• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What sort of skier are you?

What sort of skier are you?

• Aggressive: It's time to attack!

Votes: 21 27.6%
  • Aerobic: This is great exercise!

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Meditative: Shhh, I have to concentrate.

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • Obsessive: Gotta get in 10,000 vert. feet today!

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • Social: Let's stop and chat.

• Careful: What's that up ahead?

Votes: 17 22.4%
  • Laid Back: Maybe I'll ski now, maybe later....

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Racy: Faster, faster!

• Daring: Just gotta try it!

Votes: 14 18.4%

• Total voters

Ski-dreamer_Diva

<span style="color:#F89F07";">Angel Diva</span><br
I'm medatative 'cause I try too hard to remember all the right things to do. When I don't 'concentrate' so hard and just have fun my form is much better (so I'm told). I'm aiming at the aggressive category though!

SnowDancer

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Careful for me

Ditto on wanting a "check all the apply" option. Lacking that choice, I decided I am primarily "Careful". I want at least a general idea of what to expect, especially at a new mountain, so I find a trail map and valid ski and/or grooming report helpful. Then, once I have the lay of the land, I can go back and work the runs - depending on that day's mood, energy/fitness/health level, etc.

Also, because most of my skiing is in the Northeast, I'm watchful for changing trail conditions - but mostly I keep an eye out for potential problems with others skiers (and snowboarders) - you know, those that are: fallen down, blocking trails/lifts, on trails outside of their comfort zone, re-entering from out of bounds, out of control, etc. [Although all my caution didn't save me from being hit from behind -on a very wide, very gentle, green trail leading back to a base lift- by an out of control beginner who yelled "Look out!" just before he slammed into my back...:mad2:]

sibhusky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yeah, I needed a "several apply" option as I have a "minimum feet" requirement, but "subject to" Social and Careful and a missing What a great photo that would be, plus the occasional Daring on some days.

vickie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The one constant for me is "careful", but that may be because I'm rarely on familiar terrain. As a new(er) skier, I've been making rounds in the Northeast.

But, for me, "meditative" is the good stuff. When it's me and the mountain and I've forgotten that work and family and the rest of the world even exist ... and then some crazy song pops into my head ... it doesn't get any better than that.

KarenD

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just saw this bumped thread--I picked careful, because I do like to know what I'm getting into. Though I'm not always good at being careful--I did my first black diamond out west by accident, and several times last season ended up slowly making my way out of trees that turned out to be too tight/steep/etc. for me to handle.

wpsally

Certified Ski Diva
There needs to be a button for "transitioning". :smile:

I've gone from super careful through laid back into meditative and sometimes aggressive. My skiing improved a lot last season and as I've made huge jumps in ability and comfort level, my aggressive tendency is starting to come out.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga