• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Sad weekend

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It snowed 16 inches at Okemo (wet and heavy so I'm not that sorry to miss it on a Saturday when I can't ski anyway with a weekday pass). I'm packing up my winter apartment and should be leaving today but the roads between here and home are sketchy. And raining with gale warnings up in RI so driving would be no picnic even if it weren't snowy/icy more than 2/3 of the way home. But since in my mind I am supposed to be leaving and have planned it all week, I find myself anxious and edgy. And probably transmitting that to the cat!

Took half an hour to clear the heavy snow off the car. Of course I left my shovel home last weekend since who would have thought ..... and I took my snowshoes home, too.

And I committed to teaching Pilates in RI on Monday so I can't stay, even if I paid for a couple more days. And then who knows about the weather.

Yes, this IS all just whining. And I did have a good season and skied 60 days. But some days the brain is more emotional and won't listen to logic (like knowing it will be safer driving tomorrow)!

Thanks, all. I just needed to vent!

Abbi

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I'll miss you, Abbi! Have a safe trip home and a great summer!

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
Two weeks ago today I had my most difficult time leaving up there while conditions were soooo awesome after the 19 inches of snow. When I drove past Quechee with people just getting onto the slopes for the day on my way to the airport in NH I was sooo tempted to turn the car around. At least I did get three fabulous days of skiing on it at Okemo before I left...
As my dad used to say "Take no chances!" driving home! Stay safe!

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Two weeks ago today I had my most difficult time leaving up there while conditions were soooo awesome after the 19 inches of snow. When I drove past Quechee with people just getting onto the slopes for the day on my way to the airport in NH I was sooo tempted to turn the car around. At least I did get three fabulous days of skiing on it at Okemo before I left...
As my dad used to say "Take no chances!" driving home! Stay safe!

We probably had the same dad! I also was always asked as I went out 'Do you have any walking around money?' What a memory, thank you!

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Quechee! That's my VT stomping ground. We learned to ski there as kids, and my mother lives just outside of town. Approximately one out of every five contractors and/or organic farmers in the Quechee/Rutland/Tunbridge region is my cousin. I'm up there a ton. It's a great area, though I have no f***ing use for golf.

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
Quechee! That's my VT stomping ground. We learned to ski there as kids, and my mother lives just outside of town. Approximately one out of every five contractors and/or organic farmers in the Quechee/Rutland/Tunbridge region is my cousin. I'm up there a ton. It's a great area, though I have no f***ing use for golf.
I skied Quechee March 11th on fabulous snow conditions though super cold. For almost the first hour I didn't see another downhill skier, though I did see both a snowshoer and a cross country skier going UPhill! Dewey's Drop was best ever and I kept lapping it with glee!
Do you ever get up there the first half of March?

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Do you ever get up there the first half of March?
I do when my school has a normal spring break schedule instead of the bonkers mid-April one we have this year! Also, as things close down here in the Poconos, I sometimes head north for spring skiing. Would love to ski with you next season!

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I got home (after have to crawl under the bed in VT this morning to get the cat who was so stressed by the packing up and changes in the apartment this weekend. I'm a bad cat mom ....) mid-day today. I did get a walk to salt water. The smell of the ocean did help me out a little. Working tomorrow to prevent me from jonesing too badly for snow!

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
No-no; I'm sure you're a good cat mom :hug:. 'Glad you're both home safe.
Being originally from Long Island,I am a little jealous that you came home to the salt air.
But, I will get to it the end of the month when I go to the Kingston Plantation, North Myrtle Beach for the Crescent Ski Council Convention (debacle with ~very~ competitive beach Olympics, etc.) There we plan for future ski years/trips.... :beer::dancing:

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
No-no; I'm sure you're a good cat mom :hug:. 'Glad you're both home safe.
Being originally from Long Island,I am a little jealous that you came home to the salt air.
But, I will get to it the end of the month when I go to the Kingston Plantation, North Myrtle Beach for the Crescent Ski Council Convention (debacle with ~very~ competitive beach Olympics, etc.) There we plan for future ski years/trips.... :beer::dancing:

I got two days walking by Narragansett Bay (where I live and sail) before today's cold, nasty rain. I am feeling better about not coughing up cash to stay longer in VT since it's raining there, too. The season is winding down. I'm making the transition and (starting to!) whining less!

Jilly

Staff member
I rent my place at Tremblant by the season opening and closing dates. It still comes out to 5 months.

That said the next 2 weekends are moving out ones. You don't realize how much you think you need.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I rent my place at Tremblant by the season opening and closing dates. It still comes out to 5 months.

That said the next 2 weekends are moving out ones. You don't realize how much you think you need.

I TOTALLY understand the move-out process!! Took me two weekends this year and I had already dropped off a few extra things. And this is a furnished little place!

Best of luck closing your place up!

Powgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We purchased the Rocky Mountain Super Pass today...we have one more ski trip planned for next week, but I am not ready for the season to be over...I've had so much fun this year!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna