• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Pre-season shopping and/or gear coveting

JulieT

Certified Ski Diva
I found a small hole in my ski coat this weekend- Hmmm Maybe I need a new one... I like my reddish pink one however.

What fairly bright color would you pair with beige pants?
There's some really nice orange jackets this year that would look good with beige, but any bright color that you like would look nice with a neutral color like beige!

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This TNF Freedom jacket is really cute. Not on sale and no I am not coveting because I have a similar TNF jacket, but thought I'd share this with other Divas. It also comes in blue/turquoise color scheme.
women-39-s-freedom-print-jacket-A9ZQ_FN4_hero.jpg

deannatoby

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just received my new skis- Dynastar Edens.

LOVE my Edens. Glad you found a deal!

TJ Maxx has some jackets and coats, but not much else. Amazingly enough, I've seen a small number of Patagonia things there! Got husband a Marmot down sweater there for $99. He was cold last year skiing, which is surprising considering I thought he had better chances of winning the Olympic downhill than I did of him getting cold. He should be set now. Lots of TNF there, and the manager said they'll be getting another shipment in. It's a big TNF year at TJM.

They had the O'Neill brand. Anybody know anything about it?

Jilly

Staff member
O'neill is more a fashion brand for winter wear. They do a lot of summer/water stuff. The only O'Neill I own is a wet suit and thermal shirt for under it.

I'll have to check our version - Winners and see what's in.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Just threw in the proverbial old towel and got a High Sierra backpack boot bag at STP, used 35% coupon. Like the one I currently have (Dakine) but frankly could use a bit more room.

Jilly

Staff member
Place a pro order the other night. Should be in today. New pole - Salomon hackers, new apres shoes - Blackcomb W in leather, a mid layer and some trail running pants for the gym.

HarpoUtah

Certified Ski Diva
After trashing AT LEAST 3 sets of ear buds last season, I'm hot for some Smith drop in headphones (bluetooth if Santa likes me) so I can walk, talk, ski and moonwalk while on the slopes this winter. I keep choking on the price tag though ($199 for bluetooth). That's a lot of moonwalking.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
After trashing AT LEAST 3 sets of ear buds last season, I'm hot for some Smith drop in headphones (bluetooth if Santa likes me) so I can walk, talk, ski and moonwalk while on the slopes this winter. I keep choking on the price tag though ($199 for bluetooth). That's a lot of moonwalking.

Wow, I didn't realize they were so much. How does the battery hold up in the cold, I wonder?

HarpoUtah

Certified Ski Diva
Wow, I didn't realize they were so much. How does the battery hold up in the cold, I wonder?
One of my friends and her hubby have them, and they ski all day with them. Haven't heard that battery life is an issue, but I can verify. The HUGE benefit to the Smith headphones is that they have a button attached to your helmet that you can "slap" with your mittens on to answer calls and change tunes. #firstworldproblems You can get the non-bluetooth ones for about about $50 retail (usually less at Backcountry.com; got them for my snowboarding son), but there are wires from the helmet to the iPhone, which is the major reason I destroyed three pairs of ear buds!

eclaire

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks, MaineSkiLady for the recommendation on the Solomon Z10's. Just bought them from Evo. Ski's should be here any day now, too. So excited for the season!

Inoffensive Nickname

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
At yesterday's ski swap, I got a pair of K2 composite poles and a pair of Giro Siren rose lens goggles that fit really well with my helmet. I guess I know I'm a diva (not a bunny) because I have all kinds of great gear, none of it matches, and I paid half price or less on all of it.

Oh yay! And this is my 100th post here!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 14

jellyflake

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

:bcake:

... I should switch off the internet on Sundays... just ordered a (nice and blue) down jacket and some merino stuff to fight the cold :brr:
Now I am still working out which skis must be ordered these days and which of my old skis will stay with me for the season....

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Thanks, MaineSkiLady for the recommendation on the Solomon Z10's. Just bought them from Evo. Ski's should be here any day now, too.
You're welcome. Love helping other divas spend $ > :becky:
:clap:

Where pre-season shopping goes, I *think* I’m almost in the opposite camp? It’s sell sell sell season. We just sold 6 pairs of skis, 2 pairs of pants, 1 jacket. Done>gone. Next sale is next Sat, and my list is up to 17 items (!). This one all soft goods, save a helmet and goggles. And my lime green pants > out the door. They fit, but I feel...downright ?stupid? when I wear them. Better suited to a young person.

Don’t cry for me, Argentina - the gear closet is still wildly full! I ventured into purple last season, first time. Moving a lot of blue out the door!

Swamp Dog

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This TNF Freedom jacket is really cute. Not on sale and no I am not coveting because I have a similar TNF jacket, but thought I'd share this with other Divas. It also comes in blue/turquoise color scheme.
women-39-s-freedom-print-jacket-A9ZQ_FN4_hero.jpg
I want this...... shoulda stayed away from this thread!

Swamp Dog

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
this OrangeJacket.jpg

is going to look nice with this:
PANTS.jpg

a huge change for me. I usually wear more subdued colors. I've been wearing the same brown pants for a lot of years now. Time to step out of the comfort zone. DH says now he'll be able to see me coming down the hill.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
That is a great combination!

I finally have several jackets which are totally not black, so that's progress.

Have to lose some weight before I venture into not-black pants. :eek:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna