• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

It's TheSkiDiva's 8th Anniversary Week!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
:dancing::bcake::birthday::party::jumphappy:

Hard to believe, but this week marks EIGHT YEARS since TheSkiDiva turned on the lights! During that time we've grown to over 4,100 members, held meet-ups all over the place, caused the formation of multiple friendships (both on and off line), and single-handedly boosted sales of loud ski pants, killer jackets, multiple pairs of skis, and all sorts of cool ski gear.

I love our little corner of the web. So thanks for joining, thanks for participating, and happy birthday to us!

In honor of our eight years on line, how about sharing some of your more memorable Ski Diva moments? Any notable threads that stand out for you? Meet ups? Aha moments? Care to make any comments on how TheSkiDiva has affected your skiing -- or your life? It'd be fun to take a trip down memory lane. After all, our baby is growing up!

Last edited:

SkiBam

Angel Diva
One of the best ski-related things I've ever done was to stumble across Ski Diva back in, I think, 2009. Since then, I've lost count of the divas I've met, near and far. I've skied with divas from all over, gone on trips with them, gone out to dinner (not even in ski season), had fabulous mountain tours, got great advice, etc. etc. etc. Mind you, I HAVE bought way more skis since becoming a diva than in any similar period in the past (but I can't really consider that a downside)!

Thanks, SD, for making all this happen - and here's to the next eight years!

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
How crazy that this forum is 8 years old but I am still the mid-20s whippersnapper I was when I first found the place. ;)

Thanks again SD for getting this forum going and helping to turn it into the wonderful place it is today! :smile:

geargrrl

Angel Diva
What I love about ski diva is the focus on fun and sports, with being supportive and friendly. I hang in some other female only forums that have way too much political agenda and drama. Not here. It's nice. As for moments.....hmmm. I will have to think on that.

Jenny

Angel Diva
I've been thinking about this - besides the new friends made, both online and IRL, the forum has caused us to take trips we wouldn't have otherwise taken, ski places we'd probably not have ever gone to, and to progress beyond anything I'd have anticipated when starting this sport.

Non-skiing related, it gave me a place to ramble when my dad was dying, which probavly maintained at least a little bit of my sanity.

I really like this place and am grateful that it's here.

SkiBilly

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Happy Birthday, SD! I'm only relatively new here, but this site has been a wealth of info and quite a few laughs....love it! It fills a big hole as most of my friends IRL don't ski and don't get my obsession.

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Congratulations SD!

I am fortunate to call many Divas friends IRL. Of course we've skied but I've also camped, cycled, run, hiked, dined, watched Film on the Rocks, watched kid's soccer games and more. I've spent holidays with some and had some of my toughest life lessons with some. I've even visited one on another continent.

I will always be grateful for what you have created here.

brumbyfreedom

Diva in Training
Happy Birthday SD!
Thank you for creating this amazing website. Can't wait to meet other SD's domestic and international.
It's snowing here while I type away…..sending all the SD's this spring snow feeling.
I LOVE snow, so much I live in a resort. We have 4 weeks left and it's awesome to have a little more pow for spring turns. Wishing all SD's a fantastic 2014/15 season. :smile:

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Happy Anniversary to the fabulous SkiDiva forum! Thank you so much for starting it @ski diva ! My most memorable moment was going to Diva West this past season, skiing and meeting many amazing Divas. What an amazing experience! Looking forward to Diva West 2015. I have also met several local Divas last winter with whom I skied several times and bonded.
So many things happened thanks to the forum - my skiing has improved by leaps and bounds because of being encouraged to take lessons and technique advice from the forum. I have ski boots that fit and a quiver of skis, and perhaps too many ski jackets and pants. :smile:

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
Happy Birthday to The Ski Diva! And many thanks@ Ski Diva for creating this world for us!

Its informative, fun and the most supportive people!

(BTW @ski diva: I was kayaking just down the road from you today in Echo Lake! Gorgeous!)

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Happy 8th anniversary(and/or b-day?) to www.theskidiva.com!
:party:

I joined around 7 years ago and think I made it under #300 for member number. Now 4,100 - wow. :clap:

Favorite memory: first eastern US trip was in January, 2011, to Sugarloaf - my home mountain. The first evening that all gathered together, at a slopeside bar-restaurant, was magical: we are HERE, together! Many meeting for the very first time : )

I’ve been MIA most of the summer, fully ensconced in The Real World - but surely will be more focused on next winter as temps cool and leaves change.
Think Snow! :snow:

Jilly

Staff member
Happy Anniversary to the Ski Diva.com. Like MSL I've been a member for quite some time.

Highlights -
When the Ski Diva asked me to be a moderator.
Mother's Day with the Bears in 2009 and 2010
Diva East in 2011
Roxy with the Diva's at Whistler
Meeting and sharing my mountain with many Diva's
All the help the Diva's have been in my life. Like Jenny I lost my Dad in 2009 and then last year my husband.

This is one of the most supportive group I know.

mustski

Angel Diva
I'm coming up on 3 years here! My first day online, I "met" @gardenmary and @contesstant and skied with them both within the next couple of months. They are two of my favorite women I have ever met! My second year, I met the other SoCal divas @VickiK and @skibum4ever and I am so grateful for those ski friendships. Last summer, I was thrilled when @vickie was in San Diego and contacted me so we could meet up and have lunch. Then I attended Diva West last year and had a blast meeting all the other divas - too many to mention by name. I said it on FB and I'll say it again here ... the women I have met through this forum are by far the most intelligent and interesting women I have met anywhere ... and so far all the DH's have been awesome too!

P.S. My DH agrees and has liked every one of the Divas he has met ... and trust me that's saying A LOT!

mustski

Angel Diva
I'm chiming back in to add something else that maybe others aren't aware of. My DS is in the process of writing his personal statement for university application and some of the Mr. Divas are getting mentioned. My DH developed an autoimmune disease when my DS was 2 yrs old and has pretty much been a "stay at home husband" so that is the focus of my DS's essay. Since ski culture is so much a part of our family life, that is being woven through the "family culture" thread culminating in Diva West last season. My DH fell ill and had to pass on skiing for 3 days, during that time DS skied with the "big dogs" and has wonderful things to say about Mr. Missiski, Mr. Quiverqueen, and Mr. Ride-Ski. He really looked up to them as male examples. Just so you know - it's more than a place to chat!

ride_ski

Angel Diva
My comments are the same as many of yours. I joined TSD way back in 2008 ( I think), I don't remember my member number, but it was pretty low. I stumbled upon the site while doing some "buyers remorse" research. I had purchased a pair of skis and THEN decided to see if they were going to be good. I did demo them first, but still wasn't sure I made the right decision. Since then I've met so many Divas online and IRL. I'm very lucky that many of them have become friends. The Diva trips have been great- both here in the East and the 2 I've attended in Utah. The summer gatherings have also been tons of fun- I REALLY liked doing the adventure course this summer with the (small) group that was able to attend.

gardenmary

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think I met contesstant and mustski in either 2011 or 2012 - can't recall exactly - but I knew I'd stumbled on something pretty amazing when they and Mr. mustski came to my husband's memorial service. They'd never met him, and we'd only skied together a few times, but they wanted to be there for me and my son.

You do not find that every day even in real life. I don't have words to express how grateful I am that Wendy started a group that has brought me much comfort in hard times, and lots of joy too. Diva Week West this past January was one of the most fantastic weeks I've ever spent anywhere, and to spend it with the folks who were there? Off-the-charts awesome. The resorts in Ogden Valley felt likewise and they want us back!!

Last edited:

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I have to say, I love hearing all this. I agree, it's a pretty special place, but it's only because the Divas are such extra special people. Thanks for all the kind words. :grouphug:

maggie198

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Congrats, Ski Diva, on your/our 8th anniversary! (Or birthday?) :bcake:

I've enjoyed this forum so much, and have gotten a lot out of it. Although I've only met up with a couple of Divas, I'm hoping to meet up and ski with a few more this season. Thank you, Wendy, for having the foresight to see that a women's ski forum was a badly needed thing! :hail:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna