• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

The East Coast Whine Thread

Tvan

Angel Diva
We got 5 inches of snow at my house in Connecticut today. Sigh.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Sugarloaf has been making snow for 2 days now. It's piling up. Good reports. Going up Wednesday. :thumbsup: Very cold temps since Sunday. Single digits tonight at my house. Wood stove blasting. Never say never.

We are only 2 and a half hours from Mount Snow and Stratton and Okemo a little bit farther and Killington a bit farther than that. I wish we were farther north because Sugarbush and Sunday River would be much more doable.

I am hesitant to hit stratton this weekend as their base is only 12 inches. It just pains me to spend the daily price for a killington lift ticket. I think this fall we'll buy some bulk tickets for Stratton, Okemo and Killington, that way we'll basically get lift tickets at half price and these trips once Mount Snow closes will be more feasible.

One of the guys on the chair at Mount Snow on Sunday was saying I should check out wild cat in new hampshire. My peak pass covers crotched, atitash and wildcat. Need to read up on these guys. Perhaps a trip to one of them isn't out of the question this weekend or next.

marzNC

Angel Diva
One of the guys on the chair at Mount Snow on Sunday was saying I should check out wild cat in new hampshire. My peak pass covers crotched, atitash and wildcat. Need to read up on these guys. Perhaps a trip to one of them isn't out of the question this weekend or next.
Wildcat is a fun little mountain. The high speed lift to the summit means you can get in a lot of runs in a day. The long green is lots of fun and has great views. Only skied there one day in early season but would like to go back when more is open.

https://www.theskidiva.com/forums/i...r-whiteface-early-dec-2014.18818/#post-277602

Thanks. Awesome trip report, looks like you had a blast. I love Loon.

Was thinking of checking Wildcat out since they are included on my pass. The greens cruisers from the top are closed but the blues from the top are still going. They said they are still going for a while and usually go to the end of april. Its about 4 and a half hours for me but I can drive up saturday am, ski saturday afternoon, stay over night and ski half day sunday. I might go next weekend snow report permitting.

HellaRuby

Certified Ski Diva
I personally just think its the theme for my family this year! Anything could go awry will? We just returned my son's seasonal rental, I finally book my ACL surgery - throwing in the towel - cause its OVER right??? Right? Now this and then yes I get the rally email from Sunday River pushing us to take one last jaunt up there...but you know...we are done for the year. Gearing up for next year I guess.

@HellaRuby Good luck on your ACL surgery.

I just mapquested wildcat and its far.............. its 320 miles which is pretty much the same distance to Jay peak for me. That would be a weekend trip not just an overnight. Might save it for next season. I am getting tired. I've been skiing every weekend since the first weekend of January. Mama just wants to veg on the couch. Not sure I'm up for a big drive for a weekend at this moment especially since we haven't had a banner season and there's not many trails open. If I am going to do it I might as well drive the same distance and hit Jay Peak where they have 2x the amount of terrain open.

Its been a crappy season winter wise but a great season for me on every other level so I think it might be time to call it a season.

HellaRuby

Certified Ski Diva
I have to agree. If *I* were going to take the trip I would also opt for twice the terrain!

thanks for the luck! I am going to need it...not looking forward to it but the say they will have me "ski ready in 6-9 months" woot woot.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
We are only 2 and a half hours from Mount Snow and Stratton and Okemo a little bit farther and Killington a bit farther than that. I wish we were farther north because Sugarbush and Sunday River would be much more doable.

I am hesitant to hit stratton this weekend as their base is only 12 inches. It just pains me to spend the daily price for a killington lift ticket. I think this fall we'll buy some bulk tickets for Stratton, Okemo and Killington, that way we'll basically get lift tickets at half price and these trips once Mount Snow closes will be more feasible.
This is why you need rock skis.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member

@surfsnowgirl , Killington is not as expensive as you think. Right now, if you present a 2015-16 season pass or lift ticket from any resort, you get 50% off the window rate. So this brings it down to $47. Liftopia would make it even less.

@surfsnowgirl , Killington is not as expensive as you think. Right now, if you present a 2015-16 season pass or lift ticket from any resort, you get 50% off the window rate. So this brings it down to $47. Liftopia would make it even less.

Wow, didn't know about the other resort season pass = 50% off, that's handy. I obviously have also forgotten about liftopia, that's how i got our jay tickets. Doh...

This weekend is also a NY ski council weekend so me thinks my ticket would be $43

Skivt2

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The walk up rate at Killington has dropped. Spring discount rates now in effect of $70. So 50% of that is $35.

$35, SWEET. Okay so the skis aren't getting put away just yet. Looks like gondola and superstar quad are the ones running. Which lodge do i park in for these? Michael has been with me both times i have been to killington and i wasn't driving so not sure where to go.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
$35, SWEET. Okay so the skis aren't getting put away just yet. Looks like gondola and superstar quad are the ones running. Which lodge do i park in for these? Michael has been with me both times i have been to killington and i wasn't driving so not sure where to go.

There's only one lodge open -- K1 -- which is at the very end of the access road. You can't miss it. Parking is there, too.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna