• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What Does Your Ski Day Total Say About You?

SkiBilly

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Huge bummer!! Our ski trip was cut short as DH had a stack on 19 March and banged up his knee...suspected ACL. The X-ray in Canada showed no fracture, but we flew home early so he'd could have an MRI, which showed complete ACL rupture, tears on medial lig and bone contusion. He's two weeks post surgery now. The splint is off and his recovery can slowly begin.

Jenny

Angel Diva
Well, that stinks! Bad enough to have it happen at home, but to have to do all that travel, on top of the injury and shortened vacation, too . . .

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Huge bummer!! Our ski trip was cut short as DH had a stack on 19 March and banged up his knee...suspected ACL. The X-ray in Canada showed no fracture, but we flew home early so he'd could have an MRI, which showed complete ACL rupture, tears on medial lig and bone contusion. He's two weeks post surgery now. The splint is off and his recovery can slowly begin.

So interesting how different every surgery, and every surgeon's protocol, is. Of course I never paid any attention until after my surgery. Best wishes for your hubby!

DeweySki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
52 days!

New record for me. I think it's finally over after closing down Mammoth this weekend.

12 resorts
10 months (November - August)
6 backcountry days (4 self-powered, 2 in cat operation in BC)
6 different pairs of skis (1 of those just a demo)

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
54.. great year..not my most ever but was great to ski so many new Mts. & repeat my Favs.
Revelstoke, Whistler/Blackcomb, Elk, Taos all new Mts.
Alta, Snowmass, Highlands, Okemo, Killington, Royal, Whiteface, Stowe, repeats that I love..
can't wait for next year to add more new (Mammoth- Squaw- Alpine meadows)

I can add 2 more days!! I went to Mammoth July 23,24th!!! Yes I Had a blast, because I Skied with Divas & met some New West Coast Divas! And it was surprisingly very good skiing!! Skiing in July.. for my record books and I hope I get to do it 'more than once in my lifetime'

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am in Namaste ski day count range and likely be in that range for a foreseeable future! :smile: That is all good because I have balance - pursuing career in science that I love and have an ability to ski too! I did get to go to some amazing ski places this season. New to me places were Taos and Revelstoke - oh so steep, but oh so awesome!
Resorts out West that were a return for me are Alta, Aspen and Whistler. Whistler was for cancer immunotherapy conference so it was an amazing work trip, but also amazing ski trip! I also extended Whistler trip to go to Revelstoke which was great!
I skied several local Poconos mountains too for day trips - overall great ski season! Hoping for even better one for next year!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna