• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ski Hoarder

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Are we ski hoarders? (And my Black Diamond B/C and 2 sets of X/C skis are missing)

I should downsize---but I'm emotionally attached to my Ski Logics (inlaid wood/mother of pearl art is awesome) and Pocket Rockets changed my life (back in Honeycomb powder days).

Am I weird?

ski stash.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Christy

Angel Diva
I want my skis to be happy and used, so I'm an anti-hoarder. I even gave away a pair of skis recently that maybe I could have sold, but I just wanted them to go to a good home where they were appreciated. I think they get sad if they just sat around and don't get to ski. :smile:

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I would never get rid of those Ski Logics. They are gorgeous! As for the others, if you ski them and love them, what's the harm in keeping them around?

That said, it might be time to let the ones you don't ski find new homes. Though I'm one to talk; I have a pair of Volkl Tierras sitting in the basement just because I love them so much I can't bear to part with them.

MrsPlow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We built a house so we'd have somewhere to keep the skis. I don't appear to have as many as you yet, so thank you - you've enabled me to haunt the summer ski sales for another few years!

vickie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Definitely keep the Ski Logics - I lust over those every time I see them, but I think I’d just hang them up as art.
Same here. I'd display those ... over a fireplace, vertically on the sides of the fireplace, somewhere.

alison wong

Angel Diva
I think for a ski forum, you are pretty normal. Those of us that only have 1-2 pairs seem to be in the minority, here!

Agreed, I only have 1 pair of skis. I guess I don't know enough about skis to appreciate the differences, or when to use what... I would not know what to do with the 2nd pair if I had them... I guess it is a "blessing in disguise"?

DeweySki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Unless there is a space or storage issue, I say keep them all. It’s makes those of use with keep than one pair but fewer than the number in your colllection feel better :smile:

If conditions where you ski are as variable as they are in Tahoe that also makes a case for keeping all of them. There are lots of skis that come could be a 1 ski quiver for me and other Tahoe skiers but having the exactly correct tool for the trade is so satisfying! IMHO we need 3 pairs minimum.

VTsnowflower

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Way too many skis for one person in that photo! Like clearing clothes from your closet....keep the sentimental one or two, keep the ones you actually use (for carving, powder, rock skis, etc.) and let the others go. (Now, if I could only follow my own advice with my closet full of outdated clothes...)

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Definitely keep the Ski Logics - I lust over those every time I see them, but I think I’d just hang them up as art.

That's what I plan to do! remove the Marker bindings and put them on my cabin wall as art. Kind of sad, as they were hardly broken in....but technology advanced and my S7s replaced them in my ski life.

CarverJill

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Which ones are the Ski Logics?

I'm like @Christy and am an anti-hoarder. If I'm not using it I want someone else to be enjoying it. I hate throwing usable things away. I often fly to ski these days so prefer to have one pair of skis that work in all conditions. Currently I have one pair of older carvers and an all mountain wider ski that works in everything (Head Great Joy). I just sold my pair of Rossi Womens Bandits from 2004 or so on craigslist. I hadn't used them in years.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna