• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

The East Coast Whine Thread

Am skipping this weekend because I have a couple things scheduled with friends and family whom I've ditched all winter long to go skiing. I have a room booked in Killington for next saturday, April 16th. So long as there remains intermediate terrain open my rock skis and I will be there. Thanks guys for telling me about the half off deal.

Jilly

Staff member
According to the Tremblant website - they got 8 inches of snow out of this storm. Last time I book a paddle camp!

Mary Tee

Angel Diva
Not sure how much is still open, but I got this today...

Whiteface Mountain Opens Again!
email-title-separator.jpg

Whiteface Opening April 15 - 17

Thanks to the recent cold nights, we have been able to keep a good amount of snow on our trails at Whiteface! So, we've decided to open for another weekend and make a party out of it!

• Friday - $15 lift tickets - available online , at Whiteface or the ORDA Store on Main St.
  • Saturday - Annie in the Water playing on the deck 3pm - 6pm
  • Sunday - Final day of the season! (unless we get an unexpected dumping of course)
On Saturday and Sunday, we have special late season rates in effect and further savings if you buy in advance online. The forecast is calling for three glorious days in the sunshine, so don't put your gear away just yet. Grab a friend and come out to Whiteface this weekend!

Don't forget - if you purchase your season pass for next year, you can ski for free Friday, Saturday, and Sunday! Purchase your Whiteface 16-17 Season Pass.

That's pretty cool. Glad they are opening for a last harrah.

SkiBam

Angel Diva
Still chugging along here in the Laurentians. Tremblant, which was originally set to close last Sunday, will be open again this weekend (not this week though). Of course we'll be there, bringing the season to a close in style! I missed some great skiing there the past week or so as I was nursing a sore knee (seems fine now).

And this week I'm having a couple of days at St. Sauveur, which still has very good spring conditions and lots of snow. (And bonus - it's just a 10-minute drive from my house,) I guess if it stays decent at St. Sauveur, I'll continue going there from time to time until they finally close - I would think they'll keep something open until May (though maybe just one run and that's hardly worth it), if only for the bragging rights.

This was truly a whine-worthy season at the beginning, but got better and better (especially at Tremblant) and truly offered some of the best conditions I've ever seen there.

Still piles of snow around my house and I'm starting to look a bit longingly at my (still snowy) deck...

Killington was looking overall pretty bad. Super Star the black diamond trail had what seemed to be the best coverage but I'm not sure I'll ever get on this trail; super gnarly entry and the bottom part of the trail as far as the eye can see from the base is all moguls.........

Rest of the mountain, eeesh. Gondola shuts down after tomorrow as does the Canyon chair leaving just the Superstar quad. Coverage off of here is pretty thin, not sure aside from the superstar run itself if they can even groom the rest of it, lots of grass and rocks showing through.

I give them until May 1st...................

I'm ready to say hello to spring, next winter will be better.......... I am ok, made it to 32 days and have been skiing since November 30th so dammit I'm happy. I hang up my skis for the season and enter spring with a smile.

Jilly

Staff member
I had one of those "you have memories" things pop up today on my Facebook. I had 37 days in 2008-2009. I had only 37 days this year. Both years had problems. This year the weather, that season family deaths. So I guess I'll take the weather problems.

I'm fully into summer sports, so an 8 hours drive doesn't thrill me right now to ski K-ton. But somebody go get it!!

Same here, 4 hours for me to ski 1 trail doesn't wind my watch. Especially since they are closed during the week now in preservation mode with Superstar likely the last trail standing by Friday. If I lived in town I'd likely do it. I am slowly getting out of my winter's over depression and migrating into summer mode. Have fun for anyone who goes.

@Jilly I saw on Jay Peak's website that Canadians ski at par, wish I knew that before Diva East cause I would have mentioned it then. Maybe we could have a little mini diva get together next winter at Jay and the canadian contingent can come down. This is of course assuming all works out with Jay and they are operational :smile:

Jilly

Staff member
With the changes at Jay, we'll have to see what comes out of it. I do know that I'm heading out to WB for the Epic/Pugski gathering in March.

Skivt2

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Great skiing this weekend at Killington. Superstar is full of big beautiful bumps and hiking to the corn snow was still available. It even snowed a bit today. But there are thin spots. Next weekend may be it.

Jilly

Staff member
I saw something on FB that Saint Saveur would be open. Have to verify that. But we had snow at the cottage today. No accumulation, but it snowed in May!

SkiBam

Angel Diva
I'm sure I saw someone skiing at St. Sauveur just the other day. A good 3 or so cm on the ground here this morning. And 1 degree C or something unpleasant like that. Have to dig out my winter clothes to go out today. Sheesh. (I love winter and all, but...)

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I love MRG's sense of humor about this.

Yeah, we had a few inches of snow at altitude -- just a little bit at my house -- and it was frustrating driving into town today and seeing the snow on the peaks. Killington says they got 6 inches and will be running their lifts Friday-Sunday, but it's supposed to be 70°F from Thursday on, so yuk.

And yes, the black flies are here, too. :frown:

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well, I like to think yesterday's snow and cold will at least keep the black flies (which had made an appearance last week) at bay for a couple of days.
my thoughts exactly snow last 2 days just a dusting but black flies out in full force at 50degrees today.. 1 more reason why I love winter. No bugs!

I am patiently waiting for one of the winter haters at work to comment when we have more bugs this summer so I can remind them that we didn't have much of a winter this year to kill them so that's why we have an even higher population. Those people may not like winter but it does have other purposes in this world besides skiing. My coworker has also learned now that he better not complain about it being cool now or how the weather has been just moody because I will remind him that he had summer for half of winter and I might be smiling while I say it :smile:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna