• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Legalities of Ski Safety

abc

Banned
you can't just slam on the brakes and cut across 5 lanes of traffic without looking.
Here in New York City, drivers do that often enough, especially taxis. HOWEVER, NOT the WITHOUT LOOKING part!

Ski slopes are basically a highway where 1/2 of the drivers hadn't got their learner permits!!!

altagirl

Staff member
Well if you want to talk crazy driving, Greece and Saudi Arabia were about 100x worse than Boston or Montreal in my experience...

But the comment about it being like half the people don't have learners permits yet is right on. :D

skipink

Certified Ski Diva
My coworker is from Sri Lanka. He said once he saw a driver hit a pedestrian, the passengers got out of the car, picked the pedestrian up and moved him to the side of the road and then got back in and they drove away. Come to think about it I've seen that happen on the slopes too.

SuZieCoyote

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wow

:fear:Now I know where to NOT drive. I drove in Boston once; quite an experience. If these other places are worse........

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna