• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Snowbasin, a video of someone Divas know who loves skiing

marzNC

Angel Diva
Divas who went to the recent Snowbasin Diva Week West will probably recognize the skier who shows off his home mountain in this professionally done video. He's been an instructor at Snowbasin for quite a while. A few of us were lucky enough to have him for an orientation tour on the first day of Diva West. Very fun to see him enjoying the steeps!

The World Opens Up

The video was created by Two Sherpas, a private company in Utah. They have also done video for SheJumps.

marzNC

Angel Diva
There are other views of Snowbasin in another Two Sherpas video. This was created for the Ogden Valley Winter Sports Foundation. Includes kids racing and in the half-pipe.

gardenmary

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
When I was putting Diva Week West together, I asked Stew if Jim was available - I was STOKED when he said yes. We had the two best instructors at Snowbasin, and probably two of the best in the US. How cool that they were willing to set aside four days for us.

Such amazing videos. When DS and I were at Snowbasin a couple of weeks ago some folks were skiing the chutes above the top of Porky Chair - Jim mentions these in his post at Epic. Really something to see.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Divas who went to the recent Snowbasin Diva Week West will probably recognize the skier who shows off his home mountain in this professionally done video. He's been an instructor at Snowbasin for quite a while. A few of us were lucky enough to have him for an orientation tour on the first day of Diva West. Very fun to see him enjoying the steeps!

The World Opens Up

The video was created by Two Sherpas, a private company in Utah. They have also done video for SheJumps.
Jim's video is in the Warren Miller contest. Must be a Facebook user to vote. Voting for this round is for 48 hours. Bracket style contest. The World Opens Up is by C. Morgan and ended up in the "Southwest" region.

https://bit.ly/1gLGoGn

marzNC

Angel Diva
OK I just voted for Jim's video. Can you vote every day or is it one time only?
Pretty sure it's one vote per head-to-head competition. Each one last two days. They randomize which pair comes up next, so it's impossible to know when the next voting period will be. Jim is posting to EpicSki as one way to get the word out.

Looking good for this round. 102 to 22 in favor of the Snowbasin video after the first day of voting.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Sounds like there will be more voting in the next few weeks, but only for regional pairs. The rest of the voting won't happen until September. Guess that's when the buzz will start for the showing of the Warren Miller 2015 film.

marzNC

Angel Diva

The World Opens Up

The next round of voting is open! May only be open until midnight April 28. Go to the Warren Miller Entertainment contest page (https://bit.ly/1gLGoGn) and scroll down to vote for The World Opens Up in the southwest region. WME has had some problems getting the voting started for this round, so not clear when voting ends so don't delay.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Looks like the voting ended for this round on April 28 in spite of the voting problems. The last numbers I saw were something like 90 to 30 in favor of The World Opens Up. Thanks for the support!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Looks like the voting ended for this round on April 28 in spite of the voting problems. The last numbers I saw were something like 90 to 30 in favor of The World Opens Up. Thanks for the support!
Pretty confusing . . . voting started up again for the head-to-head between The World Opens Up and another Southwest entry. Leading 147 to 48. Voting should end late on April 29.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna