• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Southwest fare sale!!!

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Okay, through 29 October, great fares on Southwest (can't fly Sunday, though).

Round trips from Denver to Salt Lake, for example, are $50. I kid you not. I just bought four tickets for a grand total (including fees) of $284.

Good for "value" ski season, basically.

"Purchase by October 29, 2009 for travel Dec. 2 - Dec. 16, 2009 and Jan. 5 - Feb. 10, 2010. Travel valid every day except Sundays."

Party on.:clap:

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hmm...must check out fares to Phoenix for my marathon in January! They were already cheap (as in <$150), but cheaper is even better!

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Very cool promotion! No baggage fees for up to 2 checked bags either!

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Great time to get tix for Diva Week at Tahoe, ladies!
Unfortunately, it won't be because the promotion is for flights for a time period in Dec and early Jan to early Feb. :(

Still, a great time to get out if you've been putting off a trip because of expense!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Heads up re Southwest in that they have altered their pre-boarding pass policy somewhat: for an extra $10 (I think..check website), you can guarantee your boarding order. This used to be achieved by checking in online a certain number of hours prior to the flight departure time. Now, for that extra $, you can guarantee it. This tends to get a bit confusing, as Southwest specifies that not everyone can be guaranteed an "A" boarding pass, even if ticket-holder pre-pays. :confused::noidea:

Especially if flying with someone else (or more than just one other), this seems like it would be worth the extra $ to guarantee 2+ seats together (it can be a tad chaotic in that regard on this carrier), but I'm not sure how this added-fee deal is working out (it's fairly new).

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
I saw these fares last night, they're unreal. I have to see if any of my friends can commit to a long weekend in Utah or something during those dates, otherwise I'm just booking some myself. :smile:

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
I saw these fares last night, they're unreal. I have to see if any of my friends can commit to a long weekend in Utah or something during those dates, otherwise I'm just booking some myself. :smile:

I'm going to head out to CO for sure....!

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think SnowHot should come back East during early-mid January so I can ski with her this season. :wink:

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Just booked a trip to Schweitzer at the end of January, $200. RT from Boston to Spokane! Non-stop!!! Wooo-hooooo!!!!! :clap:

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm booked for Phoenix for $120! Ok, it's actually on Frontier, but it's thanks to the Southwest fare sale. :becky:

Swamp Dog

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
wow....this is so contagious I feel that I should be going somewhere!!
:laugh:

any CO peeps need a guest? <kidding.....> <sorta.....> :becky:

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks for the heads up. These deals are great! It's times like these that living in the middle of the country does not pay off, though.

Christy

Angel Diva
Oh geez. We traveled SO much this year and really didn't need to plan another trip, even a short one. But this sale is great and so we're flying to SLC for a weekend of skiing. Our first time skiing Utah.

So, thanks for the alert. :smile:

vickie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
just booked to Denver in December ... working on northeast in January now!

the beauty of Southwest is that they check first bag for free ... and ski bag plus boot bag counts as one. We take regular clothes in carry-on and pay no baggage fees.

graveygirl

Diva in Training
Remember, Southwest is the Only airline that will carry your skis for FREE! Okay, a bit of a plug, since this is my employer.

Christy

Angel Diva
Wow, I didn't know that Alaska charged for that--they didn't charge us in March--but you're right, they now do. $15.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna