• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Rossignol S7W, 2012

Serafina

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
where did you mount the bindings?

The guys at the shop recommended mounting them behind 0, and from what I'd read on Ski Diva, that sounded like a good idea, so I went with it - but I don't remember how *far* behind 0. :smile: If someone chips in and tells me whether I can look at the ski and determine how far back they are, I'll be happy to do it.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
On the side of your boot, right near the bottom should be a tiny little vertical line (the boots' "center" line).

If the "center" mark on your ski is only on the topsheet and not on the sidewall, use a piece of masking tape to wrap around the top of the ski to the side, with the edge of the tape lined up to the "center" mark on the ski. If there IS a center mark on the side of the ski, you can skip this step.

Click your boot completely into the binding, then measure the difference between the boot's center line and the ski's center line in centimeters. If the boot mark is behind the ski mark, you're at - x cm, if ahead, you're at + x cm.

Lindsay

Certified Ski Diva
Epic review!!! :thumbsup:

I demoed these last Sunday in Fernie (yes, BEFORE they got over 100 cms of snow in like 3 days, grrrr). I struggled through one powder run on my Shadows and made a beeline for the shop. Had I been given a choice, I would not have chosen the 168 (I'm 5'3" and more of an intermediate skier), but that's all they had left in a fat ski... WOW!!! Sure, I struggled a little keeping these things under control, but seriously... WOW!!!! They charged right through anything I gave them, I felt like I was on a runaway horse... sure, you can slow 'em down a little with a turn here or there, but they're constantly chomping at the bit, ready to rip.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna