• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What Does Your Ski Day Total Say About You?

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
32 so far. ACL recovery did not help, as weekends I'd normally ski 2-3 days, I skied 1-2. Or zero. But overall, I think what my typical total says about me is, "I hate to admit it, but I like the security of health insurance and plenty of retirement savings more than I like the idea of creating a lifestyle where I can ski as much as I'd like."

veronicarella

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
91 days total! The article is pretty much spot on! hahaha
It has been a big winter, the biggest ever for me!

61 days of skiing
12 days of snowboarding
11 days of teaching (9 skis, 2 snowboard)
8 mountains
5 days of cross country
5 certs earned (CADS 1, CSIA 1, CSIA 2, AST 1, CASI 1)
1 day of telemark
1 day of sit ski

Hopefully I can squeeze in a few more days to make it a 100 before the mountain shuts at the end of month!

Last edited:

Jilly

Staff member

61 days of skiing
12 days of snowboarding
8 mountains
5 days of cross country
1 day of telemark
1 day of sit ski

Hopefully I can squeeze in a few more days to make it a 100 before the mountain shuts at the end of month!

Wow girl...you got your 2!! Did you take the training first of March? One of the people on the WB trip was doing his training then.

Congrats, CSIA 2 is not that easy!!

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

61 days of skiing
12 days of snowboarding
8 mountains
5 days of cross country
1 day of telemark
1 day of sit ski

WOW Congrats on all your successful Certs!! WAY TO GO!! I hope you get 100+ days!!

Skivt2

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Working on my first 100 day season at Killington/Pico. Today was 97. Hoping to hit 100 next Sunday. It's been a crazy challenge. I will not push for it next season. It's too hard. Not only do I not own a ski area but I have a full time job 2 states and 165 miles away from the mountain. I've skied every single day I could since mid October. We will finish out whenever Killington closes so it should end up between 106-110 days. I love to ski but I am tired. I'll be going through withdrawal in June all the same and praying for October to arrive quickly.

veronicarella

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wow girl...you got your 2!! Did you take the training first of March? One of the people on the WB trip was doing his training then.

Congrats, CSIA 2 is not that easy!!

Thanks! I did my training mid-March, so likely not the same person, and hoping it wasn't the 'butt grabber' guy :-/

I'm considering going for my 3 next season, after a couple course examiners encouraged me to, which is a boost of confidence. Of course it'll be hard work and way harder than the 2.

veronicarella

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
WOW Congrats on all your successful Certs!! WAY TO GO!! I hope you get 100+ days!!

Thanks! I'll get at least 2 more days today and tomorrow, then it's rain, rain, rain at the mountain top for the rest of the week....

veronicarella

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Working on my first 100 day season at Killington/Pico. Today was 97. Hoping to hit 100 next Sunday. It's been a crazy challenge. I will not push for it next season. It's too hard. Not only do I not own a ski area but I have a full time job 2 states and 165 miles away from the mountain. I've skied every single day I could since mid October. We will finish out whenever Killington closes so it should end up between 106-110 days. I love to ski but I am tired. I'll be going through withdrawal in June all the same and praying for October to arrive quickly.

Wow! That's some serious commitment! Hope you get your 100+!!!

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I got a chance to watch the level 3 prep. Huge jump! But I'm excited to learn how to really ski! Haha

It may be a big jump, but every journey begins with the first step and all that ... so while you're still on a high and you're excited about it, might as well start training and set an aggressive goal for yourself!

DeweySki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Still skiing...still TONS of snow in Tahoe. Some places on the upper mountain at Heavenly you could jump of the lift down to the run and it would only be like a 5 ft. drop. Will post total days when I am done :ski:

DeweySki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Website reports closed April 30.
Squaw, mt rose still open
Yup, nothing left to ski in south lake anymore :( We still have our Mountain Collective days and our BOGO coupons from Warren Miller film for Squaw, so there's at least four days. Could also still go to Mammoth :smile:

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Yup, nothing left to ski in south lake anymore :( We still have our Mountain Collective days and our BOGO coupons from Warren Miller film for Squaw, so there's at least four days. Could also still go to Mammoth :smile:
Still have my Squaw coupons 2 for 1 too. Sadly have not skied since mar 12 - darn torn ACL and meniscus.. well at least got 29 in... how are your black Crows? I'm planning on getting the Camox Birdie

luliski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just skied Squaw on Sunday (great corn snow) and will check out conditions on Thursday. It's going to be warm, and I'm sure the snow won't be as nice as it was on Sunday.

DeweySki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Still have my Squaw coupons 2 for 1 too. Sadly have not skied since mar 12 - darn torn ACL and meniscus.. well at least got 29 in... how are your black Crows? I'm planning on getting the Camox Birdie
:( How much longer on the recovery? That SUCKS. 29 days is still impressive. Black Crows are amazing, although I didn't get that many days on them this year, maybe 8 or so. Seeing more and more Black Crows around Tahoe, but still rare enough that they are a conversation starter. I am quite the evangelist!
I just skied Squaw on Sunday (great corn snow) and will check out conditions on Thursday. It's going to be warm, and I'm sure the snow won't be as nice as it was on Sunday.

Yes, that's awesome to hear! The corn has been great lately. Heavenly on Saturday was perfectly soft and even kind of cool temps up top.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna