• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What sort of skier are you?

What sort of skier are you?

• Aggressive: It's time to attack!

Votes: 21 27.6%
  • Aerobic: This is great exercise!

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Meditative: Shhh, I have to concentrate.

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • Obsessive: Gotta get in 10,000 vert. feet today!

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • Social: Let's stop and chat.

• Careful: What's that up ahead?

Votes: 17 22.4%
  • Laid Back: Maybe I'll ski now, maybe later....

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Racy: Faster, faster!

• Daring: Just gotta try it!

Votes: 14 18.4%

• Total voters

whitewater girl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
There's no category for "Dances with the Mountain"!

Sometimes it's 'faster, faster', sometimes it's 'daring' (I'll stupidly follow almost anybody anywhere :o ), sometimes it's 'agressive', but it's almost always playing with the terrain, the speed, the G-forces, the snow conditions, and 'jammin to the tunes'.

I like that one, but ended up with meditative - Obsessive would be a good addition...I tend to get very, very focused....

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Ha, this thread's funny. I can only eliminate two: social and laid back. As to the rest, would depend on what point in the season and would totally vary from day to day!

frenchgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am a careful skier. But I am also social and meditative at times. I am NOT aggressive or racy. I may change though as I improve.

Acadia07

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Fun poll! I love the answers.

I had to think for a while about which to choose. I was between daring, aggressive and meditative. Daring because, like many have said, I'll try anything. I LIKE trying new things, even if I look a mess doing 'em. Aggressive because I have the most fun when I'm blazing down groomers, pushing my limits. Meditative because I've been doing an awful lot of concentrating on my form lately. I went with the latter. :smile:

skimomma24

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I wanted to pick multiples, too. I settled on racy, cuz I like to go fast. I gotta start skiing more slowly though, so these short midwest runs can last longer than 20 seconds.

definitely me too! At my local hill it takes me less than 7 minutes to go up the chair and come back down again!

Jenny

Angel Diva
First and foremost - careful. I NEED to know what's over the hump, around the corner, coming at me, what the snow is like, etc. etc. I really like a scouting run/report before going down something. Then I can be comfortable the second time down and work on speed, technique, or whatever.

SkiNurse

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I said daring...even though I consider myself an assertive/athletic skier.

Man, I can't wait to get up to the hills next week!:thumbsup:

ski&bfree

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Glad this poll was bumped!

At this stage in my skiing, I would say I'm a cautious/careful skier. Like Jenny, I like to know what is around the corner and beyond the jump. Then I can relax, work on turns and technique and enjoy the ride down.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Gee, with these choices obsessive is the only one that I can choose. Not about vert though, just about getting to the slopes as much as possible. Never thought I'd be willing to drive for day trips to slopes 3 hours away, but since that means more ski days I think it will happen even more in the future. Especially since I just bought my first good skis.

Tammy

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Since I have only been skiing for 2 seasons, I'd have to say that, overall, I'm cautious. However, since I'm pretty passionate about getting better, I think I'd have to say that I'm obsessed too; I've been able to go out at least once every week since the middle of December and I like to get going early in the mornings to get to the fresh stuff. That being said, usually by about 2:30 in the afternoon my knees are tired and I call it a day-- better to end a ski day on a positive note :smile:.

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
Num, I guess you and I are the "racy" pair, though as others have said, I'm a mix; I was definitely obsessive getting in 75 runs my last day this year at Appalachian. If I'm not comfortable with conditions or I'm on an unfamiliar mtn, I can be ~very~ cautious! Eek!:eek:
And near the end of this season, with my increased skills, I've definitely gotten more daring!

Daria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Like many of you, it really depends on the day and the conditions. But obsessive fits me best :ski:

DeeSki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh dear, another obsessive. Get out as early as possible, ski until the last lift, can't survive without lunch but spend my whole time itching to get back out again, want to ski every run on the mountain. There's a certain amount of daring and racy in there too. I love that feeling of looking back up a run I was scared to head down and sometimes you have to ski fast to make the last lift back up! With the exception of "laid back" I think I show all the other traits to some extent too, although my sociability is limited to time spent on lifts! Do I display obsessive traits in my non-skiing life? Well, I think I'd describe it as motivated and focused:redface:

astridhj

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have to say I am a follower... I follow everyone that wants to lead me somewhere, if it is blue or black or cliffs or whatever. So I put down daring. I will try everything once.

In real life I am more of a leader type...

SkiBam

Angel Diva
Like others, I wanted multiple choices and could only totally rule out laid back and social (the latter drives me nuts when people are standing around at the top chatting when there's good skiing to be had). I ended up choosing aggressive, but I also like to go fast when conditions warrant it, am careful at times - again, when conditions warrant it, can be obsessive (gotta be first up the lift when there's powder), and am pretty daring (will try almost anything once - hey, you can always sideslip!).

plainjane

Certified Ski Diva
Athletically aggressive, at least that's what I like to see myself as in my mind! I love to see women who ski with passion, not necessarily fast, but who really look like they are using their muscles and working those skis.

mollmeister

Angel Diva
I picked Aggressive (even though I'm probably not the best or most hardcore out there, I love pushing my own envelope and skiing with people better than I), but it could be Aerobic, too. I never shy from hiking to things (or skating across the top of Vail mtn where they took out the surface lift). I love feeling utterly exhausted and like I went as hard as I could once the day is done.

abc

Banned
I don't have a ski style. I just ... well, go out.

So, I'm definitely not aggressive, not daring and not at all obsessive. And I'm too slow to be racy even if I want to.

But I don't go skiing to be social. Standing in the cold and chat is the last thing I want to pay $80/day for! :( And though it maybe hard on the body, if I really want a workout, I'd go x-c skiing. So that aren't it.

That left meditative, careful and laid back.

I don't find skiing particularly meditative. And I'm not exactly careful (I got broken ribs to prove that).

That left laid back, which probably comes remotely close. If the weather is really bad, if there's only a few inches of man-made ice on rock, I probably won't ski.

What I really am, is a tourist on skis. That option doesn't exist. So I'm laid back, regarding the rest of the reasons. :smile:

gr8outdoors

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm going to go with meditative. Some days I find myself in my own little world! It's tough to just choose one category, though.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga