depending how late we are.
When you're in Santa Fe, my favorite New Mexican restaurant is Tomasita's, at the old RR station (next to REI).

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
I recall checking in at the ski school down at the base, getting a receipt, then directed when/where to meet. Have you signed your waiver online?
That's correct. If you've already paid, you still have to sign a waiver. Drop into the Ski School (in the Snakedance Building, to the right of the main lift and the firepit), and sign your waiver. Then you'll get a ticket to give to your instructor. If they tell you to meet at The Whistlestop, go up the main lift and ski down to the Whistlestop building (you can't miss it) -- that's where the ski off will be. The ski off is usually at 9:30, but the ski school folks will confirm that.

lemonlime

Diva in Training
I am following this thread with so much interest! I found out about Women’s Ski Week via this forum very recently and I’m trying to figure out logistics for next year. Would love to hear more details about where people fly into/stay/etc.

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
I am following this thread with so much interest! I found out about Women’s Ski Week via this forum very recently and I’m trying to figure out logistics for next year. Would love to hear more details about where people fly into/stay/etc.
Most people fly into Albuquerque, then rent a car to drive to Taos (~2.5-3 hr drive), or take the airport shuttle to Taos or Taos Ski Valley (TSV). TSV is about a 35-40 min drive from the town of Taos. There is an option to fly into Santa Fe and drive from there (about 1.5 hr drive), but since SF is such a small airport there are not many flight options, not many cars available, and can be much more expensive, since it's not a major hub. Finally, there is Taos Air, a commuter plane option from several cities: the info is on the Taos Ski Valley website.

There is lodging available both in TSV and in Taos; of course, it's more expensive to stay on the mountain, and reservations should be made pretty early to be sure to get a room, esp during a popular wk like Women's Ski Wk. Alpine Village Suites is the best value on the mountain (many Ski Divas stay there), but there are several options at TSV. Some people find that they are affected by the altitude (9200'), however, and prefer to stay in Taos (7500'), or stay there for a night or two before moving up to lodging in TSV.

When you get your 15 posts in and can post in the Meet on the Mtn forum you can post to see if any Divas are going at the same time and can possibly arrange car-sharing/roommates, etc., early next winter (usually from Dec on). There are usually quite a few Divas posting about it.

lemonlime

Diva in Training
Most people fly into Albuquerque, then rent a car to drive to Taos (~2.5-3 hr drive), or take the airport shuttle to Taos or Taos Ski Valley (TSV). TSV is about a 35-40 min drive from the town of Taos. There is an option to fly into Santa Fe and drive from there (about 1.5 hr drive), but since SF is such a small airport there are not many flight options, not many cars available, and can be much more expensive, since it's not a major hub. Finally, there is Taos Air, a commuter plane option from several cities: the info is on the Taos Ski Valley website.

There is lodging available both in TSV and in Taos; of course, it's more expensive to stay on the mountain, and reservations should be made pretty early to be sure to get a room, esp during a popular wk like Women's Ski Wk. Alpine Village Suites is the best value on the mountain (many Ski Divas stay there), but there are several options at TSV. Some people find that they are affected by the altitude (9200'), however, and prefer to stay in Taos (7500'), or stay there for a night or two before moving up to lodging in TSV.

When you get your 15 posts in and can post in the Meet on the Mtn forum you can post to see if any Divas are going at the same time and can possibly arrange car-sharing/roommates, etc., early next winter (usually from Dec on). There are usually quite a few Divas posting about it.
Thank you so, so much for this, it’s beyond generous of you to spell this all out for me.

I’m working on getting to 15 posts, I’m excited to hopefully meet other skiers!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Thank you so, so much for this, it’s beyond generous of you to spell this all out for me.

I’m working on getting to 15 posts, I’m excited to hopefully meet other skiers!
Even though I've been able to work with PSIA Level 3 instructors in several destination resorts and my home mountain (Massanutten in northern VA) in the last decade, I have no doubt that a Taos Ski Week is the best investment of time and money that can be made by someone who wants to take their skiing to another level. Doesn't matter if they are an intermediate, advanced, or expert (whatever that means). I was an older (over 60), advanced skier when I did my first Taos Ski Week in 2018. Although I skipped this season in order to have time for other trips, I'll be back for other Ski Weeks in the future.

Can you see the Getting to Know You section? Creating a thread with your home region in the title is a good way to "meet" people who ski closer to where you live.

These may be helpful as you figure out how to get to Taos next season.

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
I'll be there! First time in Taos, flying in on Friday. Are we supposed to get an email or something about where to meet on Sunday?
@alithai and @pjtyler If you'd like to get a little ski tour of TSV on Sat, just PM me and we can arrange to meet, so you'll have a better idea of where you're going on Sunday. I think you know your way around already @floridakeysskibum , but if you want to meet up as well, perhaps we could all meet up for a tour,

floridakeysskibum

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@alithai and @pjtyler If you'd like to get a little ski tour of TSV on Sat, just PM me and we can arrange to meet, so you'll have a better idea of where you're going on Sunday. I think you know your way around already @floridakeysskibum , but if you want to meet up as well, perhaps we could all meet up for a tour,
We didn’t get up here until 7 pm sat I’m in purple jacket white helmet (with little orange tag from a previous diva week years ago) and blue bibs

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga