• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Kicking Horse

Jilly

Staff member
I've an instructor friend who's son just arrived at Revy to work for the season. Says it's bad....wished he'd stayed with Sunshine now.

geargrrl

Angel Diva
I went biking in 45 degree temps Sunday. The guys are still doing DH runs at Mt Spokane if that tells you anything.

CalgarySkiGirl

Certified Ski Diva
I'm doing the snow dance and making sacrifices to the snow gods....sunshine only has a base of 88 cm right now. We need snow everywhere!

And I usually download in the gondola at Revy anyway--the bottom has sucked every time I've tried it. So I do an extra run up top.

I'm a snow snob and freely admit it. =)

SkiGAP

Angel Diva
Well I'll keep hoping - good thing the townhouse is a nice place to spend time - but maybe we won't have Kiku conditions...

SkiGAP

Angel Diva
KH info from a local:

"The snow at the top is awesome. Some chutes are in better shape then they were all last year! The bottom is another story. VERY marginal conditions with grass and ice patches. They are recommending downloading from catamount top right now! You can make your way all the way down, but it is definitely a tricky experience."

beckylh84

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Catamount is pretty far down the mountain, so you should still be able to get in some good vert! Will give your legs a little extra rest :smile:

SkiGAP

Angel Diva
Nice! 1 week to go! Kikus are freshly waxed :-). On Tuesday I head to San Francisco and Oakland for a few days first to meet up with the fam, then we all head up to Calgary together.

I'll appreciate whatever snow we can get...

CalgarySkiGirl

Certified Ski Diva
Not sure how kicking horse is--it was nice when we drove through there at lunch time today, but it's currently snowing in Revy!

SkiGAP

Angel Diva
It was snowing at 3:30am there - I have friend on site now...I still have two days to decide if the Kikus come alone or if they have Auras with them in the SportTube for low-snow days..

beckylh84

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Should be nice skiing up in the alpine at KH the next few days. Hear a storm is rolling in? I've had rude awakenings the last few mornings--waking up to POWDER ALERTs in my email...

SkiGAP

Angel Diva
It was dumping a couple of days ago. But now I have a new worry - the cold! Seems the temps are starting to drop significantly and I have gotten soft in the Pyrenees and Alps :-(

SkiGAP

Angel Diva
First day yesterday! Up high it was pretty good, fantastic snow quality and excellent coverage. Most of the terrain seems to be open. On the lower part it is definitely thin, every bump in the terrain makes itself known, and there are tree tops and branches poking though in areas. The Auras handled it well, of course. There is certainly enough to have a great time if we stay high until it is time to come home.

One surprising thing, the lifts are only open from 0900-1530. Seems really short, but it *is* still dark after 8am here, so I suppose it makes sense. We are pretty far north.

Monday is supposed to be unseasonably cold - so we may be taking a day off - I am not the most hard core of frigid-weather skiers. That said, even a few locals and regulars have told me they are avoiding the elements tomorrow so I don't feel so bad!

geargrrl

Angel Diva
Funny, we think they are open more than most mountains! Regionally (Washington, Idaho, much of BC) it is a 9:00 open, maybe 8:30 at a few locations, with a 3:30-ish clos. Consider the length of the day and that ski patrol still has to clear the mountain, which takes a good hour or so after the last person unloads.

Christy

Angel Diva
Ditto. Everywhere I ski it's 9 to 3:30 (sometimes 3) for most lifts, it's 4 for some lifts at Sun Valley. The Whistler gondolas are the exception--you can upload as early as 8:15. The alpine lifts at Whistler close at 2:30, though. I didn't realize this was unusual!

SkiGAP

Angel Diva
Took Monday off as it was -xx F. Today started out as -7F but I went up anyway. The afternoon session I had with my friend who is a local was fantastic, double blacks in the trees, bowls, alleys, and we found some untracked areas. Also, it was warmer up top...This place may not have many groomed runs, but if you like trees and open areas, there are seemingly endless options. Lesson tomorrow morning.

SkiGAP

Angel Diva
So the KH trip is over. I recommend it - when there has been a dump or when there is at least good lower coverage. Even as-is I was enthralled - it is really magnificent terrain. I am back in a Calgary hotel, then tomorrow it's off to Toulouse and then to the Pyrenees next weekend!

VMG-in-KH.jpg

SkiGAP

Angel Diva
Two last points: my Kiku bases are in need of TLC from the week of lower-terrain pebbles, and Blizzard had a demo tent up today...(I did not partake - no free-heel bindings)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga