• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Nordica Santa Ana

Also an option. I'll have to keep an eye out on the sales this summer. I do have my Kastle LX82's, too. I haven't skied them in awhile, might need to get them out again.

I have always wanted to demo those. I may be going somewhere that has them in their demo fleet next week. Conditions permitting I may demo them. You should take them out again :smile:

I demoed the Santa Ana in a 161 (that was all they had) and I felt it skied short. The Santa Ana is a ski where I'd definitely want it in the 169

For me, 161 IS short these days.

Me too and I never thought I'd say that. My happy length with the skis I have is 163 and 164 but if I ever bought the Santa Ana I'd go up to the 169.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Me too and I never thought I'd say that. My happy length with the skis I have is 163 and 164 but if I ever bought the Santa Ana I'd go up to the 169.
My happy length also seems to be mid-160's, and the 169 doesn't feel long (at least, not yet!) I haven't been able to ski them since that first day, the conditions just haven't warranted them. Plus I was testing out some new Intuition liners so wanted to be on the Kenjas for that, since they have been what I've skied exclusively since January.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@Christy also tried the 93 at Sun Valley, I believe, as did Olesya but it was way too short for her so I don't think she got a very good feel for it.

Christy

Angel Diva
@Christy also tried the 93 at Sun Valley, I believe, as did Olesya but it was way too short for her so I don't think she got a very good feel for it.

I actually tried them on a spring skiing day at Crystal, on groomers. I'd like to try them again on a regular winter day, and off piste, and for a whole day ( this was a benefit demo day and they asked you only keep the skis for a run or two) . I did like them a lot though. I demoed the smaller size, maybe 161 or 159? I can't remember. I'm 5'4" 116.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh yippee, I have found me a powder ski that lets me ski like the tool that I am sometimes! These things are a HOOT and don't get hung up on me if I stem my entry (yes, happens still) or do something else stupid in the powder. We got a late spring storm last night that dropped about 10", which was NOT groomed after midnight, so the groomers were untracked fresh--absolutely fantastic. These skis made it SO easy. They are SO playful yet very solid and smooth, too. I'm going to be occasionally hugging them this summer, I think, waiting for next winter. Between these and the Kenjas, I have quite the fantastic two ski quiver for pretty much everything the mountain can throw at me. Interestingly, the two skis don't ski that differently to me, that I have to change my technique a whole lot to accommodate. I mean, they are VERY different skis, but both allow me to ski how I like to ski without fighting with me.

Here they are, buried in the snow today :thumbsup:
13015681_10209545415698592_4906204373636864541_n.jpg

The Santa Ana's were relatively fun and easy to ski when I had them on hard pack and ice so I can only imagine how much fun they are in powder. I am very happy for you. I missed my Kenjas so much by last September that when we went to storage to get something I had to pull them out of the bag and I did hug them.

Its magical when you find a ski that speaks your language.

Yay for the Nordica Santa Ana......................................

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The Santa Ana's were relatively fun and easy to ski when I had them on hard pack and ice so I can only imagine how much fun they are in powder. I am very happy for you. I missed my Kenjas so much by last September that when we went to storage to get something I had to pull them out of the bag and I did hug them.

Its magical when you find a ski that speaks your language.

Yay for the Nordica Santa Ana......................................
Powder is their place, for sure! We did have some dust on crust (it has RAINED almost 4", even on the mountain, until last night!) so I did hit some hard spots, and they were fine on those, too. This is a really solid all mountain ski. I have a feeling the Kenjas will become my "old snow" ski and the Santa Anas my daily drivers next season that will help me get off piste a lot more.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I'm so glad you are happy with them. I have to say I 'be been on the sambas for 3 days in Tahoe and think they are the most fun and lively ski I've ever been on.. Excellent in Tahoe crud and slush. Also ripping it on groomers today.. But am interested in Nordica Santa Ana for more of a powder ski.. Not for hard pack and ice... This forum is a bad influence . I was always fine with one pair of skis for three years. Of course you haven't seen my wardrobe . Spent way too much $$$. My priorities have changed.

Powgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh yippee, I have found me a powder ski that lets me ski like the tool that I am sometimes! These things are a HOOT and don't get hung up on me if I stem my entry (yes, happens still) or do something else stupid in the powder. We got a late spring storm last night that dropped about 10", which was NOT groomed after midnight, so the groomers were untracked fresh--absolutely fantastic. These skis made it SO easy. They are SO playful yet very solid and smooth, too. I'm going to be occasionally hugging them this summer, I think, waiting for next winter. Between these and the Kenjas, I have quite the fantastic two ski quiver for pretty much everything the mountain can throw at me. Interestingly, the two skis don't ski that differently to me, that I have to change my technique a whole lot to accommodate. I mean, they are VERY different skis, but both allow me to ski how I like to ski without fighting with me.

Here they are, buried in the snow today :thumbsup:
13015681_10209545415698592_4906204373636864541_n.jpg
I think I would love your current quiver, Contesstant.

BTW, I stem my entry alot, too!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
@contesstant I've been known to stem a turn in heavy Sierra concrete....you've got me so curious to try the Santa Ana's .... Do they ski short like the Rossi saffron/savory 7's??? Maybe I'm loving the sambas b/c in a 152 they are easy to ski.. And they are perfect for Tahoe spring skiing as hold a nice edge and I was flying through the slush today. Yours were pretty long , right?

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@contesstant I've been known to stem a turn in heavy Sierra concrete....you've got me so curious to try the Santa Ana's .... Do they ski short like the Rossi saffron/savory 7's??? Maybe I'm loving the sambas b/c in a 152 they are easy to ski.. And they are perfect for Tahoe spring skiing as hold a nice edge and I was flying through the slush today. Yours were pretty long , right?
They do ski short, quite short, in fact. My Santa Anas are 169 and are far easier for me to ski than my 166 Sambas (which I sold last weekend.) The Savory 7's in a 170 really were a 172 and skied rather long to me, but the 162 skied really short. The Santa Anas feel perfect. I have wondered if I'd have preferred the Sambas in a 159, but for powder skiing, that doesn't make much sense. And they ARE more powder-centric than the Sambas. Not the same crud busters, but they do just fine in it.
I think I would love your current quiver, Contesstant.

BTW, I stem my entry alot, too!
It's a hard habit to kick! I wish I could work on it all summer!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I also like skiing bumps .. That's why with the Santa Ana 's very short turn radius I thought I might like the 153... The sambas are really fun for Tahoe in the 152. But now wondering for bumps and powder about Nordica Santa Ana . Saffron 7 in 162 does not feel to long at all. Just better in soft snow than crud busting . Skied long black bump run that was soft in the Saffons and was fine.. Better than fine.. That being said, we're all different and that is a good thing.. It's fun to see what others prefer and are skiing. I was shocked my friend expert aggressive extremes in crested butte liked the black pearls. Blew my mind. I'm like, really?????

160-165 is my happy length of a ski and when I demoed the Santa Ana in a 161 I definitely felt they were short and wouldn't hesitate to go to the 169. When I had my Elysians I had them in 168 as they were twin tips and had lots of rocker, 159 felt way short in those when I demoed. It's interesting to me how some skis just ski short and some don't. When I demoed the new Kenjas in a 156 that actually felt ok, although if I bought them I'd go for the 163.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga