• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Snowbasin, a video of someone Divas know who loves skiing

marzNC

Angel Diva
Sounds like it's on to the next round on Friday, May 2. Assuming a win that will put make them the winner of the regional. Final voting won't happen until September.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Looking good on Sat morning. The tally is 255 to 113 in favor of Snowbasin. Voting ends on May 3.

The voting for the other contests is much closer. Almost a tie for Big East and Midwest, with about 240 votes for all four videos. The winner in the Midwest will be the competition for the winner of the Southwest in the fall. Hopefully that will be The World Opens Up.

Regional finalists each win a goggle camera. The Champion gets to attend the first showing of the Warren Miller 2015 film. It sounds like regional finalists will have their videos shown at WME showings in their region.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I gather Snowbasin won. :smile:

LL.png

The competition in September with Mount Bohemia will be tough. The last tally that I saw for the SW was 324 to 152. It was the only easy win of the four contests May 2-3. At the same time close to the end, Mount Bohemia had 435 over their competition, who had 406.

Thanks for the support. See you in September!

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Gotta say, the Mount Bohemia video was fun, too. Not the same kind of thing as the Snowbasin video at all, though.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Time to vote again! The video made it to the final two and is now behind the other contender!

marzNC

Angel Diva
I just voted and currently Snowbasin has 202 votes while Mount Bohemia has 360
Thanks for the count! Mount Bohemia is a small community in northern MI, but they have plenty of experience getting FB votes. I bet people are making phone calls today.

https://hometown-hills-prod.herokuapp.com

Voting for the WME Championship round ends at noon MDT, Friday, Sept. 19. Can you think of a friend who would respond to a PM or email or text?

marzNC

Angel Diva
It's official. WME announced on their FB page that Midwest Powder Mecca filmed at Mount Bohemia won the Championship vote. The lead was about 200 for the last 24 hours or so.

Thanks to those who supported the effort! Jim appreciates it.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I watched the Mt. Bohemia. Very annoying soundtrack. The video focused on a few individuals skiing beautifully through trees, trees, and more trees. One view was enough for me, whereas I can watch the Snowbasin over & over. In fact, that's what I'll do right now.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga