• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Nordica Santa Ana

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Me thinks that I'd find the Sambas easier in a 159, but that sounds SO short to me! I'll get back on them after I get new liners in my boots. Although, I had no trouble at ALL with the Santa Anas with my current boot situation, but the next day on the Sambas, felt like I was driving a boat in comparison. Just goes to show that demoing is SO important!
Yeah kind of wished I had tried the Santa Ana just to compare. I feel my Saffron 7's are super light and do hold well on hard pack. Very easy to turn, etc but can get a little noodle-y at times in really chopped up snow. I know you like longer skis (hey I used to ski 183's) but the Samba is kind of heavy stiff ski. Maybe the 159 would have been easier... and too long for me. You know I saw the Nordica Santa Ana in a 153 and thought, wow. This is coming from the skier who buys a pair of skis and only skis the one ski. Now I have the Kenja, Saffron, and Samba. You guys are a bad influence... Well I used to buy pricey clothes and shoes....now retired and only work part time here and there and don't need that stuff. So why not skis? $400 boots (not ski boots) or skis on sale is a no brainer now.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
12919227_10209425050409535_31261988_n.jpg

They're here! I think the Attack bindings look cool on them. They are SO fun to ski! It really was a groomer day, so I only did two runs them swapped out for the Kenjas, but these things are just a hoot! Can't wait to get them in some softer snow. I hope we get at least one more storm before the mountain closes.

I am wondering if on demo day, the bindings weren't set a little forward? They don't seem to ski as short as I remember. They still ski short, but not as short as I remember. Could also be because my boot liners are just so packed out, control is becoming an issue. Who knows! Anyway, I love them!

They are gorgeous. Love the bindings too. Glad you had fun in them. Fingers crossed for another storm so you can spend the whole day in them :smile:

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just realized that my red Outdoor Research Axcess jacket, which is my favorite jacket of all time but a boring color, would look really good with these and my tealish pants and helmet :tongue: I have to say that I'm not a big graphics snob, but when I was riding the lift and looking down at these, I was thinking, "man, these are nice looking skis!"

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Congrats on scoring the Santa Ana's, and with an amazing deal! I think the minty green bindings look great with the ski, which is good looking in its own right.

As for the Samba's, once upon a time, I skied @SnowHot 's Sambas in a 166. I liked them a lot but knew they were not the right length for me. They've been on my wish list for a long time, but there are so many skis that sound great too... Anyway for @santacruz skier , who's a lot lighter than I am, the 152 must be perfect. (That was an amazing deal too!)

santacruz skier

Angel Diva

They're here! I think the Attack bindings look cool on them. They are SO fun to ski! It really was a groomer day, so I only did two runs them swapped out for the Kenjas, but these things are just a hoot! Can't wait to get them in some softer snow. I hope we get at least one more storm before the mountain closes.

I am wondering if on demo day, the bindings weren't set a little forward? They don't seem to ski as short as I remember. They still ski short, but not as short as I remember. Could also be because my boot liners are just so packed out, control is becoming an issue. Who knows! Anyway, I love them!
I find combination of boot liners being packed out and heavy kind of crud like snow will ALWAYS change the way I ski and throw me off my game. We all love the Santa Anas...They are available in a 153......hmmm would be another fun Tahoe ski. Okay who wants my Kenjas????

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Now see, I still love my Kenjas as a strictly groomer ski, and since I ski a LOT, having a groomer ski is kind of a must because there are many days when you don't want to be anywhere but groomers. In fact, I am jonesing for a true front side carver, too! I truly love groomer skiing, it is such a great opportunity to work on perfecting things and you can go fast! :ski3:

@VickiK, try to demo before you buy. Take it from me :tongue:
The Santa Anas are SO much easier for me personally to turn and get on edge compared to the Sambas. In fact, they are truly a great compliment to the Kenjas because both are easy turning skis. I don't have to change much I am finding when switching between the two.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Now see, I still love my Kenjas as a strictly groomer ski, and since I ski a LOT, having a groomer ski is kind of a must because there are many days when you don't want to be anywhere but groomers. In fact, I am jonesing for a true front side carver, too! I truly love groomer skiing, it is such a great opportunity to work on perfecting things and you can go fast! :ski3:

@VickiK, try to demo before you buy. Take it from me :tongue:
The Santa Anas are SO much easier for me personally to turn and get on edge compared to the Sambas. In fact, they are truly a great compliment to the Kenjas because both are easy turning skis. I don't have to change much I am finding when switching between the two.
Yeah, the kenjas are good on groomers but don't really ski groomers too much unless conditions are crappy everywhere else. I skied them for 3 years and am now over them. Never thought they were good in powder and heavy sierra cement....but yes always good on groomers...

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
In fact, I am jonesing for a true front side carver, too! I truly love groomer skiing, it is such a great opportunity to work on perfecting things

Maybe one day you'll get to try the Kicker Filibuster! A perfect frontside carver. Love mine.

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
ok - all this santa ana joy and photos...so exciting! love the photos!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Also an option. I'll have to keep an eye out on the sales this summer. I do have my Kastle LX82's, too. I haven't skied them in awhile, might need to get them out again.
Heard those are good frontside skis.

maggie198

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

I do think Nordicas ski a LITTLE shorter than some brands, or maybe they just measure their skis differently. Or perhaps they are just easier to ski for their length, with the sidecut, as most of their skis have quite a bit of shape to them. I also very much like Nordica graphics. A little artsy and/or creative (the former painter in me), nice color combinations, appealing without resorting to pink-and-shrink.

Enjoy!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga