• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Suggestions for first skis?

SkiMauw

Certified Ski Diva
They're here!

skis%20-%201.jpg

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Purdy and primed...for adventure!

SkiMauw

Certified Ski Diva
And they already had the bindings mounted, so not sure why Corbett's said they come without? These are system bindings so adjustable for different boot sizes, do system bindings normally come separate from the ski and the shop installs them? In any case, this saves me a mounting cost and I just have to pay for adjustment!

marzNC

Angel Diva
And they already had the bindings mounted, so not sure why Corbett's said they come without? These are system bindings so adjustable for different boot sizes, do system bindings normally come separate from the ski and the shop installs them? In any case, this saves me a mounting cost and I just have to pay for adjustment!
Congrats on the new skis!

Last year I bought Head Absolut Joy skis. They were new and came shrink-wrapped in a box, with the system bindings in a separate small box. Guess the answer is "it depends."

SkiMauw

Certified Ski Diva
Congrats on the new skis!

Last year I bought Head Absolut Joy skis. They were new and came shrink-wrapped in a box, with the system bindings in a separate small box. Guess the answer is "it depends."

Fair enough. I am guessing the place I ordered from is a smaller shop and probably had them done up ready to sell in store. I see they are sold out now, so my guess is I bought the only pair they had left.

Jilly

Staff member
You still need to have those check for your boots. So get them to a ski shop to set the bindings up for your boots. Don't ski them until that's done. I can see Corbett's sending them this way to ensure the whole package gets there.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
What Jilly said. Binding mounts are not complete till they are verified with the *actual* boot.

SkiMauw

Certified Ski Diva
You still need to have those check for your boots. So get them to a ski shop to set the bindings up for your boots. Don't ski them until that's done. I can see Corbett's sending them this way to ensure the whole package gets there.

What Jilly said. Binding mounts are not complete till they are verified with the *actual* boot.

I didn't get them from Corbett's. Corbett's was the place that said they would charge an additional $30 to mount them.

And yes, I know they need to be adjusted to my boots and the DIN set. :smile: I was just happy I can pay for an adjustment instead of a mount + adjustment. And since the local shop here doesn't get skis in with system bindings (only flat skis), I'm not certain they'd know how to put the system bindings on skis anyway. Haha!

Jilly

Staff member
Sorry. We don't have many on line sources for ski stuff up here. Corbetts is one of the better ones as they are brick and mortar too.

Now get them adjusted and go have some fun!!

SkiMauw

Certified Ski Diva
Sorry. We don't have many on line sources for ski stuff up here. Corbetts is one of the better ones as they are brick and mortar too.

Now get them adjusted and go have some fun!!

This was a shop in a small city in Alberta that I just happened to stumble on while Googling. Free shipping, skis were $50 less than the other stores I found them at and they shipped Monday (I ordered Sunday) so I am pleased with the service.

Looks like we won't be skiing until the Christmas break. The 2 hills around here (and either are a couple hours away) don't open until early December so we have plans to do a couple days during the break and get a lesson in for everyone. This is the first year ever that I am excited about winter and snow!! :yahoo:

Last edited:

Jilly

Staff member
Same ski, local swap....$ 269, no tax. Could not convince a women to buy them. She wants something at $100. Good luck with that.

SkiMauw

Certified Ski Diva
Same ski, local swap....$ 269, no tax. Could not convince a women to buy them. She wants something at $100. Good luck with that.

And here I was thrilled with $300 skis. I was convinced I was going to have to spend a minimum $600.

Jilly

Staff member
Hey they might not have been the right size. She was tall!. You still got a good deal on a good ski!

@SkiMauw congrats on your new babies. Can't wait to hear how you like them.

Think snow!!!

Liquid Yellow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Congrats on the new skis! Hope you enjoy them. I loved my Dynastars.

I have the Temptation 80s, they are great skis, and the 'bubble gum' colour doesn't really bother me. Shame they get so much hate on here. I'd have preferred a different colour (in hindsight I wish I'd got the Experience 80s to match my trousers!), but they're not that bad and the performance makes up for it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna