• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Where is winter?

SkiBam

Angel Diva
I'm just back from a short x-c outing on local trails. Had to stop and add some warmer wax (one that goes up to 0 C). That was the first time this winter my skis have seen anything but polar or green wax. Didn't feel all that warm though as it was windy - and it's not supposed to last.

One thing that has kept the snow so excellent for x-c around here is that there has not been a thaw since (I think) the new year. We really haven't had our usual amount of snow, but you wouldn't know it with the excellent conditions.

marzNC

Angel Diva
:smile: I'm contemplating when to leave today for the local bump to catch tomorrow's snowfall....
Hmm, was planning on driving south to NC from Albany starting Thursday. Sounds like it could be better to take it easy and ski at Massanutten instead. Forecast says 5-8 inches! Assuming the roads in PA are decent.

Christy

Angel Diva
It was 75 yesterday. The Skagit Valley, north of here, has a big tulip festival in April that draws mobs. But the tulips started blooming mid-March! The tulips might be done before the tulip festival is. This was yesterday:
-f4675ebbafcbebdc.JPG

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Winter is still alive and well in New England. Tomorrow in VT I'm expecting teens and 20s. Last weekend we didn't get out of the single digits where I was.
My flower beds are still covered in snow--no chance of early blooming tulips here!

mustski

Angel Diva
The local resorts are closing this weekend. I called it a season last weekend - except for a spring break trip to Mammoth. Winter never arrived here.

snow addict

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Has been snowing for the last two days here, conditions were barely skiable yesterday, blowing wind, falling and blowing snow and thick fog, so we called it a day after one hour, today looks more of the same, so not even putting my gear on, might check shops for skis to try tomorrow. Amazingly, the day of FWT final was beautiful and weather was extremely generous to organizers, riders and spectator. We all ended up with various parts of our faces/ears or necks sunburnt despite using lot of sun cream. I swear one of the girls faces was glowing in the dark on Saturday night :smile: and Aurelien Ducroz set a new record by winning for the fourth time on Le Bec despite not even being on tour anymore - my weekend was made once I saw his opening line as there was no way it could be beaten. After competition Geraldine Fasnacht jumped out of the helicopter in her wing suit for her trademark flyover. So a great day and fantastic show to top the season - it's all downhill from this point, but looks like we are getting a good top-up to finish in style.

RhodySkiBum

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It was 75 yesterday. The Skagit Valley, north of here, has a big tulip festival in April that draws mobs. But the tulips started blooming mid-March! The tulips might be done before the tulip festival is. This was yesterday:
-f4675ebbafcbebdc.JPG

Wow, Christy - this is a beautiful pic! Looks like Holland (except for the mountains in the background)

Flurries here in New England yesterday and today - winter seems to be sticking around!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Spring skiing in Utah. Temps in the 40s at Alta today. Reasonable coverage and corn snow if you know where an when to go.

Heard that Snowbasin changed their closing day from April 12 to April 5. Already closed Strawberry and John Paul for the season.

mustski

Angel Diva
Spring skiing in Utah. Temps in the 40s at Alta today. Reasonable coverage and corn snow if you know where an when to go.

Heard that Snowbasin changed their closing day from April 12 to April 5. Already closed Strawberry and John Paul for the season.
Utah has been having a pretty meh season overall. Of course, they have California beat by a mile and then some.

Christy

Angel Diva
Winter came today. 15" new at Snoqualmie Pass, and chains required on the interstate. I can't remember the last time chains were required. It's too late, though. They are shut as is everyone else but Crystal, who is limping along. Is this nature saying. April Fools! You thought it was spring, take this suckers. We were going to hike this weekend but are now thinking that Whistler looks decent and maybe we should head up.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna