• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

"Loud" ski pants

Perty

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hi Divas,
I am trying and failing to find some good jazzy ski trousers to add to my collection-well, it's currently a collection of one-my red plaid pair which go very nicely with my dark orange North Face shell. When we were in Japan, I saw lots of Japanese girls (mostly boarders) with all sorts of patterns on their lower halves. I don't want boring black, I want flowers, psychedelic patterns, in bright bold colours- anything that is fun and funky.
I have googled and found all the websites I can from all over the world, but there is nothing out there. Does anyone have any suggestions?

lisamamot

Angel Diva
Loud solids are an easy find, but loud prints are another case entirely. There does seem to be a bit of a hole there! I found a few, but not sure if what you saw was super crazy. I was wondering if it would be OK to wear a solid blue jacket with solid coral pants....guess I'm safe! Many of these are snowboarding pants...you're just not going to find the same print selection in ski pants.

Sierra Trading Post:
Salomon Brilliant pant in black/white; cute, but sedate print....you did say not black though.
Burton Crush pant in blue zig-zag.

Skis.com
Obermeyer Malta in Murano Glass Print (only a couple larger sizes left though)

Dogfunk.com
Burton Stratus in Baja Blanket Stripe could look amazing with your orange jacket
Burton Society - there are two prints in that model
Roxy Rushmore in Borealis
Betty Rides Siouxsie in Purple Tie Dye

If you find something you love, do post a pic of the new look!

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Definitely check out snowboarding pants. Betty Rides and Burton have some fun patterns and most women's snowboard pants aren't baggy but more fitted with slightly flared legs.

Also these Roxy pants are super fun!

Jenny

Angel Diva
My pink and black sparkly plaid ones are Sunice but I don't know what other things they have. They fit great, though, and have an adjustable waist band.

The Betty Rides ones that I first tried were not cut for me at all, and I am not a curvy woman either! Too bad, because they were adorable.

I'm on the same quest you are.

Tvan

Angel Diva
My husband used to wear these before he lost 30 pounds. I've tried to find them in his new, smaller size, but with no success. Pity, because they look fantastic with his ski jackets.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I second what @lisamamot said about the Burton Stratus in Baja Blanket Stripe. Cool looking pants.

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Cute Perty! This particular pant is not one of the slimmer styles though. Bonus for that feature however, is there will be more room to layer for very cold days.

Perty

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Cute Perty! This particular pant is not one of the slimmer styles though. Bonus for that feature however, is there will be more room to layer for very cold days.
Oh well... I've never gone for slim fit ski trousers in the leg, I'm more interested in the fit around my rear-hopefully XS will do the trick.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Check out Burton slims. I have some really cute patterned ones.

Perty

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Here is a photo of my current combo (I'm the one in the red, Mr P in the blue, taken in March).
image.jpg

@Perty , just saw these and thought of you. Not sure if your Burtons worked out, but these are certainly fun too (pricey, but with a coupon perhaps?)

https://www.sierratradingpost.com/skea-cargo-ski-pants-insulated-for-women~p~6120p/?filterString=womens-ski-pants~d~618/sizefamily~general;m/&colorFamily=09
Definitely my sort of thing...am very tempted:smile:! In all 3 colour ways......

The Burtons did arrive and do fit (snugly!-hoping to get my thermals under and fear I have fattened up a little over the summer) and match my jacket too. They don't seem all that baggy in the leg, and the fabric feels very nice too. Love em! I Must try and get a photo up of my new look.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Here is a photo of my current combo (I'm the one in the red, Mr P in the blue, taken in March).
View attachment 2942

Definitely my sort of thing...am very tempted:smile:! In all 3 colour ways......

The Burtons did arrive and do fit (snugly!-hoping to get my thermals under and fear I have fattened up a little over the summer) and match my jacket too. They don't seem all that baggy in the leg, and the fabric feels very nice too. Love em! I Must try and get a photo up of my new look.
Red plaid pants are really cute… Also Skea @ Sierra Trading Post super cute. Wonder how sizing is? Usually wear an extra small….

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna