• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

List of Women's Clinics for the '14/'15 Season.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Didn't realize that Wintergreen in VA added women's clinics on Sunday mornings. The Friday clinics have been around for a while. Sunday clinics are 3 hours. Fridays the clinic starts at 9am, includes lunch, and ends at 2pm.

Wintergreen Women's Ski Clinics
Women’s Ski Clinics, offered on Fridays and Sundays from late January through late February, are geared for women who want to improve their skiing skills, taught by Wintergreen’s PSIA instructors.

Friday Women's Clinics are from 9 am-2 pm. Lunch and instruction is included. Sign up for one or all five. ($135 each, or $525 for all 5, no additional discounts applied on all 5 days). Lift ticket and rental equipment not included. Friday Women's Clinics are offered on January 23, 30, February 6, 13, 20.

Sunday Women's Clinics are from 7:45 am (on snow at 8 am) to 10:45 am. Sign up for one or all four. ($115 each, or $400 for all 4, no additional discounts applied on all 4 days). Lift tickets and rental equipment not included. Sunday Women's Clinicsare offered on January 25, February 1, 8, and 22.

marzNC

Angel Diva
The dates for the Elk Women's Day clinics are:

Sat, 10Jan
Sun, 01Feb
Sat, 07Mar

For those in eastern PA, NJ, or the DC/Baltimore area, a drive up to Elk for a clinic is worthwhile based on my experience last winter. Need to call for details and to sign up. Very little info on the Elk website.

Jersey Fresh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Has anyone done the one at sugarbush? I could pull it off if I flew into NJ and borrowed my parents car. Id love yo stay at the inn that used to be the house my dad grew up in. I haven't been since I was little!

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
Has anyone done the one at sugarbush? I could pull it off if I flew into NJ and borrowed my parents car. Id love yo stay at the inn that used to be the house my dad grew up in. I haven't been since I was little!

This sounds like a super cool opportunity!

Wintergreen is in western Virginia, SW of Charlottesville and can be seen from the interstate...

marzNC

Angel Diva
Hey Marz- where is wintergreen?
Wintergreen is in the mountains between I-81 and US29, southwest of Charlottesville and northeast of Lynchburgh. Are you thinking about a 1-day women's clinic on a Friday? I don't think it would be worth flying to VA for that. Pretty small place compared to Sugarbush, Okemo, or Killington.

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
Wintergreen is in the mountains between I-81 and US29, southwest of Charlottesville and northeast of Lynchburgh. Are you thinking about a 1-day women's clinic on a Friday? I don't think it would be worth flying to VA for that. Pretty small place compared to Sugarbush, Okemo, or Killington.

I concur. Sugarbush has special value for you. I've done the WAA program at Okemo a number of times and it's a great program, though I prefer at least the 3-day.

Jersey Fresh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

I have some vacation time to blow so I was thinking if it was a not too bad drive Id look into it.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I have some vacation time to blow so I was thinking if it was a not too bad drive Id look into it.
You could call and ask who would be teaching your ability level. Sometimes Wintergreen brings in a guest instructor. The Ladies and Silver clinics at Mnut are such good deals for me, I just stick with those in the MidA. $30 for 2 hours with a very good Level 3 instructor.

ZealouslyB

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Pretty bummed by the lack of clinics in the east! VT is 4 hours for me.... there's really nothing in ME or NH. I'd LOVE to take a clinic to learn more about back country skiing and jumps/small cliffs/drop-ins but there really isn't anything like that :-(

Jersey Fresh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just signed myself and a friend up for the Head Women's Ski camp at snowshoe. Sounds super fun and I thought it was a pretty good price. $169 a person (w/o lift) and that covers AM and PM lessons and breakfast and lunch, plus a few social events.

I hope this clinic helps me fine tune and fix the bad habits I've developed from taking so many years off. I feel like three things are really holding me back and I am anxious to fix them but I need help.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
I am planning to take the 3 day Womens Clinic at Mammoth on Feb. 9-11.

I have reserved our condo from Feb. 8-12.

Anyone interested in joining me?

Jersey Fresh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just got back from the Head Womens Ski Camp at Snowshoe (WV) and I cant wait until next year! It was super fun, and I learned a ton! We had lessons all day sat and sun with an awesome instructor. Im tired but man I feel SO much better about my skiing. I about died when our instructor said to me "You know, you really are a pretty good skier". Made me feel like maybe I shouldnt be so hard on myself.

Head sponsored it which kept the price low ($169 if you had a pass, which included all meals, lessons etc Fri-Sun). The rep had a ton of skis you could demo for the whole day if you wanted. It was super icy on Saturday so I borrowed a pair of Absolute joys to play on since my Sambas were struggling a bit.

Jersey Fresh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh and we did a bunch of really fun drills that Ive never done before: falling leaves, rail road tracks, shuffle turns, pivot slips,-I cant remember them all. But they were all super helpful. For some reason, I never learned to pole plant. So while I was a pretty competent skier and could ski anything on the mountain in any condition, I would just hold my poles uselessly. So we did several drills to teach that properly. I was not getting it at all. Then the instructor had us do a free run then went back to it with a different exercise and CLICK. I got it. Totally helped maintain my rhythm when she had us go down a few icy blacks. I feel so silly for not learning it sooner. :smile:

Then I learned how to ski backwards and do spins. Which of course I then did every run :smile:

Xinga

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Did anyone here do this camp, or sign up for the next upcoming one?

Breckenridge Women’s Camp:
Session 1: January 23-25, 2015 (Fri-Sun)
Session 2: February 20-22, 2015 (Fri-Sun)
Requirement: ALL levels welcome!

All camps include:
  • Welcome Reception
  • Après ski event
  • Discounted lift tickets available
  • 3 days of Expert instruction by our PSIA/ AASI certified instructors
  • Export consultation on current gear and trends at Breck Sports
  • Alignment and equipment assessment
  • Active warm-up each morning
  • Use of slope side storage baskets & ski/snowboard storage
  • Video analysis of ski technique
  • Lunch each day at the Living Room at One Ski Hill Place
  • Celebratory dinner
  • Swag

These camps will create lasting memories and lifelong friendships.

Price: $699

maggie198

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Elk Mountain in northern PA is having their women's clinic tomorrow, Sunday, Feb. 1. This is always an enjoyable day for me. The cost of $100 with your own equipment includes all-day clinic, lunch, and 1 apres-ski wine/beer. They've been including a bit of video filming the last couple of times. There's still time to sign up if you call.

RuthB

Angel Diva
so jealous, it looks like a great camp. Hope the snow is good and there are lots of fab hucking to be had. Jumping off things and over things at the camp I did last year was one of the favourite things - totally reminded me that I don't have to be a grown up all the time :smile:

Have a great birthday too

SkiQT

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am thinking of going to the 2 day women's clinic March 12-13 at Okemo. Anyone done it in the past?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna