• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

"Loud" ski pants

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Posting because I feel like if @altagirl doesn't have red plaid ski pants, it's because she didn't know they were out there. AG, those seem perfect for you.

Spunk72

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have Burtons and they are .... gold! Well, more like an olive greeny/goldy colour but they are a great pant, and I love wearing them! Red is my fave color tho... loving those plaid ones!

Perty

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
OMG! I have just seen more gorgeous jazzy numbers which would go with my jacket-the Volcom brand is clearly catering completely for me. Where do I start? I reckon there are at least 3 designs that float my boat...
and...the Haglofs Couloir Q III jacket I couldn't find last season after my fave green one (as pictured in my
photo)died. Purple.. and half price.....I have to have it.
Next issue...the trouser dilemma! Advice please
These? (Sod it...am hitting the checkout with these and the jacket come what may!) I just hope they fit...
volcom9517owl-m.jpg

Or these? https://shop.surfhouse.ee/media/cat...a9de82fb58b1/v/o/volcom_zoomer_pant_ssh_3.jpg

Or these? (Goretex for £69!)
ENLSTO.jpg

There are at least another 3 pairs of ski trousers in my checkout at the moment, but I think I'll be a good girl.....

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Black pants with blue-purple fantasy motif look great and would be wunderbar with the new purple jacket. Go for it!
White pants with Volcom scribbles are cute.
Black and red graphic print on top of what looks like cream - these pants might be hard to coordinate with

Perty

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I like these!
Me too...just my colour. I have just ordered them plus the yellow and black ones...on the basis that I at least have to try them and if I don't like them I can sent them back....:smile:. The yellow/orange/black ones should go with my dark orange/red north face jacket...
Not quite sure what Mr P will think if I try and pack 4 pairs of ski trousers for any winter trip, let alone 2 jackets. Life is so simple with just one pair of ski pants, with no risk of leaving one's lift pass in the wrong trousers...

Jenny

Angel Diva
Me too...just my colour. I have just ordered them plus the yellow and black ones...on the basis that I at least have to try them and if I don't like them I can sent them back....:smile:. The yellow/orange/black ones should go with my dark orange/red north face jacket...
Not quite sure what Mr P will think if I try and pack 4 pairs of ski trousers for any winter trip, let alone 2 jackets. Life is so simple with just one pair of ski pants, with no risk of leaving one's lift pass in the wrong trousers...
You're tall, right? Let me know about the leg length - I may need to start looking at that brand if they fit you . . .

Perty

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You're tall, right? Let me know about the leg length - I may need to start looking at that brand if they fit you . . .
Not really that tall-5ft 5 inches, and I would say my legs are kind of the right length for my body...though I always play safe and buy longer jean lengths as you can always make longer jeans shorter. All availability in the Volcom trousers was for small. These days with the average sized female bottom getting ever bigger, my main concern is that they may be a tad too saggy on my rear and fall down over my hips. Not that I am some petite ballerina-like waif, but I can still get by on extra small on most things on my lower half.
I checked out the Bogner tartan pair, but can't say they do it for me, even if they were a 10th of the price...(Isn't Bogner utterly vile? Did you ever see a skier in Bogner ski past you, other than en route to their ludicrous black windowed 4WD limo, or the fanciest mountain restaurant?)

Jenny

Angel Diva
Not really that tall-5ft 5 inches, and I would say my legs are kind of the right length for my body...though I always play safe and buy longer jean lengths as you can always make longer jeans shorter. All availability in the Volcom trousers was for small. These days with the average sized female bottom getting ever bigger, my main concern is that they may be a tad too saggy on my rear and fall down over my hips. Not that I am some petite ballerina-like waif, but I can still get by on extra small on most things on my lower half.
I checked out the Bogner tartan pair, but can't say they do it for me, even if they were a 10th of the price...(Isn't Bogner utterly vile? Did you ever see a skier in Bogner ski past you, other than en route to their ludicrous black windowed 4WD limo, or the fanciest mountain restaurant?)
I'm so clueless as to brands that they'd pretty much have to have a banner flying above them that said Bogner - which is kind of what all the bling on a lot of their coats does, come to think of it! I did have a lovely conversation with a couple both dressed in Bogner while waiting for DH at Beaver Creek one day, while sensibly NOT skiing what DH went up to scout out. They own a ski-in/ski-out place there. What a life!

By now, though, even if I suddenly came into money I couldn't bring myself to pay that kind of cash for clothes. I've spent too many years being a "normal" person and shopping at "normal" stores for that. (And I put normal in quotes because my normal is not someone else's normal, I know. It's all what you get accustomed to, I guess.)

Perty

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The goodies have arrived! :smile:
Haglofs jacket- gorgeous...
6021042c6_fw13_couloiriiiqjacket.jpg

The purple, flowery ski pants....:hurt:. Not such a good look. They are clearly once size too big, and unspeakably baggy. I think they are designed for the "lowered crotch look"...and appear to be made with an unfeasably large qty of fabric! They don't even look that great with the purple jacket. Am thinking about looking for them in a size down, but I don't much care for the fabric either. I supposedly I were a 20 year old boarder, I might like them, but am feeling rather disappointed.

The yellow, black etc ski pants....also a bit too big but I think. I can get away with them as they are much less baggy in the leg and do seem to hug my rear a little more. They will definitely go with the orangey red jacket. But you know what that means...
I have one ski jacket with 3 options for my lower half, and one jacket with none (apart from my ancient black pair). Need to get all the kit out and do some serious editing!

Jenny

Angel Diva
Too bad, Perty - they were really cute in the picture. The coat is awfully nice, at least.

Perty

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Too bad, Perty - they were really cute in the picture. The coat is awfully nice, at least.
I can however report that the leg length in both pairs is pretty good, especially the yellow ones, even allowing for the baggy waistline.
Am tempted to try some ski gear selfies...watch this space!

Perty

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Very nearly posted the selfies, but got Mr P to pass judgment. I'm keeping the yellow trousers and sending everything else back. It suddenly occurred to me that Mr P wears a dark purply blue shell jacket with lime green zips. Far too similar to the Haglofs one for us to both be seen on the mountain together without appearing as ski nerds joined at the hip!

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 22
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 21
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 22
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 21
  • photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 22

Jenny

Angel Diva
I really like the red plaid ones you have, too. If I ever see any that are in my price range I'm all over them!

Perty

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oops, I didn't mean to post my selfies, but clearly made a mess of it! The red plaid are a UK Brand called Surfanic, but they are at least 4 seasons old now.. Surfanic's current stuff is pretty dull these days.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga