• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Rossignol Temptation 82s v. Volkl Kenjas

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Good choice! I demoed the Temptation 82's at Mammoth last month and they were FUN!! I ended up liking the Black Pearls better, but the Temptations were right up there! Loved the pics, BTW. Beautiful!!

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I skied my Temptation 88's at Breck today. Conditions were a combination of hardpack, soft snow and mashed potatoes. They were newly tuned and easily handled the transitions between between conditions and sailed through the mashed potato conditions.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
FWIW, I have skied three skis in the Temptation line, 88, 82, 78. I liked all of them a lot but really really really(yes 3 really's) liked the 88. IMHO that ski rocks!

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Can you believe I had the opportunity to demo the Black Pearl's and other skis last week at Copper and I didn't even think about it. On the way home I realized I should have so I could understand what everyone is loving about the Black Pearls and to be able to compare the difference between them and the Temptations. Guess that shows how happy I am with the Temptations.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
True story: I was at a demo day with several other people. Two women asked me what skis for their ski style and purpose. I told one of them to demo the Temp 88 and the other to demo the Black Pearl. There was something about these individuals that told me that they'd like the respective skis. Both of them demo'd both of those skis, and they each got the one I'd picked for them.
I love both of these skis but think they have two different personalities and will feed passions in different people.

shima

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
True story: I was at a demo day with several other people. Two women asked me what skis for their ski style and purpose. I told one of them to demo the Temp 88 and the other to demo the Black Pearl. There was something about these individuals that told me that they'd like the respective skis. Both of them demo'd both of those skis, and they each got the one I'd picked for them.
I love both of these skis but think they have two different personalities and will feed passions in different people.

You are a ski match maker it sounds like! :hail:

gonainie

Diva in Training
Can you believe I had the opportunity to demo the Black Pearl's and other skis last week at Copper and I didn't even think about it. On the way home I realized I should have so I could understand what everyone is loving about the Black Pearls and to be able to compare the difference between them and the Temptations. Guess that shows how happy I am with the Temptations.

Black Pearl's were on my list because they sound like the ski (other than the Kenja) that people can't put down once they try, but they weren't at my slope to demo. Would love to try them on a real mountain someday just to see what the difference is, or maybe the Crush if I'm in the market for a fattie. :smile:

I am very happy with the Temptations though as my first ski. No point in being a maximizer at this stage, what feels good is good!

gonainie

Diva in Training
There was something about these individuals that told me that they'd like the respective skis. Both of them demo'd both of those skis, and they each got the one I'd picked for them.

Could have been the power of suggestion, but as long as they're happy! BTW would love to know what you thought the personality/style difference is between these two (the skis, not the people...).

marzNC

Angel Diva
Yeah our next big trip will probably be in Utah or Jackson, WY. May have to borrow some 100-waisters for that! The "powder" I've dealt with in Europe thus far has only been a few inches.

Did you look at the TRs from the Diva Week at Big Sky? Usually the info about Diva Week West and East is available very early in the fall. Always great to have Divas from across the pond join the fun. Can be an economical way to do a trip since finding folks to share lodging is relatively easy.

gonainie

Diva in Training
Did you look at the TRs from the Diva Week at Big Sky? Usually the info about Diva Week West and East is available very early in the fall. Always great to have Divas from across the pond join the fun. Can be an economical way to do a trip since finding folks to share lodging is relatively easy.

Just saw the vimeo's and would love to do that someday... looks like so much fun! Next season a bunch of us from London (mostly couples) will be looking for a place somewhere for a month or so, and that will probably be it for the season. There will probably be some loud votes for Jackson but I've read that Big Sky, Alta, and Snowbird are pretty amazing as well. We shall see...

marzNC

Angel Diva
Just saw the vimeo's and would love to do that someday... looks like so much fun! Next season a bunch of us from London (mostly couples) will be looking for a place somewhere for a month or so, and that will probably be it for the season. There will probably be some loud votes for Jackson but I've read that Big Sky, Alta, and Snowbird are pretty amazing as well. We shall see...

Big Sky is a 6 hour drive from Salt Lake City. Jackson Hole is on the way. So is Grand Targhee. Spending a few days in Yellowstone is well worth it too. :thumbsup:

Of course, there are folks who would suggest Tahoe or Colorado for a group with different abilities. Lots of options.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Could have been the power of suggestion, but as long as they're happy! BTW would love to know what you thought the personality/style difference is between these two (the skis, not the people...).
The one woman is a little more accomplished at finishing her turns and is advancing to more off piste terrain.
The other woman is a little more aggressive, schmears her turns a lot and is more likely to only go off piste occasionally. She's also hoping to take more lessons to improve her technique.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna