• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Skiing in the Mid-Atlantic (PA, NJ, DC, MD, VA, WV) for 2014-15

LauraVa

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So I decided last minute to head up to Snow Shoe this morning. I can confirm that as of today, winter is not yet done up there. It was about 18 deg in the parking lot and 36 deg when I left at 2:30. No mashed potatoes to be had. It really was a lovely blue bird day with nice packed powder, just a little skied off in some places. I hope conditions hold out for you, @Olesya Chornoguz. I'm so glad I went. Now here's hoping Mt Bachelor still has a little snow left next week.

marzNC

Angel Diva
So I decided last minute to head up to Snow Shoe this morning. I can confirm that as of today, winter is not yet done up there. It was about 18 deg in the parking lot and 36 deg when I left at 2:30. No mashed potatoes to be had. It really was a lovely blue bird day with nice packed powder, just a little skied off in some places. I hope conditions hold out for you, @Olesya Chornoguz. I'm so glad I went. Now here's hoping Mt Bachelor still has a little snow left next week.
That's amazing! Glad you could make the trek. Have a good trip to the PacNW.

Just finished 4 days in Colorado. Fresh powder at A-Basin and Snowmass. Then definitely spring skiing with temps reaching 55-60 at the base for Ajax (Aspen Mountain) and Aspen Highlands. Mostly I was in tourist mode checking things out for a future trip. Definitely want to go back and the MCP makes the decision even easier.

marzNC

Angel Diva
@marzNC I saw the A basin thread on Epic. Looked like fantastic conditions, great pictures!
Yeah, we were really lucky that JimK could meet up with us that day. He always takes great action shots. Has been doing that for DCSki Gatherings for years. I met him and his son, Vince, at the Blue Knob gathering a few years ago. Wasn't expecting JimK to put my username in the TR thread though.

JimK has posted great shots of his son during their driving ski safaris to the northeast and Rockies. They live in DC. Vince has got to be one of the youngest Level 3 instructors around. He's in his mid-20s and pass the exams this season. Teaches at Liberty.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna