• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ski Hoarder

newboots

Angel Diva
Ohh! They take my breath away! Gorgeous!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
<sigh> I had Ski Logiks. They were very pretty. I really didn't like the way they skied. Sold :frown:
enhance

On the other hand, NO THANKS to TWO FRIENDS (and you know who you are!!), I guess I now fall into the hoard category? 7 pairs? :eek:
One of the problems is that I lost my best resale venue last fall, with the discontinuation of the Carrabassett Valley Academy used equipment sale. :frown: Definitely need a decent alternative, which I haven't yet found, especially for stuff that's nice and worth something.

Jenny

Angel Diva
<sigh> I had Ski Logiks. They were very pretty. I really didn't like the way they skied. Sold :frown:
enhance

On the other hand, NO THANKS to TWO FRIENDS (and you know who you are!!), I guess I now fall into the hoard category? 7 pairs? :eek:
One of the problems is that I lost my best resale venue last fall, with the discontinuation of the Carrabassett Valley Academy used equipment sale. :frown: Definitely need a decent alternative, which I haven't yet found, especially for stuff that's nice and worth something.
I'm not sure I could bring myself to ski them . . .

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This is about when @volklgirl usually jumps in with a photo of her garage, saying, "Amateurs..."
:rotf::rotf::rotf: WORD!

Okay. I even got pics of the skis "in storage" in the garage rafters!

The skis we used the last 2 weeks, currently awaiting tuning/waxing (mine on the left up to the Aura, his from the Shiro right).
28660949_10213330600992769_6521998158505951702_n.jpg

The fat ski wall (the empty spots are in the previous picture - his Gotamas, my Katanas, Shiros and Abyss, his Confessions, our Kuros, plus a pair of Vertigo G20, just for fun). Oh, and that particular pair of Volants are a customer's also awaiting tuning.
28472246_10213330602392804_3273811913340579827_n.jpg

The skinny ski wall (His Racestock SLs, our 6*s, his old Gotamas, our telemark and XC and skate skis).
28576842_10213330602072796_6547728554931860817_n.jpg

The "Storage Unit" skis (his DH and 2nd pair of GS, my DH, his retired GS and F1s, my bent-all-to-hell retired GS, my "rockered" Auras courtesy of Delta, his X-Scream Series and 724 Pro, , my Karma [the Kendo before there was such a thing and my first pair of "fats"], and I don't see them, but my 2nd pair of GS skis are up there somewhere).
28684867_10213330601592784_6730939776015372335_n.jpg

The "storage unit" part 2 (garage sale/second hand store Rossis, K2 Apaches, and Fischer race skis) plus my race SL skis.
28576833_10213330601272776_5108551723852314656_n.jpg

I think that's all - other than the 4 prs of snowblades, 4 snowboards, and my original Kikus and Coalition Snow Bliss that don't have bindings on them right now.

We may have a problem! :laughter::laughter:

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@volklgirl
OMG!!!!
So which pair have you spent the most days on?
And maybe not the same, which is the one you love the most?
My favorite of all time, by far, is the Shiro. So easy, so fun, and so light, yet still had the chops to carve up a storm. I call them my PFDs - they are my life savers in deep, crappy, and bumpy stuff. I’d have to say the Harts are next, for the same reasons, plus they let me relax and just chill.

As to the most time, it’s probably a toss up between the Auras, the Harts, or the Fischers, although the RTMs are quickly weasling their way into that group.

Randi M.

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have so many questions....

How do you decide which to use on a given day? Are some of them really old and you keep them around for sentimental reasons? Do you have a secret place you buy them on sale?

And how did you come up with the name volklgirl?

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
@volklgirl - The Forum Legend. :clap:

I'll never get close, but right now we are a bit overwhelmed (having lost our primary fall sale venue). I *think* I have 7, DH has 4 (a lot for him, he's minimalist). Huge overlaps, though.

All this *no*thanks* to a couple of friends (forum members) - and "you know who you are!" (And all the skis are great, thank you!)

kiki

Angel Diva
I'm with @Randi M. on this, there is a bigger story and we need answers :wink:

Btw the white ones with pretty japanese flowers on them, what are they??!!!. I am sure i would ski well on them as they are so gloriously beautiful.... lol!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga