• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

It's TheSkiDiva's 8th Anniversary Week!

marzNC

Angel Diva
My first Diva Week West was in north Tahoe the year that Wendy arranged for a clinic with NASTC. The experience was fantastic! Not only good company all week, but as a bonus we had two powder days during the clinic. My first lessons in deep powder. Made a huge difference in my expectations of what was possible as an older skier with time for more ski days after being a terminal intermediate as a working adult.

Thanks Wendy for all you do!

Skisailor

Angel Diva
Well @skidiva and I have talked about this before. About how through this forum she has altered the trajectory of so many lives !!!! What a wonderful thing to have accomplished. She should feel so good about it!

I've met so many people and developed some really close friendships through this forum. And as many of you know this place has truly changed my life.

Meeting Ursula, becoming a ski instructor at Big Sky and falling in love with Montana! Wow. Never saw it coming !! But it's all due to this forum.

Can't wait until Diva West 2015!!

Thank you Wendy, for this place and for your wonderful friendship.

:smile::smile:

Last edited by a moderator:

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
I have several good friends who have posted in this thread. My life has been enriched by their friendship, both on and off the snow.

There are also a number of other women, whom I have met on SD and who have become good friends.

I wouldn't know any of these women without SD, and I am very grateful.

Thanks, Wendy. You've really fostered an excellent group of women.

And I am looking forward to making more good friends at Diva West 2015.

Not to mention the great advice I have gotten about skis and ski clothing ... I was not a jacket slut and did not boast a ski quiver before joining this forum. :yahoo:

ruthies49

Angel Diva
I am a new member and still have a lot to learn about skiing. I am so thankful that marzNC for letting me in on such a wonderful community;) My DH is an expert skier and I really wanted an activity to keep me in shape. I run during the year but winter has always left me unmotivated to stay active and skiing has filled that gap.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!

Swamp Dog

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I don't even remember how I found SD, probably looking for information on new skis or a place to ski before we moved to NH. Seems so long ago and like it was just yesterday both at the same time. Thanks to Wendy, there is always someone to meet up with to ski and new places to go. Thanks to all for the good times and the great information shared here. It's going to be a great season!

ZealouslyB

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I stumbled across SD back in 2008-09 looking for some info. pertaining to women's ski equipment, trying to decide it it was worth going to women's specific gear. It was my first real forum experience too. I was addicted right from the start! LOL

My first diva trip was out in Colorado in 2009 (I think?). Diva dude went with me, he had no clue what The Divas were- we met a small group the day before the official start day at Keystone and had a BLAST! Had an especially fun time with @ShannonD and family. Even Diva dude had a great time and doesn't hesitate to join in the fun now.

I had a long hiatus while I finished grad school from 2011-2013, but I an happy to be back and connecting with more great ladies with a passion for skiing! And I learn something new every time I log on!!

Inoffensive Nickname

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Happy Anniversary, Ski Divas!
I arrived on New Year's Day two years ago, after doing everything wrong when I took up skiing (DH bought my first skis/boots/poles for me from a sporting goods store, I never took a lesson, and didn't understand why I wasn't making any progress). Not sure what landed me here - probably a desperate Google search on how to become a better skier without shoving one's spouse's head into a snowdrift. :boxing: What this place has helped me with immensely is in providing me with solid knowledge to help me deal with my overzealous DH when it comes to skiing. You've all helped me work on overcoming a fear of going down a snowy hill at decent speed with two planks strapped to my feet, and talked me into better skis, as well as lots of lessons, and have also provided me with inspiration to get my hiney into much better shape.

Nowadays, if I'm questioning anything ski-related, DH will advise me to "consult the Divas" and he loves my Ski Diva sticker on my helmet.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga