• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Travel bag that will accomodate boots and helmet

Jilly

Staff member
I refuse to fly Air Canada even in Canada. They are now charging for all baggage except carry on. Until just recently WestJet let you have one free. And this thing about the hard case. That's OK if you have a sport tube, but if not they will ask you to sign off on any damages to the skis. Also its only the skis and poles in the bag/case. Nothing else allowed.

I only fly them to Denver, as WestJet doesn't go there yet.

sperks

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Unfortunately we don't have a lot of choice on getting to Canada from down under
It's keeping me busy searching for the perfect solution

Janis Williams

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Have you checked out things like - can you send ski bag to Whistler from Canada somehow... or even Fedex gear to Whistler?

maggie198

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hey I have a version of this boot bag that I got discounted online a few years ago, and I love it! It fits virtually all my ski accessories and is convenient to carry on the airplane.

https://dakine.com/p/ski/gear-bags/boot-bags/boot-pack-50l

I have that size Dakine bag, and love it. It holds ALL my ski gear - boots, helmet, googles and extra lenses, gloves (at least 2 pair), hats, neck gaiters, extra socks, snacks, and more - and isn't too cumbersome on my back. Leaves my hands free to wheel other bags.

Jilly

Staff member
Forgot all about this one: Salomon Go-to-Ski bag. I used it on a trip to WB one year...

362923.jpg

Boots go in on the side, rest is open. Got my laptop, boots and some other stuff in it. I really didn't need to take a 17' laptop!!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Forgot all about this one: Salomon Go-to-Ski bag. I used it on a trip to WB one year...

362923.jpg

Boots go in on the side, rest is open. Got my laptop, boots and some other stuff in it. I really didn't need to take a 17' laptop!!
Does helmet fit?

Jilly

Staff member
Mine is an older version, and it does. There is one of these at the shop, I'll have to take a look at it.

AltaEgo

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just got a postcard advertisement from SportTube. They are now making a boot bag that is 48 liters, and designed for the overhead compartment. It is called the Overheader, and advertised as meeting carry-on requirements. According to the advertisement, it "is large enough to carry your boots, helmet, clothing, and gear needed for a day on the mountain". It has shoulder straps and a chest strap. (I wish I had had this for my trip to France last year. I used my regular carryon and carried my boots in my hand in lieu of a purse.) I've been using a SportTube for air travel for years, and have had great product support. (New wheels were sent to me when the baggage handlers broke one off.) Hope this helps! www.sportube.com

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I just got a postcard advertisement from SportTube. They are now making a boot bag that is 48 liters, and designed for the overhead compartment. It is called the Overheader, and advertised as meeting carry-on requirements. According to the advertisement, it "is large enough to carry your boots, helmet, clothing, and gear needed for a day on the mountain". It has shoulder straps and a chest strap. (I wish I had had this for my trip to France last year. I used my regular carryon and carried my boots in my hand in lieu of a purse.) I've been using a SportTube for air travel for years, and have had great product support. (New wheels were sent to me when the baggage handlers broke one off.) Hope this helps! www.sportube.com
This looks great, but if I read the specs correctly, it sounds as if it meets carry on requirements without the "helmet pod."

marzNC

Angel Diva
This looks great, but if I read the specs correctly, it sounds as if it meets carry on requirements without the "helmet pod."
Not a big deal to take the helmet out of a pack when boarding. Can either put it in the overhead separately or under the seat depending on the situation.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Not a big deal to take the helmet out of a pack when boarding. Can either put it in the overhead separately or under the seat depending on the situation.
True, I do like the pack but was not only thinking of carry on but also boarding trains in Europe, etc...

Janis Williams

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
What kind of space is available for luggage on trains in Europe? My only recent train experience is in China.
Lots of them have a luggage area... I could stand ski bag in area they had for long stuff... regular bag could just go in luggage area... Sweet french males always trying to help me too :D

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
What kind of space is available for luggage on trains in Europe? My only recent train experience is in China.
Swiss trains really do accommodate skiers as there are sections for luggage and overhead storage as well. Traveled on four trains last year from Geneva to Wengen dragging large ski bags, large rolling duffels, old Patagonia bag that doubles as back pack. It was a bit of a challenge changing trains and going up and down ramps with heavy, unwieldy luggage trying to catch trains….

AltaEgo

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Or threaten to wear it if they give you a hard time!

sperks

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks for all your suggestions today I've purchased a Dakine split roller 100l
The boots and the helmet fit inside so won't have to have an extra bag for the boots and helmet just need to be ruthless and strict on what I pack to keep to the weight limit only 76 days till we go :banana:
Just need to make sure I can fit into my ski trousers !!
Am motivated by reading this forum

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
There's Transpack Pro Heated bag available for $209. It supposed to be better suited to be a carry-on than the other heated bag.

COchick

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have an old boot bag, can't remember the brand, but I fit my boots, helmet, goggles, gloves, and one set of ski clothes (layers, socks, jacket, pants) all inside (plus snacks and stuff for normal carry-on stuff). I take it as a carry-on, and usually don't even have to remove anything to get it in the overhead bin. It's not the most comfortable to wear when loaded, though, which is my only complaint. My guess is the bags now have better strap/suspension systems than they did 15 years ago. Just having used that over the years, I'm pretty sure I'll always want a bag that will fit those essentials completely inside vs. having ones where the boots go on the outside. I'll have to see if I can identify the brand and if they're still making them.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga