• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

List of Women's Clinics for the '14/'15 Season.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I just posted a list of this season's women's clinics on my blog today, so if you're interested, you might want to take a look.

Go here.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've done Alison Gannett's Rippin Chix camp in Silverton twice. I highly recommend it. It's a great way to get a feel for what Silverton offers and get some tips you might not normally get while skiing, like how to navigate a steep narrow entrance.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Nice list!

If I lived closer to the northeast, the one I find intriguing is the Women's Adventure Camp at Magic in VT. Only recently started learning about the place. Along with Mad River Glen, sounds like a throwback to skiing like it was when I learned in the Adirondacks long ago.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Magic is very, very cool. The lifts are kind of sketchy, and the snow making isn't great, AND they've had a lot of financial problems. But it's a lot of fun.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just signed up for Babes on Bumps! ... Now to let my team lead know about all those Fridays I'll be missing ...

RuthB

Angel Diva
I did the Elevate Camp at Jackson last year and would highly recommend it also. It really lifts your skiing, regardless of level. A bonus is that you'll probably get to meet SnoWYmonkey who might be one of the coaches.

marzNC

Angel Diva
For Mid-Atlantic skiers . . .
Just got confirmation that Massanutten will have a special 2-hour Women's Clinic again on the Sunday of Demo Weekend, Jan. 11, 9:30-11:30, $30.

There is a possibility of one Friday evening, Jan. 9, if there is enough interest.

iamOshawott

Certified Ski Diva
I signed up for the Women's Camp on WB for the second week of December! I will see how I progress through out the season and then possibly sign up for another camp at the end of March. xD

SheSki

Certified Ski Diva
Has anyone ever done a Backcountry Babes trip? I'm seriously considering this one at Wolf Creek in February.
https://backcountrybabes.com/tour/deep-in-the-steeps/
From the site:
Improve your technique and feel more confident in your skiing by learning to ski powder, steeps, bumps, & narrow terrain. Our highly-qualified & fun female instructors will give you the skill set you need to get off the intermediate slopes and groomers and onto all the black diamonds.
It's $375 - does that seem reasonable? I have a couple instructor friends I ski with here and there and I've never had formal lessons, just pointers from them so I'm not really familiar enough with common pricing to tell whether this is a good value.

Jilly

Staff member
Just for interest the Arc'teryx Women's camp at Whistler is $ 279...It sounds similar except for the yoga. If you can swing, go. These days are so much fun.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Learned today that Loon in NH has a Women's Freestyle Camp for ages 13+ as well as a Women's Performance Camp.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Has anyone ever done a Backcountry Babes trip? I'm seriously considering this one at Wolf Creek in February.
https://backcountrybabes.com/tour/deep-in-the-steeps/
From the site:
Improve your technique and feel more confident in your skiing by learning to ski powder, steeps, bumps, & narrow terrain. Our highly-qualified & fun female instructors will give you the skill set you need to get off the intermediate slopes and groomers and onto all the black diamonds.
It's $375 - does that seem reasonable? I have a couple instructor friends I ski with here and there and I've never had formal lessons, just pointers from them so I'm not really familiar enough with common pricing to tell whether this is a good value.

Well, at Breck, a "workshop" (level 5+ lesson with max of four students) costs $190 per day. So if you're just comparing price, it's comparable. But there's a lot more going on here; having female students and instructors can be a really nice vibe, as is being with the same group of people and instructor both days. If you're considering lessons anyway, this sounds like a great idea. Also, they mention goodies; sometimes the raffle or giveaway or whatever can include some really nice stuff, although I personally wouldn't calculate it when budgeting.

DeweySki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just for interest the Arc'teryx Women's camp at Whistler is $ 279...It sounds similar except for the yoga. If you can swing, go. These days are so much fun.
@Jilly, do you know when these usually fill up? Planning on going this year, but have not chosen a weekend (also still trying to convince some other gals to go with me!). SO wants to wait for a good snow weekend but not sure if these is feasible for booking the camp.

Jilly

Staff member
Some camps more than others. Depends on the time. The one the end of January for sure...prime time. Book it and go. Great time!!
In all my trips tp WB only once bad snow...it was a bad year period. Pick a day and go. They will find you snow.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You know .. bad snow is less fun, but with a good instructor you'll get a lot better at it.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
I've taken a couple of the Women's Clinics at Mammoth and found them to be very worthwhile. I hope to take the one in early Feb. this season.

Early purchase of a season pass at Mammoth included the benefit of a $200 gift card. I intend to use it as partial payment for the clinic.

I will be inviting the other soCal Divas to join me as the time approaches.

Does anyone have experience with the Betty Fest clinic at Keystone? I tried to take it once, but it did not seem very well organized. That was some years ago, so I am wondering if any Divas have had more recent experience.

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
At Cataloochee, NC they have the WOW Program (Women On Wednesday) which is six weeks on Wednesdays in Jan-Feb. If you have a pass, it's only $65 for all six weeks and with lift tickets and rentals, if needed, are also the best deal around. I've had a level 3 instructor all but one of the 7 years I've gone. A bunch of us carpool from SC as do some from eastern, TN. It's a great fun program and there's equally cheap lodging available if you want to spend the night before. (PM me if interested)

2bjenny

Certified Ski Diva
I took Jessica Baker's "Stretch the Limits" camp at JH two years ago (this year it is Feb 7 & 8, 2015). She is amazing. I got really lucky that year. There ended up being only two of us for the camp, so I pretty much had a private lesson with her for two days. She took me places on the mountain that I would never would have gone by myself. We worked on some technical skills, but what I really appreciated was that she recognized right away that I underestimate my ski abilities and that a lot of my barriers are purely mental and lack of confidence. By taking me just a little bit out of my comfort zone, she helped build my confidence quite a bit. I'd like to do the camp again this year, but I don't think my schedule is going to work.

A friend of mine from college and I decided today that we are going to go to the JH Elevate camp this year. I've wanted to go to that camp for years, so I am pretty excited. I see them on the mountain sometimes and it looks like a lot of fun.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just got back from the S.A.F.E. A.S. clinic at Copper. I cannot believe how much they packed into one day. This was not about skiing; purely about backcountry safety. Despite not skiing on a powder day, this was a fantastic experience and I can't recommend it enough. We practiced drills with multiple-body burials, having to talk to an unreliable witness to extract info, etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna